Author Topic: having a small problem  (Read 895 times)

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
having a small problem
« on: January 17, 2016, 08:29:02 AM »
I downloaded every available soundpack and have tried to install them into the new beta. I am still hearing the default sounds even though I have placed the new soundpack into the settings folder. Then I tried placing the soundpack into the sounds folder and still getting default sounds. Does anyone have a tip on what I am doing wrong.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: having a small problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »
I downloaded every available soundpack and have tried to install them into the new beta. I am still hearing the default sounds even though I have placed the new soundpack into the settings folder. Then I tried placing the soundpack into the sounds folder and still getting default sounds. Does anyone have a tip on what I am doing wrong.
i don't think you can do that yet
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 09:27:09 AM »
AH3 uses a new type of sound system & all the soundpacks will have to be updated/changed to work with the new system.  LOTS of work, but we should be able to pull off some pretty spectacular things once we learn the new system.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:02:29 PM »
It's not even clear yet that the way the original packs are made will work the same, or have to be compiled into a library with FMOD. Probably they will, but until HTC releases their sound builders kit we won't know.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 06:08:56 AM »
None of the custom sound packs will work with the Beta (AHIII).  AHII uses a completely new sound system which has hundreds of features the old system did not have.

When the time is right, a kit will be released which will explain and help custom sound pack designers build new custom sound packs.  The new sound system has a staggering number of new features and controls available.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com