Author Topic: Base captures  (Read 393 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Base captures
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:07:17 AM »
Ok I know this is more for bug reporting type situations but have a question. Is there a reference source to find out what all needs to be destroyed for a capture of V bases? My squaddies and I gave it a shot, but the flag stayed red even after taking down just about every thing we could. Oh and did it from a CV and had an issue with that as well. After we launched we found that the CV had respawned 5 sectors away. While discussing that, we noticed it was back at its previous spot where we launched from. Just reporting it.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Base captures
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:11:54 AM »
Which arena were you in?

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 04:46:27 AM »
I took o vbase by just going in with a Panzer and killing all the guns, then bringing in troops. Easy-peasy!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
WE where in the Melee, Greebo Crater arena. We took guns down easily too! :rock Problem was that the flag stayed red. Just not sure about the flag situation... does it even go white at a vehicle base? We didn't run troops with red flag, so not sure :bhead   Sure is fun just trying though!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Buba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 10:37:38 PM »
All you have to do is take down the six auto ack, and there are two different Vehicle Bases designs.  Then run in M-3 and let them out. All will happen but ya have to have the six auto ack down.  Drive around in Panther and kill six things that shoot ya, Ha Ha.  Have fun I took 18 bases last night and reset the map that way.

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »
Like others have said. At a Vbase the only thing that needs to be done is making sure all the auto ack have been killed. Soft guns like 88s 17 pounders or manned guns can still be up. The flag does not need to be white at a Vbase. The only place a white flag is needed for capture is at an airfield town and in that case the town flag needs to be white and all guns in town need to be dead.
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 02:20:36 PM »
AH! Thanks Looney! THAT was what we figured(Flag). Might have been easier to just try it with red flag, but didn't lol. Thanks for the answers, everyone