Author Topic: Custom Sounds.  (Read 16633 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Custom Sounds.
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2016, 06:40:24 PM »
Gun fire from other tanks sounds like a bomb went off near my tank. No directional ques at all

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
Is anyone working on GV sounds? I like the plane sounds I have heard but all GVS sound exactly the same.

I started in on the Storch, M3, and Wirb (I will probably start the Tiger2 also), and the Wirb chassis and engine might be used for the other panzers.

Speaking just for me here:

Each vehicle and aircraft need to have their complete speed range defined in audio (as I understand it). This is very different from the way it was done in AH2. Once that is completed the external sounds must be adjusted to fit (or you can use recordings if you somehow manage to have that). FMOD makes it easier to adjust sounds by offset, so you don't have to have recorded so many channels.

My idea was to finish these and something like the P-51, Spit8, P-38, . . . something recognizable, and then release the first version.

If it turns out that my pack works well and it turns out I really do know what I am doing, then I might be convinced to make a video on how it all works. That is, even if someone beats me to the punch as it were.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »
I'm commissioning a new music intro that will probably be big brass era, and something between the theme to RB and AH3. I'm not sure if it is recommended, but when I removed the music bank the theme I am using disappears and does not seem to affect the remaining banks. Hopefully, that will not introduce a bug of any sort. That should make it easier to change title music to something like Buffalo Springfield, or what have you.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.