Author Topic: Beta ScreenShots or movies - Got Any?  (Read 26179 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta ScreenShots or movies - Got Any?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2016, 12:37:14 PM »
As far as I know, this is the only example of images that do not show the desired size.  I have never had this problem before, but if Fugi and I are the only two, then maybe there is some other explanation.  Only does it make me curious, why these particular images? :headscratch:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »
Make a quick film, use the Microsoft snipping tool from the accessories folder. Then post the full image back here using a hosting site and a direct url. The insert image button below the bold button above will give you your image tags.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »
Bustr  :headscratch: 

I have no problem seeing anyone else's image other that yours from that image posting site.  The thumbnail that you posted of the Betty worked fine, as it should.  The other images, including this last one, DOES NOT.

In other words, my image tags do not seem to be a problem, only those tags that do not seem to reflect on my browser / or forum  :headscratch: in the way that others appear to be.

Rather annoying, as I would very much like to see what images you have there.

For example in this post http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377346.msg5026193.html#msg5026193 I see two different sized images. Is that what you see?  Here are the tags from each: 

http://s20.postimg.org/oophwrost/CMDawn1.jpg   

http://s20.postimg.org/r8ubicr4d/CMMorning.jpg

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »
I see them fine.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2016, 05:08:02 PM »
I see them fine from Firefox which also reduces them slightly to show off the format in it's best resolution automatically for Firefox as and image file.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »
This is from my Firefox browser. I have logged into Postimg.org and copied an image link. It is posted below.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 09:03:19 PM »
That one I see full size

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2016, 02:00:01 AM »
---For example in this post http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377346.msg5026193.html#msg5026193 I see two different sized images. Is that what you see?---
On my screen they've been of same size all of the time which made your question there seem weird.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2016, 02:41:57 AM »
Not sure if it's the tree bark texture, or the shadows causing a slight shimmer.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2016, 03:45:22 AM »
I would have let this go by now, if my original suspicion had not been confirmed.

1) I am NOT the only one who sees different sized images, and 2) this only happens when trying to view "most" of the images that Bustr has posted.

Yes, I did as suggested and tried to look for settings and eventually reset them for my browser, and still no difference.

I will let it rest for now, as I plan to do a full wipe of my hard disk due to damaged files.  Until, I have the time to get all that straight, maybe Skuzzy or someone else could figure out why I only have the problems with images from Bustr / image hosting site that was chosen.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2016, 05:38:55 AM »
Did you set the view for your temp folder to thumbnails while looking for a specific file? That or maybe preview links is active?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:41:21 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2016, 05:44:16 AM »
The only thing I can think of is maybe you guys, who are having trouble seeing the full size image are running your browser application in a frame which is too small for the full size image and the browser is resizing it.

Beyond that, I have never seen this type of problem before.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »
Well, I have seen it reported before. It had something to do with a persistent CSS style. Maybe assigning a new temp folder on another drive?

-OR-

Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer "Tools" menu and choose "Internet Options." When the Internet Options dialog box opens, click on the "Advanced" tab. Scroll through the Settings box to the Multimedia section. Select the check box in front of "Show Pictures" if it is not already. All I got.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:52:49 AM by Chalenge »

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2016, 10:15:15 AM »
Have a film of GV and of avatar walking on water.

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »
Sherman