Author Topic: Aircraft flight model  (Read 537 times)

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
Aircraft flight model
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:36:40 AM »
The aircraft seem to tip-stall a lot more than old AH. I understand the quest for realism and the fact that aircraft with wing tanks (higher wing loading) should tip stall sooner than aircraft without but, the effect seems to go across the board. This was a problem in another online game that I won't mention due to my extreme hatred of the abomination.(cough warblunder cough) Terrain looks absolutely fabulous!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Aircraft flight model
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 08:39:17 AM »
I don't know of any change to the flight model that would cause that. The stall buffet sound is different so it may be the different audio cue.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:34:25 AM by FLS »

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »

Now that's a pair.  Jug seemed fine.  Beta looks a whole lot better then this!

Please remember this is Beta.  The new environment we are playing in might be the culprit!

Lots' to work on still.  Again if you find anything wrong, post it!  Can't be fixed without being pointed out as you just did!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:53:41 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »
Nothing has changed in the flight modeling. My simply be different stick settings then you are used to.

HiTech

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:25 PM »
Might also be the different default FOV. At first I seemed to exaggerate the controls, but I soon got used to the new view. I adopted it to AH2, too, and I have feeling my accuracy has improved a little because of that.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 01:53:42 PM »
Might also be the different default FOV.

Yep. I think this is the biggest change that people will notice. Not knowing that it has changed to be more aligned with other flight sim FOV, many folks will complain or ask why the view is so "magnified". I actually got to sit in a Wildcat at an airshow a number of years ago, and couldn't believe how close to the instrument panel I was, and how little I could see out the front.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
If you increase your default FoV much above 90, I'm at 105. I've had to use zoom to make out the drones from the darker mask of the gunsight glass, scratches on the windscreen, ground, and the much closer Icon lettering. Until inside of 200. The gunsight glass mask lightens up considerably on zoom. I do not know if Waffle will lighten it, and I've attempted to change the default color of my gunsight mask to something that will brighten it up to no avail yet. Best solution so far is a dot with the alpha slider all the way up.

My graphic card plays the game at 4096 with excellent results and my monitor is a 24 inch. Reducing the resolution for the game from 1980x1024 to 1768x992 lightens the mask enough to use it unzoomed outside of 200. Makes the game look like flat washed out gack.... :P
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 07:14:45 PM »
The gunsite glass is hard to see through?

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 02:40:07 PM »
You are right Dale, my scaling settings were different in the Beta. Changed them and FM is exactly same, thanks for the reply.