Author Topic: Perspective in tempest  (Read 384 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Perspective in tempest
« on: January 16, 2016, 02:33:31 PM »
I am unable to get the proper perspective for pilot in the tempest for gun sight.  Moving back or up or down doesn't seem to have an affect.  In the typhoon it appears to be normal.

Engine noise in the typhoon doesn't correspond with throttle position.
AkCaine

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Perspective in tempest
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 02:49:24 PM »
Hit the home key then F10 next time you're in the cockpit.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 05:46:56 PM »
I am unable to get the proper perspective for pilot in the tempest for gun sight.  Moving back or up or down doesn't seem to have an affect.  In the typhoon it appears to be normal.

Engine noise in the typhoon doesn't correspond with throttle position.

Try adjusting FOV in opening page graphics. I think default is 74...I use 106
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »
OK it's resolved, it took a little work but it wasn't a big deal.  Part of the problem was the default gun site.

I am running the triple screen set up and it seems to work fine.  I've noticed a small drop in frame rate and other than that everything seems good.  I did reduce like texture size to 1024

I  find the fluorescent green slightly sickening.  In the practice arena.  If

I have flown in aircraft with a bubble canopy and I never saw all those scratches.  Is there any way for me to eliminate that?
AkCaine

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 05:00:19 PM »
What was wrong with the default gunsight??
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
Was just a single dot  :old:
AkCaine

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 12:39:33 AM »
The Tempest was shipped with a Type I MK III Beamont Modification gunsight. S/Ldr. R.P. Beamont commanded a Typhoon squadron. They found with the old MKIIL gunsight that the orange glow glare of the large ring and dot made it near impossible to see targets on the ground when making rocket runs. So Beamont taped off the ring leaving only the dot. This allowed the ability to see ground targets.

RAF material command created the type I MK III based on this for the Tempest with a ring to move the single dot reticle forward and back to account for rocket drop or 20mm centered at 250-300yds. This was projected on the inside of the windscreen for the best visibility.

The Tempest and later Typhoon at the end of the war were the only allied aircraft to be equipped with the "Dot of Death". The Type I MK III had no range and wingspan dials like you see in the Typhoon. Just an elevation adjustment Ring. If you have set your FoV to 106 then the dot will be very tiny. If you zoom in to make the width of the Tempest gunsight tan rectangular bumper 5 inches wide, then the dot will be a proper 6Mil in diameter or what you would see in real life.

I made all of these gunsights historically correct down to the Mil parameters from each military specs, then converted that to Hitech world Mil units of 2pixel = 1Mil. You are always free to put any gunsight you want in any plane.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.