Author Topic: graphics  (Read 596 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
graphics
« on: January 18, 2016, 03:22:59 AM »
I am running a great system, or thought it was. I have seen a lot of screen shots from the beta. Question is, how are they getting such bright and colorful images? Is there something I need to change in my graphics card controls, or are they running a shade program like sweetfx? I tried running most terrains and they all seem the same and not being a computer expert I have hit a wall! :bhead                     
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:37:17 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: graphics
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 03:46:18 AM »
I sort of noticed the same thing with screenshots.  Sweetfx is very cool, but I don't believe that is what we are seeing or necessary.

Suggestions: 
Option1_ Type .sliders in the game while clipboard is up.  This brings up additional controls for the plane skins (std shape), terrain, and trees.  They will be the bottom 3 sliders, and the only ones functioning in this manner in beta.  Lower numbers on the slider scale are darker.  Also, use the gamma slider under graphics details menu.

Option 2_ Use your graphics card's control panel and look for settings (sliders or curves) for colors, saturation, contrast, brightness, gamma, sharpness, etc. 

Option 3_ Use your monitor's control panel to adjust settings (same as above)

Lastly, I have found that a slight adjustment in hue from my video card has done a lot to "pop" colors more (I was surprised).

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:43:22 AM »
My graphics settings are at the very default, I don't even have the graphics control panel installed. Also the game settings are set to default. However I can't say my screenshots were any worse than those of any other. There's one huge difference, though: Some people are better photographers than other. They wait for the perfect lighting and choose the perfect angle and cropping. That applies to screenshots, too. My screenshots (and photos) serve well as documents, some other people illustrate dreams.

I understand that your game looks a lot like mine: A little dull, ordinary... Compare the tourist brochure of your hometown to your everyday experience. Two entirely different places, aren't they!?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 01:03:50 PM »
your video card is a bit on the slow side.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »
Hitech can make many changes between now and go live day. For the last 18months he has made countless changes with out warning the testing team. That is up to him.

Right now this is why you are not getting what you wish you could. You are describing my experience with graphics until I received a GTX 760 this Christmas. Over clocking will not help, I OC'd mine up to 85 Gbyte\sec and it didn't help other than over heat shut downs. It is the the combination of the three highlighted specs. When they doubled with my 760, so did my game graphics experience.

GeForce GTX 750
GDDR5 - 4096
Data Paths - 128bitit
Band Width - 80.16 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 512

The two cards I've used for the alpha are below. The HD6770 I used for the first 18months. The best mode was 1024 and I had to turn off post processing to get 40-60 FPS in a bomber mission with 60 bombers. Otherwise when I attacked them with post processing on, 7-14 FPS.

AMD HD6770 SC
GDDR5 - 1G
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 80Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 800

Geforce GTX 760
GDDR5 - 2048
Data Paths - 256bit
Band Width - 192 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 1152
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »
For the record, I have SweetFx 2.0 running on Beta.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76