Author Topic: Eny  (Read 11207 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Eny
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2016, 11:52:06 AM »
If ENY convinces easy-mode hero's to log.  Good.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2016, 12:01:53 PM »

I resent that classification!   :old:   :joystick:  :furious
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2016, 12:31:59 PM »

Absolutely not. Every single morning the j0kers get on and horde half the map, If the map is small they will roll it. Many times they have rolled multiple maps. ENY gives us half a chance to defend.

(Image removed from quote.)

Let's put em Sopwith Cammels! That will teach em!  :old:

In all regards, normally, an abundance of airplanes with decent pilots are going to beat 1 superior plane in the sky. That being the pilot isn't a complete Ace, which many are not. Unless you fly a Temp or a Ta152 or a 190D, you generally won't be able to outrun most planes. When you get a gang on you, if you cannot out run them, it's pretty much over. 

The biggest reason why the Jokers take all of your bases is because of your side's or the 3rd's teamwork. 

When your side doesn't have the teamwork, or even enough players to combat the other squad, ENY doesn't really matter.

Now, if the maps were designed smaller where the Jokers had to face an opposition in order to capture a base, maybe ENY would work. The issue now, is that they can reup at another base across the map and basically avoid most opposition, thus flying higher ENY planes, but still capturing the map as there is little teamwork agaisnt them.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2016, 01:38:34 PM »

If numbers were better, sure.  But when the option is to have 20 easy-mode heroes flying around or 5 hardcores spread across a large map, I'd rather have 20 opponents.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2016, 01:39:54 PM »
If numbers were better, sure.  But when the option is to have 20 easy-mode heroes flying around or 5 hardcores spread across a large map, I'd rather have 20 opponents.

Wiley.

This.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2016, 03:26:23 AM »

Wiley.

Ever have a cat poop in your house?  Makes the whole place stink....

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2016, 06:04:48 PM »
^^^ During the week, in the mornings, they will reset the smaller maps in just a few hours. One morning "Baltic" was won after being up only 5 hours. They did this with ENY in the high 20's but it wasn't enough to slow them down.

Most times its up to 26-29....i guess team work really does work :aok
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2016, 08:05:13 AM »
I think it was ganging that was the biggest culprit. There were times when one team was being attacked from both sides for the whole month never mind an hour or two here and there.

I was hoping to get the answer from HiTech.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2016, 08:53:58 AM »
I think it was ganging that was the biggest culprit. There were times when one team was being attacked from both sides for the whole month never mind an hour or two here and there.

Fugitive drastically understates the issue.
We went for close to a year with one country having more people 24 hours a day in the arena then other 2 counties. Countries having similar numbers was a rarity.

But then when people logged because of the problem (from the low side), the problem would just get worse.

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
Interested to know what specific category of complaints are lower now, then before ENY?  (hoarding, rolling bases, maps won too fast, ??) Because it isn't obvious.  :salute

You never saw the threads that always resulted on Monday's after the Rookies launched one of their combined squadron operations on Sunday when the Rookies would out number the entire arena by a 3 to 1 margin.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2016, 11:30:18 PM »
You never saw the threads that always resulted on Monday's after the Rookies launched one of their combined squadron operations on Sunday when the Rookies would out number the entire arena by a 3 to 1 margin.

Those were fun, but ya people got a bit hot about it.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2016, 01:19:20 AM »

RJO!  Ya, I remember.  Was allot of fun steamrolling maps at will.  I'm sure it wasn't for the Bish/Knits, but RJO was partially a result of getting the old Knit/Bish gangbang a little too often. 

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2016, 03:04:18 AM »
RJO!  Ya, I remember.  Was allot of fun steamrolling maps at will.  I'm sure it wasn't for the Bish/Knits, but RJO was partially a result of getting the old Knit/Bish gangbang a little too often.
I had a ball as a Knit, but you did have to be a glutton for punishment. Those were the days of 40 perk sorties being normal and 80 perk sorties not being unusual, especially since the -1 at the time had a higher ENY.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2016, 03:16:36 PM »

Fugitive drastically understates the issue.
We went for close to a year with one country having more people 24 hours a day in the arena then other 2 counties. Countries having similar numbers was a rarity.

But then when people logged because of the problem (from the low side), the problem would just get worse.

HiTech

And ENY balances the numbers? 
Is that by causing people to switch sides?
Or
By causing people that ENY effects to log off?

Vinkman  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2016, 04:08:37 PM »
And ENY balances the numbers? 
Is that by causing people to switch sides?
Or
By causing people that ENY effects to log off?

Vinkman  :salute

Yes and yes.

Now you're getting it.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."