Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18318 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
I didnt mean the other games dont have cheesy tactics. Id actually assume those are worse elsewhere. I'm just saying I think the problem with this game is it has dated graphics. I don't mind but I'm  sure it turns off its share of players.

i find that most guys who complain about the graphics in this game actually have crappy computers and they expect miracles.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
Vodu, I don't think I've flown a spit9 this camp and I really REALLY doubt I would be the 4th in on you.. 90% of the time if I'm flying by I won't engage anyone w/ 2 friendlies on them.. The only exception is if they've shot me or tried really hard to shoot me..

The game is about fighting but the end result is to get kills.. yes..

Perception plays a big roll whether its a fight or a kill.. For instance.. I'm flying along in a p38 with abit of speed.. I see a high p39, maybe 4k above me, and figure wth.. I'll give it a go.. So I start climbing toward the p39.. The p39 sees me but does not nose down to merge with me, he does the easy kill move and pulls up to rope me.. So, I follow up to stall speed not catching him.. I hammer over as the p39 is now diving on me.. Good for him! hes smart! My smart move is to equalize E so I don't get roped again.. I do this.. P38 with out climb a p39.. I turn the tables and kill the p39.. 200 irrupts as Fugi is calling me a lamer for not fighting.. Go figure.. Perception is reality I guess..

Next time you're at a base like your g14 scenario.. My advice is not to climb over the base.. What works for me is to stay low to the deck and get as much speed as possible.. If you get engaged attempt to force an overshoot while maintaining a heading away from your base away from the other badguys.. In an area with a lot of badguys, mobility is key.. Once you confine yourself to one area you will be ganged.. Just keep pressing out until you get the number of badguys in a manageable number.. Kill them.. Climb abit and return to kill the others..

I think that just about sums this up.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2015, 09:34:58 PM »
Vodu, I don't think I've flown a spit9 this camp and I really REALLY doubt I would be the 4th in on you.. 90% of the time if I'm flying by I won't engage anyone w/ 2 friendlies on them.. The only exception is if they've shot me or tried really hard to shoot me..

The game is about fighting but the end result is to get kills.. yes..

Perception plays a big roll whether its a fight or a kill.. For instance.. I'm flying along in a p38 with abit of speed.. I see a high p39, maybe 4k above me, and figure wth.. I'll give it a go.. So I start climbing toward the p39.. The p39 sees me but does not nose down to merge with me, he does the easy kill move and pulls up to rope me.. So, I follow up to stall speed not catching him.. I hammer over as the p39 is now diving on me.. Good for him! hes smart! My smart move is to equalize E so I don't get roped again.. I do this.. P38 with out climb a p39.. I turn the tables and kill the p39.. 200 irrupts as Fugi is calling me a lamer for not fighting.. Go figure.. Perception is reality I guess..

Next time you're at a base like your g14 scenario.. My advice is not to climb over the base.. What works for me is to stay low to the deck and get as much speed as possible.. If you get engaged attempt to force an overshoot while maintaining a heading away from your base away from the other badguys.. In an area with a lot of badguys, mobility is key.. Once you confine yourself to one area you will be ganged.. Just keep pressing out until you get the number of badguys in a manageable number.. Kill them.. Climb a bit and return to kill the others..

LOL!!! The point I was trying to make to you was I was in a P39 (midwar, slow, poor turning, piece of crap) and average player and you were in a P38, (late war monster) and above average player, and you felt you needed to grab for almost 2 sectors to be able to win the fight. Having a few advantages over me wasn't enough you needed ALL of them. Thats what I mean you don't want to fight. you wanted all the advantages to be assured of the kill.

I'm not even an average player but I throw myself in to almost any fight. My squad/wingman always say "awww crap! there goes fugi again. Who else needs a wingman?" They know I'm all in. You, I guess feel your cartoon life is important and so can't enter a fight with out all the advantages. So no, you didn't want a fight, only another kill.

Vudo did say in his scenario that he tries to move out gaining speed, but has trouble doing so as he is jumped by a number of guys, you being the 4th one in.... another skilled move by the way. His point is "why be a forth guy in?" If the first 1 or 2 aren't enough you need to fly with better wingmen.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #228 on: December 31, 2015, 10:27:13 PM »
LOL!!! The point I was trying to make to you was I was in a P39 (midwar, slow, poor turning, piece of crap) and average player and you were in a P38, (late war monster) and above average player, and you felt you needed to grab for almost 2 sectors to be able to win the fight. Having a few advantages over me wasn't enough you needed ALL of them. Thats what I mean you don't want to fight. you wanted all the advantages to be assured of the kill.

I'm not even an average player but I throw myself in to almost any fight. My squad/wingman always say "awww crap! there goes fugi again. Who else needs a wingman?" They know I'm all in. You, I guess feel your cartoon life is important and so can't enter a fight with out all the advantages. So no, you didn't want a fight, only another kill.

Vudo did say in his scenario that he tries to move out gaining speed, but has trouble doing so as he is jumped by a number of guys, you being the 4th one in.... another skilled move by the way. His point is "why be a forth guy in?" If the first 1 or 2 aren't enough you need to fly with better wingmen.

LoL Fugi.. P38J a late war monster?  really? 2 sectors? wow man.. IF you can fly 2 sectors in about 90secs.. ok then..

I engaged you from well below your alt.. all the advantages?  really?

No, he said he was getting as much E as he could.. Stop making stuff up Fugi.. He is remembering incorrectly as I was not a spit9 4th in on him..

Edit: I have 0 kills in a spit9 and most the kills i have in a spit are from the last 4days..
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:29:30 PM by kappa »
- TWBYDHAS

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2015, 11:39:17 PM »
Vuduvee, these people you say that are ganging/vulch's the end of the runway are Suppressing people while the town is being taken and captured, being vulched or ganged at the end of the runway CAN be prevented Simply by not upping there and up from the closest airfield to that one. This scenero only affects people trying to up from a base being taken.
Nope, see plenty of de-acked"vulch lamp lit" by three or four guys with no effort on town at all.
So... in order to get any kind of fight people struggle off the runway trying to get enough alt to offer a decent flight or up from another field fly 10 minutes to runtards. These guys ruin it for a several and even have heard on 200, did just to pi$$ you off
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: December 31, 2015, 11:50:07 PM »
Nope, see plenty of de-acked"vulch lamp lit" by three or four guys with no effort on town at all.
So... in order to get any kind of fight people struggle off the runway trying to get enough alt to offer a decent flight or up from another field fly 10 minutes to runtards. These guys ruin it for a several and even have heard on 200, did just to pi$$ you off

Noo,

See you fly low on the deck in a 109, ki84, spit, Nik, and run them out, then when they get close you do a BRD on em and pop ones wing off. Drag them out and then do defensive tricks to counterpunch them. There is an art to the defensive flying.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion