Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18387 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »
This is an air combat game. Your actions inhibit air combat. Hence, your actions inhibits the game. End of story.

If you'd stop fur balling and protect your HQ, we wouldn't be having this discussion, you guys are just lazy.

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »
Well, the HQ needs to be 100,000 lbs to take out, so that needs to be put right if it reverted back to the lessor damage, but otherwise carry on <S>

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »
If someone feels offended by my words such as bear has and proceeds to tell me I dont want to go there you bet ill invite him over for tea and scrones :ahand

What do you think I meant? :x

Hard to be offended when I'm laughing at your propensity of making a fool of yourself. If you are adamant you want to look me up sure I'm send you my address. Recommend leaving your return date open though. Try to save you some money for any cancellation fees.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2015, 01:27:40 PM »
Why don't we quit blaming other players for a game feature.   I believe HTC is aware of some players' issues with the HQ downtime.  HTC has already stated that due to programing, they have to set the downtime and hardness of HQ on each map when it comes up.  Sometimes, that doesn't get done right away due to after office hours or other pending company issues.  They have taken steps to try different settings on HQ and yet it is greeted with more complaining.  Although it is not so desirable, I choose to run supplies to HQ, help the country effort and get on with the game. 

good points here.  addressing complaints led to more problems.  first of all hq is designed as the ultimate bomber target, for its destruction the player influences the enemys most valuable asset in the air war, radar,  :aok.  even better the most valuable fighter plane in the game is available only to defend the hq.  and hq is deep in enemy territory, in theory, helping to recreate the long dangerous fights that were a hallmark of ww2 air combat.  therefore a great feature!  not much more should need to be said.  :banana: cool game.

now the meddling, whines about the value of strats leads to creation of progressive down times and minuscule supplys for hq.  creating the most profound current paradigm concerning hq.

next, as would be expected, players find fun and skill in bombing and enjoy flying to the mecca of bomber targets, hq.  :aok

noe, the tactic used to this day in real life, causes defense of hq to be difficult, hq should have the defense to shed most bombers below 10k.

I guess hitech will address these issues in the next version.  putting maned guns at hq would allow a speedy defense to low altitude attacks.  detaching hq downtime from the city strat would limit the excessively long downtime to hq therefore lowering hqs value.  also, increasing the hardness of hq to a level that two formations are necessary would add targets to the scene and eliminate lone wolf attacks.  he could even eliminate the radar as the destruction reward.  with hope, i wish htc does not remove the ability to destroy a bombers worst enemy, radar, maybe a nice subtle compromise.  one where the carrot is still there but the stick is a little longer.  i remember days when hq was not a problem, it was a goal.  i surmise low numbers and a aging populace are to shoulder some of the blame also.  :salute 

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2015, 01:52:24 PM »
Way ahead of you.   :)

I made the thread to alert the proper authorities to the regression of the HQ kerfuffle.   If enough people voice their rational and totally legitimate displeasure on this matter,  HTC will resume the stopgap measures that diffused the situation a short time ago.

Personally, disabling the darbars for 1/3 of the players is not a good idea in the first place.   It does nothing to promote combat and is just a frustrating chore to resupply the HQ or play hide and seek, hoping to find combat in a combat game that you are paying for.

And we payed the same amount to take your HQ down..........Can't find fights, hey use the text buffer and ask your country where the action is....or is that beyond your talents?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2015, 02:14:15 PM »
If you'd stop fur balling and protect your HQ, we wouldn't be having this discussion, you guys are just lazy.

Why would a furballer want to? There are more potential targets at the front which are closer to a take-off field and at a lower altitude. It's really a factor of fun over time. Too much time spent in intercepting strat raiders for too little action.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
Hitech could get really naughty with radar. He cannot do any more to radar at the HQ than change down time to 1min and the current 125,000lb of bombs is the max setting. He could do the same for the radar bunker at the base of each radar tower. Along with that, change the radar ring diameter to it's gigantic max for each base. Then raise the NOE limit back to 250 or show everything everywhere.

When the HQ goes down, the condition of the City will effect how long it will take for the HQ to repair. Did anyone notice your bomber hero's making trips to your City before they put out your lights? Just protect and resupply your City. It's percentage down condition effects the time for the HQ. Or, maybe ask for the City to be changed from 180min down and .8438lbs to take buildings down in it.

At this point if the City cannot really be destroyed, you no longer really have strat to effect the over all condition of your country. And then Aces High becomes a furballer paradise and the few bomber pilots willing to up anymore find another game. Seems both sides of this argument is willing to kill the game to make themselves feel good if it means sticking it to the other guy is the result.

Back in the day we could afford arguments like this in these forums. Yes, these arguments caused players to cancel their accounts or to never subscribe in the first place. In the past this business and our community could weather it because of the greater numbers who enjoyed playing the game. Today, seems you guys are more concerned about garbage fights as usual versus. We don't have the numbers anymore to eat our own no matter how good it feels to drag someone to the hot place with you just to get that messy stinking hot tat for some perceived tit.

Our numbers are so low now, ain't nobody else here making this place into a newbies go away or else zone. You guys are eating your own no different than 10 years ago. You just had numbers to hide it behind.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2015, 03:18:17 PM »

^^^^^^^ Doesn't get it.  Must have skipped all the posts in this thread. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »
Wizz, let me try to understand you 100%.

Respectfully, are you saying you (and the 49'rs) will take HQ down even if it causes people to log off the game as a result [yes\no]?

Thanks.  :salute

Thanks for the posts.  To the brand new BBS users and old.

I'd really like Wizz to answer this so I am 100% clear in understanding him.  Thanks again.  :salute
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:31:04 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2015, 03:40:22 PM »
Best choice I ever made

Yep and any of the 49.  Nothing but drivel ladeled with misallocation of taktix.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »
Thanks for the posts.  To the brand new BBS users and old.

I'd really like Wizz to answer this so I am 100% clear in understanding him.  Thanks again.  :salute
I do not speak for or on behalf of the 49ers.

1. The only time I feel it is necessary to take out  an HQ is whenever I feel it is necessary.

2. If I attack HQ and that is a huge if 9/10 times its for revenge, defense, or to support an HQ mission regardless of who is attacking.

3. What will always stop me from attacking is how it wont benefit me. If I attack HQ someone will attack mine so its best to leave it alone.

4. I would much rather attack a city and AAA factory then take bases then attack the HQ any day of the week.

Most of you carry this entitled mentality that only makes you look like fools. It makes it that much sweeter of a target for others who are reading.

Call me the HQ boogie monster  :x
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2015, 04:23:33 PM »
Wizz I dont call you anything.   People all fly for their own reasons.    :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2015, 05:07:15 PM »

^^^^^^^ Doesn't get it.  Must have skipped all the posts in this thread.

HQ dies, furballers cry?

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2015, 06:44:30 PM »
Hitech could get really naughty with radar. He cannot do any more to radar at the HQ than change down time to 1min and the current 125,000lb of bombs is the max setting. He could do the same for the radar bunker at the base of each radar tower. Along with that, change the radar ring diameter to it's gigantic max for each base. Then raise the NOE limit back to 250 or show everything everywhere.

When the HQ goes down, the condition of the City will effect how long it will take for the HQ to repair. Did anyone notice your bomber hero's making trips to your City before they put out your lights? Just protect and resupply your City. It's percentage down condition effects the time for the HQ. Or, maybe ask for the City to be changed from 180min down and .8438lbs to take buildings down in it.

At this point if the City cannot really be destroyed, you no longer really have strat to effect the over all condition of your country. And then Aces High becomes a furballer paradise and the few bomber pilots willing to up anymore find another game. Seems both sides of this argument is willing to kill the game to make themselves feel good if it means sticking it to the other guy is the result.

Back in the day we could afford arguments like this in these forums. Yes, these arguments caused players to cancel their accounts or to never subscribe in the first place. In the past this business and our community could weather it because of the greater numbers who enjoyed playing the game. Today, seems you guys are more concerned about garbage fights as usual versus. We don't have the numbers anymore to eat our own no matter how good it feels to drag someone to the hot place with you just to get that messy stinking hot tat for some perceived tit.

Our numbers are so low now, ain't nobody else here making this place into a newbies go away or else zone. You guys are eating your own no different than 10 years ago. You just had numbers to hide it behind.

Your right buster.......not to telegraph our punches, if the City is down then the "Iron is hot to strike".  The thing to remember is.....When you don't care about your HQ, and your enemy does...........that's when your in real trouble.

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »

Flying around in circles all night around the HQ doesn't sound like a very fun night.  When we finally do find bombers,
they are usually at 35K...yippy.  :rolleyes:

Lazy?  Well if I were lazy I would probably just put my plane on autopilot and fly 8 sectors to get to the enemy HQ... :confused:

I like the edge of your seat action of when you fly into a group of red guys and see how many you can kill before they
even get a shot on you. If you die, you get a new plane and get right back in there. That is the opposite of lazy..  :D

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:48:48 PM by Pepprr »

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0