Author Topic: Resupply of Towns in the MA.  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Resupply of Towns in the MA.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 11:04:05 AM »
I'd rather lose the map than sit in a truck and dodge trees.

To each his own. You won't catch me in a resupply truck.

I'm glad you guys can convince yourselves that something so boring is fun. I wish I had that skill, it would come in handy at work.

Lol... nailed it!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »
I ask that a conversation begin on eliminating the town resupply rule.
Leave the supply system as it is.

Not the OP, but most of the fight advocates in this thread mistake score for talent. Try staying low and shooting the truck drivers. You might even encourage uppers that are tired of being picked.

While I'm whining ... will the 190 guys just stop stick stirring?  :bolt:

This game is fine as it is. Resupply is not exciting. Neither is vulching, picking or hiding in the ack. I've done them all. All part of the game.  :banana:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
I have gotten as many as three plane kills while supplying with an m3.  I either get them with the fifty or they arguered.  I have arguered too trying to stop a fast moving M3.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 01:47:56 PM »
I realize that I am rather on the blunt side, but oh well.....this is just another whine from those who have been recently stymied in base takes by some good defense and resupply efforts. They are frustrated, and have resorted to other tactics, while not illegal have absolutely, IMHO, violated the spirit of the game. Even that has not worked, and the offending player regularly gets his 6 checked. The bish for the last few maps have been kept at 80% or below of their own bases, and have had their attempts at base takes halted relatively regularly. Until this happened, the idea of stopping resupply has not surfaced in the threads very much.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 02:19:48 PM »
I realize that I am rather on the blunt side, but oh well.....this is just another whine from those who have been recently stymied in base takes by some good defense and resupply efforts. They are frustrated, and have resorted to other tactics, while not illegal have absolutely, IMHO, violated the spirit of the game. Even that has not worked, and the offending player regularly gets his 6 checked. The bish for the last few maps have been kept at 80% or below of their own bases, and have had their attempts at base takes halted relatively regularly. Until this happened, the idea of stopping resupply has not surfaced in the threads very much.
truth +1 :cheers:
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »
I don't know how to fly. I came to Aces High to drive GVs. I am special.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 03:45:00 PM »

Well Copprhed your way off mark in this response, I am AM bish and I say keep it the way it is. This isn't some "bish maneuver" so we can win more maps. Anyone that thinks that is, just ignorant, drunk or smoking weed. No offense intended.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline tunes

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 04:12:00 PM »
Hey there ...

Just another point of interest since we have interested followers on this thread
that have taken the time to explain their points of view. For which I thank you for.

As a Pilot in a Squadron. How often do you only fly with your Squadron compared to flying
on squad night.

How much time do you plain on flying on each of these occasion's.

Do you fly special events? Which ones.

Does your squadron practice hard assignments in a custom Arena?

Just to show that I have an honest interest in these questions as to see what others do.

I fly LCA Squad Night Thursday.8:00pm to 11:00 - 11:30 or so. Organized Base Taking.

I also try to come on Tuesday for a fun fly. Try different fighting, aircraft, and tactics.
Try to Rally the Rooks into something organized.

Maybe Strat runs to Help out the Country if needed.
Help out another Squad's attack if I can.

Fly FSO.  tune up with Squaddies in assigned Aircraft and Sorties on Friday.
If need be. Make a Custom Arena to focus on something like a trop run if that is the FSO assignment.

Fly All Scenarios.

And the Last Question. Do Pilot Rating or Scoring mean a lot or a little.
For me, a little. Don't know. I am in it for the fun and comradely factor.

Thank you for anyone to give a snapshot of the type of Pilot you are. What keeps you coming back.

Last of my thread. I hope it brought out some information on the forum, Flying and Fighting.
 :salute  Pilots of AHII. See you in the Sky. Have Fun out there.

tunes over and out. ....  :airplane:  ....  :airplane: .... :airplane: .... :airplane:     :joystick:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:21:27 PM by tunes »
LCA Squadron

Realize Your Potential www.lcasquadron.org

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »
Great questions and I will start it off:

1. I just started my own squad so too early to tell whether it will remain just me :rofl or will grow. In times past when apart of other squads always tried to attend squad night. I will normally fly all the time with the squad.

2. Regardless of the occasion I normally plan on playing no less than 3 hours.

3. I have participated in last years 12 hour scenario playing the full 12 hours non-stop and will try to participate in the upcoming scenario for at least 1 frame if I can get a day off.

4. The only squad that practiced hard assignments was the Devil Dogs under dogfite's command. No other squadron has practiced under what i consider hard assignments. With that said flying under vDallas's command was both as stressful and rewarding as any practice. The verbal abuse when you blew an assignment was enough motivation to train yourself before asking for another assignment.

Whether flying with the squad or by myself I always play to benefit the country I fly for. Strat runs, resupply of towns, takig bases both by myself or with teamates(+100 last month in less than 2 weeks), shutting bases down, porking ords or troops, and the list goes on.

Finally score means absolutely nothing to me. I find that if I focus on score my play must always be selfish and that greatly limits my ability to support the "team".

:salute

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:34:43 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »
Hey there ...

tunes over and out. ....  :airplane:  ....  :airplane: .... :airplane: .... :airplane:     :joystick:
As a Pilot in a Squadron. How often do you only fly with your Squadron compared to flying
on squad night.

Never with a full squad. Occasionally with a couple of sqaddies..

Not possible to plan.

FSO. Religiously.

Never.

I don't know how to fly. I came to Aces High to drive GVs. I am special.
We're not flying. We're playing a game. A fine simulation of flight which is still just a game.

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 05:18:06 PM »
Hey there ...

Just another point of interest since we have interested followers on this thread
that have taken the time to explain their points of view. For which I thank you for.

on squad night.

Just to show that I have an honest interest in these questions as to see what others do.

I fly LCA Squad Night Thursday.8:00pm to 11:00 - 11:30 or so. Organized Base Taking.

I also try to come on Tuesday for a fun fly. Try different fighting, aircraft, and tactics.
Try to Rally the Rooks into something organized.

Maybe Strat runs to Help out the Country if needed.
Help out another Squad's attack if I can.

Fly FSO.  tune up with Squaddies in assigned Aircraft and Sorties on Friday.
If need be. Make a Custom Arena to focus on something like a trop run if that is the FSO assignment.

Fly All Scenarios.

And the Last Question. Do Pilot Rating or Scoring mean a lot or a little.
For me, a little. Don't know. I am in it for the fun and comradely factor.

Thank you for anyone to give a snapshot of the type of Pilot you are. What keeps you coming back.

Last of my thread. I hope it brought out some information on the forum, Flying and Fighting.

The 80th keeps the squad small. We like to be about 12 strong. Our squad enjoys flying together to just have fun. There are no "Squad Nights" as we fly together when we find each other on. We may look to start fights or help where our side needs help. We are fight driven and not base take driven. We may even switch to the low number side to find fights.

While the 80ths main ride is the 38, you may find some of us in most anything. The base idea in the 80th is to have fun. Score holds no position in our squad.

Just good folks to hang out with in Aces High.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 11:06:53 AM »
The base idea in the 80th is to have fun.

They're also some of the greatest and fun loving sticks in AH. One of the best nights I
ever had in Aces High was jumping over for a "visit" to the Knights and flying with
the 80th one evening. Silat was flyin' back then, too. I don't think I ever laughed
so hard in all my life!
 Big salute to the 80th!

Regards, Odd

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 11:19:25 AM »
I'd like to see ALL object resupplying done away with.

No matter how you slice it, it takes players out of the real fight.

It's boring as hell too.
I always enjoyed running supplies in the C-47, to bases and GVers. If it's something that people want to do and are willing to do and enjoy doing it, why take it away? Someone running suppl may take away from your experience, but you can just as easily take away from theirs. Every PvP game comes with tradeoffs, and I think that this is a very fair one.

Just because you take away the ability for someone to do something doesn't mean they'll just jump into the furball for you instead.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2016, 11:43:37 AM »
I'm glad you enjoy driving resupply trucks and planes.

This is a ww2 game. Let's get cooks, janitors, and carpenters in ah too then.

Like supply truck and plane drivers, those were part of war too right?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2016, 01:10:37 PM »
Just yesterday, our Rook boys were trying to get troops in at the port near V85.  Just as the troops entered tthe map room an LVT sneaked in and dropped supplies.  We all squeaked at the bad luck but we all new that red guy gambled on a long trip and won.  Good for the red guy in the LVT.

Made us work harder,  and more together for the final capture.