Author Topic: Eny  (Read 11198 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Eny
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 08:34:27 AM »
Might it be beneficial if switching to the low numbers side offered some sort of award such as a small amount of perks?

Uh, isn't the perk multiplier higher if your side is outnumbered? There's the "award such as a small amount of perks". But then again, the player would actually have to fight and get some kills. ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 08:39:21 AM »
Vraciu, I respectfully disagree. Even when there are fewer players, ENY should kick in. 6 against 2 is not different than 100 against 50.

Yes it is when five of them are in GVs on your side.  So you are outnumbered in the air 2:1 and ENY hits you. 

Or what I hate more, a rolling battle where I am on the low side.   The fights are fun and even though the enemy is slowly taking bases there is action.   Then ENY hits and those guys all log.    Fight dries up. 

ENY does no good when it reduces the number of players in the arena. 

When ENY hits I log off.   Many times it is because ENY was supposed to help me but instead chased off all my opponents. 

It needs to be tweaked based on numbers.   I do not have the magic answer but some sort of sliding scale or curve to bring it on more gradually would help.

:salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 08:42:51 AM »
Yes it is when five of them are in GVs on your side.  So you are outnumbered in the air 2:1 and ENY hits you. 

Or what I hate more, a rolling battle where I am on the low side.   The fights are fun and even though the enemy is slowly taking bases there is action.   Then ENY hits and those guys all log.    Fight dries up. 

When ENY hits I log off.   Many times it is because ENY was supposed to help me but instead chased off all my opponents. 

It needs to be tweaked based on numbers.   I do not have the magic answer but some sort of sliding scale or curve to bring it on more gradually would help.

P-51D  :neener:

Kidding but seriously
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 09:07:45 AM »
P-51D  :neener:

Kidding but seriously

Lol!

:cheers:
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 12:04:45 PM »
Uh, isn't the perk multiplier higher if your side is outnumbered? There's the "award such as a small amount of perks". But then again, the player would actually have to fight and get some kills. ;)
Yes, but you'd get even more perk points for shooting down a low-eny plane. You used to be able to get some rediculous perk point bonuses back before eny (and before they figured out a -1 was far from helpless... I think at one point it was 40 eny!!!)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »

The ones that log need a superior plane to what you ha v e to even have a chance to win a fight. The real fighters stay and fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
The ones that log need a superior plane to what you ha v e to even have a chance to win a fight. The real fighters stay and fight.

That observation may or may not be accurate.   You can't force someone to fly a high ENY ride.    You can cause logoffs though. 

This argument has been hashed around a lot.  HiTech's views are well-known.  He says it serves the purpose he has in mind.   Until that purpose is no longer met it will remain as is. 

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »

That observation may or may not be accurate.   You can't force someone to fly a high ENY ride.    You can cause logoffs though. 

This argument has been hashed around a lot.  HiTech's views are well-known.  He says it serves the purpose he has in mind.   Until that purpose is no longer met it will remain as is. 

Yes! Since it works to even sides when people choose not to..... log, change sides, or fly what you can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
Yes! Since it works to even sides when people choose not to..... log, change sides, or fly what you can.

If the goal is to crater numbers in off peak then it is working just fine.  I don't mind being at a disadvantage.   At least it means I have someone to fight.   I'd rather be at a numbers disadvantage than to have nothing to shoot at.  But that's just me.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »
If the goal is to crater numbers in off peak then it is working just fine.  I don't mind being at a disadvantage.   At least it means I have someone to fight.   I'd rather be at a numbers disadvantage than to have nothing to shoot at.  But that's just me.
Great then all you have to do is switch to the low number team. The fighters are there, the others are not.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »
Great then all you have to do is switch to the low number team. The fighters are there, the others are not.

No.

Been there.  Done that.  It doesn't work.  Every single time I have I wound up being punished by ENY because of logoffs after side switching and wind up on the high side once again unable to find fights.  Then I am stuck and can't fly with my squad the next day.

Fess and I have been through this drill too many times to count.     

When you only have ten guys in flight ENY causes problems and side switching doesn't help.   

When you are on the low side ENY makes your opponents quit.   When you switch you wind up punished for switching because the balance swings the other way.    With low numbers it is counterproductive.  It comes on too soon and too hard.   That may be good with girls but it sucks with dogfights.

I'm going to shut up now.  It isn't going to change.    All the simple solutions you offer have been tried and don't work.    At least in my experience.

It's HiTech's show.   He has data I don't so it is what it is.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:02:21 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 03:12:16 PM »
No.

Been there.  Done that.  It doesn't work.  Every single time I have I wound up being punished by ENY because of logoffs after side switching and wind up on the high side once again unable to find fights.  Then I am stuck and can't fly with my squad the next day.

Fess and I have been through this drill too many times to count.     

When you only have ten guys in flight ENY causes problems and side switching doesn't help.   

When you are on the low side ENY makes your opponents quit.   When you switch you wind up punished for switching because the balance swings the other way.    With low numbers it is counterproductive.  It comes on too soon and too hard.   That may be good with girls but it sucks with dogfights.

I'm going to shut up now.  It isn't going to change.    All the simple solutions you offer have been tried and don't work.    At least in my experience.

It's HiTech's show.   He has data I don't so it is what it is.
Works great for me. Even in MW it works and they sometimes have very few on. The only time it doesn't work is when no one on wants to fight. Nothing anyone can do about that. Some just like to milkrun. Some in there for perk they can't get in LW.

Which brings up another item. Wish they would seperate the perks for different arenas.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 06:36:27 PM »
switching sides is not always an option. if u fly a squad, you cannot necessarily ask all squaddies to switch, every time the numbers balance shifts. the numbers are also time of day based, another balancing act.

eny is as good attempt as any........................I hate it but.......................... ...
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 07:12:40 PM »
I couldn't fly for a squad that says you can't fly against them, especially if it means getting the opportunity to fight. My squadies are my best and favorite opponents, any squad that mandates a side is just....scared....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 08:47:16 PM »
switching sides is not always an option. if u fly a squad, you cannot necessarily ask all squaddies to switch, every time the numbers balance shifts. the numbers are also time of day based, another balancing act.

eny is as good attempt as any........................I hate it but.......................... ...

Sometimes our squad is on different sides and we hunt each other. Hehehe
80th FS "Headhunters"