Author Topic: Beta 3  (Read 3592 times)

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
Re: Beta 3
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2016, 06:32:08 AM »
I have a couple of bugs for you Skuzzy. In the mission "7minute abs". If I start by "populate mission", starting mission from the start, the F4U spawns on the runway and lifts the gear with engine running. This kills the engine and the only way I can leave the game is by hard booting(reset) the computer. If I try to join the mission when it's already under way, I get this message-"Assign user failed with Rtn-10 Flightindex-1"    Thanks---HiVolt

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
A couple things
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »
I noticed that the jet birds'(Ar234 and Me262) throttle response is a lot faster than AH2. At least when watching the RPM gauge.

The RATO pods on the AR234 have invisible parachutes. And they make small bomb craters when they hit the ground.

The gear on a Me163 explode when dropped.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2016, 09:54:04 AM »
I've been doing some offline bomber runs using the 15K bomber spawn that I have put in for testing in CraterMA. The straight and level run takes me over the SE country's city and HQ, each of which are guarded by two flak bases.

I've done about 8 runs in Lancasters and about the same in B-29s. The odd thing is the B-29 seems a lot more susceptible to taking a fatal hit. I lost just one Lanc in those runs and only took any listed damage one other time. However the B-29 takes a fatal hit on every other run and it is always the same type of hit. The hit causes a burning fuselage and 5-10 seconds later the plane explodes. Now I know its not a very big testing sample and the B-29 is a bigger target for the flak but it seems odd nonetheless.

The other thing I noticed is that all the flak bursts are visually sorted behind both the plane and behind clouds which looks odd when much of the flak is much closer than either to my viewpoint.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »
What does ctd stand for?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »
When I flew a fighter at 1000ft over the flak base on crater, it took several passes to die. The puffy ack acted like it was for show when I came in at 5k first time. During the lower passes over the flak base it was eventually an auto 20mm that got me.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2016, 01:58:23 PM »
What does ctd stand for?
Crash To Desktop
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »
Driving Firefly around knights HQ.

Phantom elevation or the tiny bush I backed up over. I backed up from the road towards a pine. Just before the pine the rear end of my tank elevated.

499175,332,-129844,-1.3,-79.1,-139.8
craterma
FOV = 72.5

88mm on the HQ object that has been this way since closed alpha. 88 was set down on a steep incline. From the road you can see half of the 88 object base sticking out into open air.

499104,395,-128661,4.9,0.0,-69.3
craterma
FOV = 17.0

Guard shack wood striped barrier beam will stop a tank when it runs into it. It must be made from the new nano cellulose fiber from Japan. By volume when cured, it is equal in strength to steel.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »
CraterMA.

I sat in the tower at all the flak bases. The same pines in this picture at all flack bases had a rewrite flicker while full sunlight was shining on them. It only happened at the red highlighted area near the base.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »
CraterMA

Vehicle ambient sounds disappear after coming to a full stop then starting again.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Windycty

• Copper Member
CV Fire Remains after CV Sunk
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2016, 07:27:10 PM »
I sunk a CV in Beta, the ship went down but the fire remained on the surface of the water and moved along with the rest of the enemy fleet.  I guess it would make sense if it was burning oil on the water.  :salute
"Four fried chickens and a Coke"

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2016, 08:11:22 PM »
Aces High III Beta Patch3

at last, CTD... :frown:
I think, Lens flare effect is over at canopy, gun fire.

Clouds make shadow under clouds are good.

---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2016, 02:08:27 AM »
1v1 arena

whats happend?
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2016, 02:56:42 AM »
I've spotted a possible issue in this screenshot Bustr posted in another thread. The nearby trees are all throwing a shadow on the ground but none of the buildings are.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »
CTD after executing "goto" player right click from Roster.  The action took me to a Knight Carrier on Greebo's CraterMA in the Melee arena.  I saw a glimpse of the deck and then immediately was given the "application stopped" pop up after game shut down.

ahbeta.exe
   56a7c812
   ahbeta.exe
   56a7c812
   c0000005
   0018dd36
   f60

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
I noticed that when I'm in the bombsite that if I zoom in and out, the outer circle of the site get bigger and smaller very quickly.