Author Topic: Patch 91  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
Re: Patch 91
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2016, 05:37:23 PM »
Is anyone else noticing a frame rate hit when firing guns that they didn't experience before? I am going from 59-60 fps (v sync) to low 30s (32-33 fps) when there are tracers in the air.

*edit* after closing and restarting the game I am no longer experiencing a frame hit. It's pegged at the refresh rate now!  :aok
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:46:19 PM by Stratocaster »
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2016, 05:55:30 PM »
I'm really glad AH3 is gonna become beta. :)
New sound system is excellent...I love it.  :aok

But the custom sound seems not working well.
Can you please give me information on the new sound list?

Thanks,
Mitsu.

P.S.
I still remember that I have played AH1 open beta in 1999.
Wow...What a legendary game! :salute

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2016, 06:33:01 PM »
How long would it take sound to reach you after you saw a flash?

HiTech

HiTech,

You are starting to "sound" like my Physics professor.   :confused:  Speed of light = C (shall I say in a blink of an eye).

The speed of light in vacuum, commonly denoted c, is a universal physical constant important in many areas of physics. Its precise value is 299792458 metres per second (approximately 3.00×10⁸ m/s),

Sound travels through air at about 340 meters per second.  So multiply # of seconds between the flash and the sound and you should have the distance the sound traveled.  680 meters or about 2231 feet.  That is at least 2 - 3 times the distance that I estimated*  [edited for math errors in original calculation]

Since it was mostly a gut reaction from both 715b and I that the delay was intentional, but prolonged, I wish to rephrase my question, "Is it possible that there is lag in the playback of sounds?"  I am now entirely out of my depth with issues causing lag in playback, only fishing in hopes to be useful in catching bugs.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:01:01 PM by Chilli »

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »
I assumed it was intentional (the speed of sound is pretty slow, ~5 sec per mile, and easily experienced, i.e. lightning vs thunder).  However, since I had no idea how to estimate how far away my shell was impacting, I didn't really think the delay was wrong per se.  I was more concerned I didn't hear anything sometimes when you did, and visa versa. 

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2016, 10:06:24 PM »
I found a CTD scenario when you change the max texture value in video settings.

1.  Launch the game and go offline
2.  Quit the game
3.  Click Video settings
4.  Change the max texture size.

It crashed going from 4096 to 2048, when changing from 2048 to 4096, when changing from 4096 to 1024, and when changing from 1024 back to 4096.

I was able to duplicate 4 or 5 times.  Screen shot of my video settings and logs are attached.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2016, 02:46:30 AM »
I assumed it was intentional (the speed of sound is pretty slow, ~5 sec per mile, and easily experienced, i.e. lightning vs thunder).  However, since I had no idea how to estimate how far away my shell was impacting, I didn't really think the delay was wrong per se.  I was more concerned I didn't hear anything sometimes when you did, and visa versa.

I did further observations.  In flying missions, you (actually I) saw the plane explode just beneath you on the deck, and then there was a 2 second gap between the time of explosion and the time of the sound.  Since the film viewer doesn't playback any sound  :headscratch:  I could not verify it, however was easily duplicated since the AI fly along the deck and through the trees, giving me a few opportunities to observe nearby explosions.

Edit:  filmviewer did not give me range (= 0 for all aircraft) unable to review even the flash :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:26:00 AM by Chilli »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2016, 11:19:37 AM »
Hitech,

Ran build again just now after touching up some terrain painting. On my PC right now, this version of "gunnery.res", no vehicle of any kind at any spawn will get out of 1st gear.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
Hitech,

Ran build again just now after touching up some terrain painting. On my PC right now, this version of "gunnery.res", no vehicle of any kind at any spawn will get out of 1st gear.

I only tried 2 vehicles both worked all points.

Buster do you have trouble with any other terrains?

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2016, 11:40:46 AM »
The last time it happened it carried through to all terrains. I just now entered the bridge of a CV then went back to A1. I can get out of first gear in vehicles again. This only happens after running build on this terrain. But, until I get it cleared up with running build again or jumping onto a CV just now, it carries over to other terrains offline and online.

Simply exiting out and coming back in has never cleared it. Once it clears, everything is fine until I induce it by running build again. Not every run of build results with it and most times a second run of build clears it. I was just looking around the CV and decided to try spawning again after I went back to A1.

Have I built the terrain incorrectly or broken some rule about the numbers of ravines that can be supported in a small area on the map??
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2016, 12:01:38 PM »
Next time it happens, unplug your JS. See if it starts working.

HiTech

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:41 PM »
Tried Waffle terrain offline.  Alpha crashed.  I tried a couple of other terrains offline and they worked fine.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »
Hitech,

No issue here with GV's shifting.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »
After disconnecting all of my USB controllers and pulling my PS2 keyboard to install a USB keyboard. The inability to accelerate past 1st gear even followed me back to AH2 offline while testing today. The "W" key was not being fully picked up by either version of the game. This issue was intermittent even with my AMD 6770 card starting about patch 70 with getting GV's out of first gear.

The only change to the PC was the installation of an NVIDIA GTX 760. The common factor with both is I use an HDMI cable to connect to my 24" HDTV\LCD Monitor. With both cards the HD Audio has managed to reinstall itself and get re-enabled at least twice with the AMD card and now once with the NVIDIA card. I found 6 generic hi definition audio devices installed. One successful device install with 5 in a questionable state. About the number of times I had to run the build specifically to clear the 1st gear problem.

I am truly Sorry Hitech that I've wasted your time over this.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2016, 06:46:08 PM »
patch 91 and 90.  engine sound in the cockpit does not seem to be centered forward. looking right/forward the sound gets louder than looking forward.  looking right the sound is still loud. looking left/forward the sound is slightly dull. looking left the sound is dull.  It seems to me the engine sound is centered to the left forward view.

I have two speakers and i think capable of stereo.  also, would any settings cause this issue?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2016, 03:23:22 AM »
patch 91 and 90.  engine sound in the cockpit does not seem to be centered forward. looking right/forward the sound gets louder than looking forward.  looking right the sound is still loud. looking left/forward the sound is slightly dull. looking left the sound is dull.  It seems to me the engine sound is centered to the left forward view.

I have two speakers and i think capable of stereo.  also, would any settings cause this issue?

"Sound" familiar?   :bolt:

Firing 50 cal gun on jeep while turning head produces a reduction in sound but no directional sound as expected.  Sound acted as if it were mono instead of stereo.

Bustr,

I also have Nvidia GTX video cards and periodically have that stuck in the mud problem.  You may not have wasted time at all (at least in my case, you give me hope to find a remedy).  It may very well be conflict with some hidden Nvidia coad, as I recall the "Nvidia Experience" bloatware is loaded every time that I update my driver, and no matter if I do custom install to avoid this.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:31:18 AM by Chilli »