Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18385 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
It's a game, I don't get angry. I just have a low tolerance for idiots.

:rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »

Go ahead run away. Just part of the strategy of the game.

You're gonna' be out of friends Zardoz if you keep downing HQ.   (Unless it is in retaliation that is.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:03:45 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
I got lot's of friends. Nice to know you're opinion though. It will certainly make me more deliberate as to who I choose to fight alongside.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
I got lot's of friends. Nice to know you're opinion though. It will certainly make me more deliberate as to who I choose to fight alongside.

I don't need to fly with HQ griefers if you are one.  Trump doesn't need ˇJEB! and I don't need gameplay spoilers.  I am mostly a lone wolf any way.

HQ griefers are being jerks.  Full stop.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:51:04 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2015, 06:30:15 PM »
Again we see the 'if you were any good you would be able to anticipate....blah blah...'

Well, guess what, we have been around long enough to see what is going on but the game mechanics mean we are powerless to stop it.  You are gaming the game, simple as that.

Ok, so your comeback is to say you are not powerless to stop it.  All you need to do is run constant CAP.  After all if you were any good you would do that.

Bunch of idiots doing their best to kill the fun for the majority.

Exactly.  It was also mentioned by others that a single set of Lancs taking out the HQ is ridiculous.   I agree.  Especially when one considers that a team has to reenact the Berlin Airlift to bring it back online.   

There is not one bit of rational proportionality to this aspect of the game. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »
Darn, I thought the 49r cheerleader was gone.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »
Fugi you and I play two totally different games. Your worthless outside of your element in this game and sadly your mistaken the majority of the time. I have flown with you guys and as I have stated before I am not impressed with you or the squad you fly in. Your a lot of mouth on forums though and decent ACM....

The best thing that could happen to this game is loosing players like you. Forcing a certain someones hand to grab a new player base. I dont think you quite get that "our style of play does not hurt the game we play.... we dont need big numbers and constant furballs to play AH. HTC has HQ up for a reason and we will attack it as needed whenever we want.

Again you speak of things you have no knowledge of.

While running ops one night 11 players and I took 11 bases in just over an hour accounting for over 60 kills and less than 20 deaths, most of them being goons. Not a single NOE, and the HQ wasn't down.

I have played all aspects of this game, DA, scenarios, WWI, all main arenas, all planes, all bombers, and most GVs. I have spawn camped, vulched, HOed, ganged and been ganged. I have dropped strat, and have resupplied strat. I have played this game since tour 21 under only two names, MDJOE and Fugitive. Even with the ridiculous hours you could spend it will still take you years to catch up to the time I have in this game.

In that time I have helped with skins, added content to the trainers page and even worked on a map, tho I never got it to a point to submit it. Map making is a long a tedious project that I just couldn't commit the time to. I also try to fly and fight with some honor. I won't dive bomb with hvy bombers, nor will I turn fight with them. They are also not to be used as a gun platform to vulch a field. I won't bail unless the plane isn't flyable. I try to RTB all flights, but only when I'm out of fuel or bullets.

You have flown with my squad and have been nothing but arrogant and a loud mouth on the radio. So much so that many squelched you before we even got near any combat. You flew for yourself, not the squad and it showed. It's a wonder anyone will fly with you.

It is players like me who have helped to keep HTC afloat. My $15 a month has come in EVERY month for a long time. In that time I have help many players get settled into this game bringing more money for HTC. I doubt very much if I have been the reason that any players have left, but your well on your way to being the root cause of many players canceling their subscriptions, heck, look how many you can cause to log out already!

We do need big numbers, not only for game play, but to keep HTC out of the red so that he can continue to provide the servers, tech, and upgrades to keep this game entertaining. You and you ilk seem to go out of your way to be counter productive to that by trying to drive players away.

If you were taking down the HQ to be tactical I would see a flurry of base captures just after you drop it. First off you guys are never shy about saying how long the HQ is going to be down for. How come we don't see all these bases being captured? In that 15 minute to and hour of the enemy being blind you would thing you could at least match what we did in the old days with 12 guys. My guess is you couldn't care less about "tactics" and are all about being a pain in the azz.

Your attitude is what is going to get you in trouble, I believe you have been warned once already. As for the HQ issues, I'm sure once AH is updated it will be fixed and you'll have to find some other way to get the attention you seem to need.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 08:39:02 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »
Nobody attempted to defend bish hq today as the bombers slowly crept there in an hour long flight......yet the same guys who won't lift a finger to defend are here whining.

I don't need an unrealistic crutch to find the enemy.

The HQ being down draws you closer to full realism.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2015, 09:15:16 PM »
Nobody attempted to defend bish hq today as the bombers slowly crept there in an hour long flight......yet the same guys who won't lift a finger to defend are here whining.

I don't need an unrealistic crutch to find the enemy.

The HQ being down draws you closer to full realism.

That worked great for Warbirds didn't it?  /sarc (Failed doughnut radar and reduced fidelity icon ranging, etc.   Chased a lot of people to AH, myself included. )

Mustangs vs F4Us.  Full realism at its finest.   /sarc

Oh and by the way, new players want to find fights.  They don't have your obviously superior intellect. 

The rest of us, fighting twenty players spread across 350 bases, would like SOME idea of where the fight is.

Keep it up and you can have your full realism--in an empty arena.

(Total blackout of enemy locations was never brought about by a single run of three Lancs any way.   You're way off here.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:18:22 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2015, 09:20:12 PM »
When HQ goes down I advocate a reduced update rate on con movement. To be totally blind is overkill, especially when considering how easy it is to knock out HQ. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »
Vuduvee, these people you say that are ganging/vulch's the end of the runway are Suppressing people while the town is being taken and captured, being vulched or ganged at the end of the runway CAN be prevented Simply by not upping there and up from the closest airfield to that one. This scenero only affects people trying to up from a base being taken.

When people kill HQ It affects the whole country of players And defending it is almost pointless unless you fly  defense around it 24 hours a day at every Alt level looking for that 1 set of lancs or the people that drive GV's for endless hours to kill the HQ which is Undetectable until HQ is down.

lol, i know all about not lifting from vulched fields. you misread what i wrote. i wrote that people dont want to fly 10 mins to runway vulchers(not base takes) only to get ganged by every one of them. these same vulchers complain about no fights, but when i fly 10 mins to give them a fight and they gang one of the only reds willing to fight, their gripe doesnt hold water. theyre full of crap, they want their kills and they dont care if it kills the game or not. and it does, because when you get vulched and  then next sortie fly 10 mins for a 30 second ganging, you do that about 2 times before you say thats too much work for nothing. then you log off. then you quit paying to play, because its a waste of time.
  the guys in this thread are griping about not being able to find fights when HQ is down but when they do find one, they gang the crap out of them. theyre saying they want their way that kills the game but others are wrong for killing the game in their ways. ive logged many times because of ganging wannabe fighters and because of no HQ. a few times was the best of both of their worlds when it was 2 teams vs 1 team (with less players than either team) AND they kept hitting our HQ on top of the vulching gangers. guess what rooks did in droves? we logged.    :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2015, 11:20:57 PM »
lol, i know all about not lifting from vulched fields. you misread what i wrote. i wrote that people dont want to fly 10 mins to runway vulchers(not base takes) only to get ganged by every one of them. these same vulchers complain about no fights, but when i fly 10 mins to give them a fight and they gang one of the only reds willing to fight, their gripe doesnt hold water. theyre full of crap, they want their kills and they dont care if it kills the game or not. and it does, because when you get vulched and  then next sortie fly 10 mins for a 30 second ganging, you do that about 2 times before you say thats too much work for nothing. then you log off. then you quit paying to play, because its a waste of time.
  the guys in this thread are griping about not being able to find fights when HQ is down but when they do find one, they gang the crap out of them. theyre saying they want their way that kills the game but others are wrong for killing the game in their ways. ive logged many times because of ganging wannabe fighters and because of no HQ. a few times was the best of both of their worlds when it was 2 teams vs 1 team (with less players than either team) AND they kept hitting our HQ on top of the vulching gangers. guess what rooks did in droves? we logged.    :aok

Nice broad brush.   I am outnumbered almost always.  Irrelevant in any event.

Anything that makes it harder to find action drives away players.  Is this supposed to be massively MULTI-player or not?

If not then close it down and we can all go chase drones offline. 

The obtusiveness displayed by the self-appointed ruling class establishment around here is staggering. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:22:48 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2015, 05:25:30 AM »
I respect that many dont want to fly against AI.

For me though, is there a way or mode I can run the current AH and fly against AI when HQ is down or the numbers are so low that you cannot find a flight?

I'd rather fight\practice against AI than spend my limited time running resupply of HQ.

Thanks.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2015, 07:38:41 AM »
My prediction:

1.  20 POTW have lots of jet perks
2.  6 Muppets also have lots of scram-jet perks
3.  Wizz changes his name to 212Urine or Bladderpants..whichever happens first.

Wizz, these folks simply tolerate you right now and have a bit of fun on the BBS.  However, if you continue to push your position of thinking that tard behavior is somehow a tactic of original design and you're simply repurposing it, you'll actually draw their ire.  And then you'll be asking yourself the same question another failed tactician asked himself:  "It wasn't his first time....he didn't think it would turn out that way...and it got worse, a lot worse and never, ever got better so how could this have happened to him?".

Giving your address out? lmao!  You aint that tough boy. lol
your midget tactics lack substance. Tolerate away  :ahand
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
Oh the insanity abounds . . .

Whinnes falling on deaf ears. The shear lack of any intelligence in this conversation makes my head hurt. I actually love being classified as part of the problem when in fact im not. I love being the whipping boy of your frustrations. Reading your threats to quit the game reveals who some of you really are. The same goes for those who can't seem to figure out that LW is a war not a 1d battlebox. While most in this thread focus on 1 element in this game that can be overcome I just logged +30 hours of game time this holiday weekend with 2 accounts and loved every minute of it! Long ago I decided to not be like you guys and thank god I took this path!

So with all that said despite all of your best efforts im still not going to be hell bent on dropping HQ but if it's necessary its going down!

Hell yesterday I helped organize a great strat run. 2 29's and a 17 to city, 1 set of lancs for HQ, and my 2 sets of 17's to ammo and AAA. Now why would we include the HQ? Because no one can see you on the return trip home protecting the perk planes as much as possible! The mission was a complete success. If the HQ needs to go down or if its a simple want to by a player or group of players it wont matter how high you increase the hardness its going down.

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO