Author Topic: Frame Rates  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: Frame Rates
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 01:18:22 AM »
I realized that from the timestamp on your post, no worries.

I'm going to try out Win10's ability to record games and put up a vid comparing FPS with the beta between 4 different systems once I'm back home, when I can run it on our other 2 systems there.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 05:27:58 AM »
Running 30 or under also with settings reduced to almost minimum and eye candy turned off.

That is about right.  The 260 is about 30% slower than HiTech's GTX660 in his box. 

One thing I found curious is Windows 10 using up nearly 200MB of the video card's dedicated RAM.  That is quite a chunk of memory lost to applications.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Borgoo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.andreasalvi.com
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 07:06:58 AM »
Hi All
ive a Nvidia GT620, 4GB RAM,  i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, and Win 10

at office

at home a better CPU (i5) and a better videocard that i dont rember

whit both pc ive a frame rate of 15 (!!) whit all down

Both run War Thunder really well (expecially the one at home) and at home it run "Star Wars Battlefront (2015)" whit the default settings whit no problem

im not really a computer technician
any suggestion?  :pray
thx!
Andrea "Borgoo" Salvi
~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 08:35:51 AM »
Hi All

at office

Both run War Thunder really well (expecially the one at home) and at home it run "Star Wars Battlefront (2015)" whit the default settings whit no problem

thx!

You will need to make some adjustments to the default settings of the Beta to get better performance.  Remember, this is a BETA.

1)  In "Video Settings" set the "Maximum Texture Size" to 1024.
2)  In the Options->Graphic Detail panel.  Check the various options to "disable" things and with the Ctrl-I information displayed, watch the frame rates.  Adjust to what performance you like.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Borgoo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »
You will need to make some adjustments to the default settings of the Beta to get better performance.  Remember, this is a BETA.

1)  In "Video Settings" set the "Maximum Texture Size" to 1024.
2)  In the Options->Graphic Detail panel.  Check the various options to "disable" things and with the Ctrl-I information displayed, watch the frame rates.  Adjust to what performance you like.

Thx for the fast response

1) already set it at 1024  :salute

2) ive already done it, but the frame rate go from 8 to 15

Thx i know that is a BETA, and sorry for my blame, but im really scared  :D

Waiting for the new release  :salute
Andrea "Borgoo" Salvi
~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »
Hi All

at office

thx!

Is your GT 620 in a laptop?

GT 620
DDR3 - 1024
Data Paths - 64bit
Band Width - 14.4 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 96

GTX 9800
GDDR3 - 512M
Data Paths - 256bit
Band Width - 70.4 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 128
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 08:03:18 PM »
That is about right.  The 260 is about 30% slower than HiTech's GTX660 in his box. 

One thing I found curious is Windows 10 using up nearly 200MB of the video card's dedicated RAM.  That is quite a chunk of memory lost to applications.

I just upgraded last week and have hardly done anything other than just let it run.  I looked through my DX several times and still don't see where you saw that.  :huh 

I was streaming music through Winamp during the DX and prolly had 8 windows in Firefox open but would that effect the outcome?
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline kance96

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »
I am running on a laptop HP envy dv6 - when I run in standard mode (win 8), frame rates are problematic, when I choose to run with the graphics card, I get about 30 -50 fps, depending on what I have enabled/disabled.

Using the Nvidia clocking and tuning, you can get higher frame rates however, clocking higher than your display sync may not actually buy you any performance improvements.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 11:16:14 PM »
All you will really achieve with clocking is heating up your card and hitting the thermal limit with this graphics engine. I tried to improve my 6770 FPS that way and got about 3-4 FPS and thermal shutdowns. You need to improve the physical size of your data path ways have have stable high band width. Data paths, Band width and shaders are crucial.

This is what matters:

GDDR5 ram
Data Paths - 128bit or higher
Band Width - 80 Gbyte\sec and higher.
Shaders - 800 and higher

Below this and you will probably have to run in 512 mode with everything turned off. I tested with a video card with those specs for 18 months. Some places I could run in 1024 mode with the defaults. The rest in 1024 mode with post lighting turned off. I OC'd and got up to 85 Gbyte\sec for only 3-4 FPS and hitting the thermal shutdown limit constantly.

There are PC and laptop graphics cards out there from high end gaming series that are the lesser children of the big names. A number of players have purchased these for the lower price and run into the problem that they only have 64bit or 128bit data paths and very low band width. Some of them play other popular games fine but, AH3 is unique in many ways that requires processing much more data than those games by simply looking out 40 mile across the horizon. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 12:17:39 AM »
OR, . . .

You could have a system that may actually benefit from overclocking and still not use it. The Beta is running better than previous Alpha versions where I was getting only 45fps. Bear in mind I use a true 4k monitor and SLI. That would be the same SLI which everyone claims will not work here, yet somehow works for me. When I overclock the GPUs with MSI afterburner I push the Core Clock up by 250Mhz and the Memory Clock by 449Mhz while pushing the Power Limit up to 125% and linked with the Temp. Limit. I use a custom fan profile so that anything above 45C the fan runs at 80% and anything over 60C the fans are at 100%. With that setting my fps will go to 60fps and stay there.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 02:13:05 AM »
Bustr, what is your source for the specs? I tried to compare my Radeon HD 6970 with the requirements you gave but couldn't find other than the GDDR5 and Band Width if that means memory bandwidth. I couldn't find the rest neither from AMD specs site nor Wikipedia nor the box/booklet. Is it a matter of different terms or are they hidden somewhere for qualified experts only?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Borgoo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 04:58:44 AM »
Is your GT 620 in a laptop?

GT 620
DDR3 - 1024
Data Paths - 64bit
Band Width - 14.4 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 96

GTX 9800
GDDR3 - 512M
Data Paths - 256bit
Band Width - 70.4 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 128

no, its in a normal tower
now im installing the beta in my other pc at home, whit i5-3330 cpu @ 3GHZ, win 10 64bit, 8 GB ram
let see what happen! :salute
Andrea "Borgoo" Salvi
~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »
I am guessing you are just guessing. :bhead

im guessing we will lose at least 50% of long time players.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 06:40:30 PM »
 :lol Peanut is one of those "the glass is half empty" kind of guys. :joystick:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76