Author Topic: Good Bye AH  (Read 21543 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Re: Good Bye AH
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2019, 11:17:15 AM »
Here is a screen shot from the 29th. Yellow is Bish, Purple are Knights, and Green are Rooks. COunt the bases that the Rooks have. Sure looks like we were ganging the Bish there. Knights needed 3 or 4 bases to win the map and they wouldnt attack the Bish. Bish on the other hand would grab a Knit base now and then.

(Image removed from quote.)
Not doubting. The game play is so bad now. I’ve logged on a few times in the last weeks for a hour or so. But fighting 5 at a time gets tiring or chasing late war speed monsters in a 20 eny plane is boring. Great game just very bad game play but seems to be the sentiment of many years passed and no change seen for the future.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2019, 11:21:09 AM »

There is one other option.
Everyone leave the country being ganged and go to the two countries not being ganged.
Attacking totally empty space does get boring after a while.

Since I am unable to play at the moment I have no idea what map is up. But I do know one thing. The larger maps while an asset when there were much more number paying are now a detriment to game play. Makes it hard to not fight when space is limited and there is no place else to go. Maps in rotation should perhaps be mandated by the numbers on. The larger the average player base. The larger the maps.
Hypothetically speaking. if there were only 9 players that played the game. Would you really want or need a 50 base map?

Map size sure doesnt help the situation. Most of the new maps are medium sized maps, the large maps are gone.....for the moment.

Game play has really hurt the game these days. Players seem to concentrate on grabbing bases as quick as they can with as little opposition as possible. Start defending and they disappear. The screen shot I posted had 120 players against 40 players. I asked "why" the Knights , who had 35% of Rook fields already and got a few stupid answers about how they were getting ganged yesterday so it was our turn.

HTC should add something that forces a team to switch from team to team on their attacks. For every 2 bases they grab from team A, they must take at least one from team B.

As for the uber dweebs who do nothing but pick players that are fighting.... I wish there was something that could be done. Too many ponys, temps, F4U4, 152, D9 and such screaming in at 400 to pick guys FIGHTING it out. How long is a new guy never mind a vet going to want to play with that crap going on? I would think most players are looking for "action" and these pickers take away any chance of that. Sure you could join the team and climb to 20K+ and hover over a fight to pick only when you are never in danger of having someone fight back. Soon we will all be circling at 30K waiting for one guy to get too low..... like 20K and pick them. Sounds fun right?

WIth HTC working on their new game I dont see much happening in AH. Only time will tell.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: January 01, 2019, 11:27:37 AM »
Map size sure doesnt help the situation. Most of the new maps are medium sized maps, the large maps are gone.....for the moment.

Game play has really hurt the game these days. Players seem to concentrate on grabbing bases as quick as they can with as little opposition as possible. Start defending and they disappear. The screen shot I posted had 120 players against 40 players. I asked "why" the Knights , who had 35% of Rook fields already and got a few stupid answers about how they were getting ganged yesterday so it was our turn.

HTC should add something that forces a team to switch from team to team on their attacks. For every 2 bases they grab from team A, they must take at least one from team B.

As for the uber dweebs who do nothing but pick players that are fighting.... I wish there was something that could be done. Too many ponys, temps, F4U4, 152, D9 and such screaming in at 400 to pick guys FIGHTING it out. How long is a new guy never mind a vet going to want to play with that crap going on? I would think most players are looking for "action" and these pickers take away any chance of that. Sure you could join the team and climb to 20K+ and hover over a fight to pick only when you are never in danger of having someone fight back. Soon we will all be circling at 30K waiting for one guy to get too low..... like 20K and pick them. Sounds fun right?

WIth HTC working on their new game I dont see much happening in AH. Only time will tell.
I hope the new game is geared towards fighting with no hiding spots like ack. I’m pretty burned out on the MA. And obviously a few others are as well.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: January 01, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
Not doubting. The game play is so bad now. I’ve logged on a few times in the last weeks for a hour or so. But fighting 5 at a time gets tiring or chasing late war speed monsters in a 20 eny plane is boring. Great game just very bad game play but seems to be the sentiment of many years passed and no change seen for the future.

funny, almost every time I see you.  you are the one in a spit 16 at 20k with 4 or 5 friends. your gameplay is exactly what you accuse others of.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: January 01, 2019, 11:45:04 AM »
Flippz you should try a greater variety of planes to mix it up. The spit16 out turns 90% of planes so 9/10 times people will be reluctant to engage without an altitude or numerical advantage.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: January 01, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
funny, almost every time I see you.  you are the one in a spit 16 at 20k with 4 or 5 friends. your gameplay is exactly what you accuse others of.

semp
What ever semp. Quit trolling with your “bad” back.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #171 on: January 01, 2019, 11:55:46 AM »
Flippz you should try a greater variety of planes to mix it up. The spit16 out turns 90% of planes so 9/10 times people will be reluctant to engage without an altitude or numerical advantage.

Funny. What should I try?  190 and 51 so I can run?  Even spits las and niks run until they have numbers. Like I said it’s the game play now a days. And the unfortunate parts are when you run into some one that will fight you still can’t fight because of all the hang around in a fight. Like when you run into teckwreck or the Stig those guys fight but after about the third turn one of the two us has a “helper” wether we tell them to stay out or not.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: January 01, 2019, 12:02:25 PM »
Or you can catch the 51 and then force him to turn.
 Unfortunately there aren't many people interested in the DA. I'm glad we got a few fights in the other day. Yesterday I could only get 1 person (owl) to join me in the DA and TA57x and I had some good 1v1s (mostly the MA.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2019, 12:55:03 PM »
What ever semp. Quit trolling with your “bad” back.

dude, look at the number of kills you have this month and last month.  more than the average player.  and you complain that everyone is running from you? how do you get kills if they do?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: January 01, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
I always laugh at the folks who stick their foot in their mouth and look so silly.

Simply fixed by reading the thread dates.   :noid
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2019, 02:44:12 PM »
Holy time warp Batman
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 04:12:44 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2019, 04:02:46 PM »
dude, look at the number of kills you have this month and last month.  more than the average player.  and you complain that everyone is running from you? how do you get kills if they do?

semp
Well I get to play a lot more than the average player. And I didn’t say they all got away. You do t have to be the fastest, just faster than the slowest. Wink. Oh my back my back

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
I always laugh at the folks who stick their foot in their mouth and look so silly.

Simply fixed by reading the thread dates.   :noid
I noticed the dates. Just commented as how fluent is to date. And how the game is not gonna change. Like I said there have been a few that has verbally left the game in the last few weeks and a few that has quietly left.  O foot in my mouth

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2019, 02:30:41 AM »
I do not understand why the powers that be ignore the people who feed their mouths.   :bolt:
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2019, 05:57:40 AM »
I do not understand why the powers that be ignore the people who feed their mouths.   :bolt:
I recon people who feed their mouths contradict with each other all the time and they do no turn to HTC to give or ask thorough information, but just yell and cause a ruckus in the forum or ch 200 hoping to change other people idk. People want MA to be more realistic, people want MA to be more arcade, people expect 1v1 in MA, people use MA to fly as a team and practice teamworking skills for special events etc. MA seems to be an open environment where imagination is the limit for people playing the game for different reasons, but every person who is egocentric enough, wants to change it according to their exact liking.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W