Author Topic: Need Moar Spaiz!!!  (Read 919 times)

Offline DevOps

• Zinc Member
Need Moar Spaiz!!!
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:40:38 PM »
Spying was, and is a very valuable resource in any war, and should be allowed.

The challenge you are faced with is making your game better than your opponents.

The Pigs on the Wing are known to announce where they are heading defeating any advantage a spy could provide. From then on it's up to your flying ability, gunnery, and teamwork.

One would think Hitech would go for it since it may encourage more paying players. Why not?

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Need Moar Spaiz!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:48:25 PM »
Ehh, there is something to be said about giving away CV positions so some sweetheart nozzel can up 30K bombers and sink it before it gets near a base.

There does need to be some sort of strategic aspect to the game to keep players from pulling a Skyyr to track and locate people.

It's not something that should be encouraged. I think it would piss more people off than add the tiny few who would actually Sub.

It's one thing to say hey, we are going to wreck this base in order to hopefully create a fight out of it. It's another thing when a squad is trying to be strategic and capture bases quickly without too much notice. That in itself is a skill.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 03:02:38 PM »
-1 Ridiculous.  This isn't a war, it's a game, try being a good sport while playing it.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
announcing what you are doing is ok.  giving away info to another country on a mission you arent involved in is pretty cheesy.

this is not war, some people like to pretend it is.  so whoever gives info should be muted.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 03:13:03 PM »
When a player sits in a hangar on a base that one teams players are upping from to attack another(specifically ONE TEAM) side's base, so that that side can get intel on what is upping, hear range coms and allow players of another team to view country chat, that is unscrupulous, to put it mildly. When that same Player is sen to move a CV group away from a base that a specific side AND SQUAD is going to attack, that is also unscrupulous. When the SAME player is seen sitting on his (specific side, with a specific squad) opponents' base and is not attacked in any way manner or form, THAT IS UNSCRUPULOUS! That being said, it is plain that there either has been insufficient evidence to prove cheating, or this is acceptable gameplay. I don't know which. That this is getting so much mention in the forums would seem to evidence more of a need for explanation, other than a list of what HTC does about HACKING. I know that I have brought it to Skuzzy's attention in a PM, and got no reply. I know this specific circumstance has been brought up, with the threads locked and no satisfactory explanation of whether or not it is a: legal and b:acceptable. If it is acceptable gameplay, PLEASE let us know, so that I, for one, can go ahead and cancel my subscription, because I will not play a game where such unscrupulous gameplay is allowed, thus encouraged.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »
hitech already replied in another thread that cybro hasnt been caught doing any cheating, while others who have were banned.

semp

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
Well then semp, I  guess that settles it. If it's ok to have a shade that spies, I have no more need for AH. There are too many people who play for the knights who have witnessed it. So...vaya con Dios mi amigos!

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 03:47:52 PM »
This will be my last post...if I'm not playin, I'm not gonna use the forum. See you all, and I encourage anyone else who feels that what is going on is wrong, legal or not, to speak up against it. I've enjoyed all the fights, in-game and in the forums!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 03:55:40 PM »
see you in two weeks.

semp

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »
Good by copprhed.
You in this thread refuse to believe us. As I stated we look into stuff and take this very seriously.

Paranoia is the problem, the fact that a player can simply stat online and do nothing makes people believe he is cheating, even after we have told them he is not. Is the issue.

HiTech

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »
This will be my last post...if I'm not playin, I'm not gonna use the forum. See you all, and I encourage anyone else who feels that what is going on is wrong, legal or not, to speak up against it. I've enjoyed all the fights, in-game and in the forums!
People online have stated he isn't a shade but rather an "interesting character". And I've seen him chat and talk and he doesn't feel like a shade.

If you want to leave I can't stop you but just know I'll be here when you come back :salute

In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »

I've learned this much... sand gets everywhere when you play in this sandbox. . .  :devil
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 04:51:13 PM »
People online have stated he isn't a shade but rather an "interesting character". And I've seen him chat and talk and he doesn't feel like a shade.

If you want to leave I can't stop you but just know I'll be here when you come back :salute

I've seen what he does at bases.  I've also seen him fly.  I don't understand him.  He is strange.

The paranoia goes away if you plan what you're doing around the idea the enemy might resist.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 04:54:16 PM »
Well then semp, I  guess that settles it. If it's ok to have a shade that spies!

As the recent dismissal of Skyyr from the game, it is safe to say that if there is evidence of wrong doing, the guilty are banned from the game.

As for cybro, I really don't think he is a spy.  Not sure what his motivations are, but when I get almost nightly PMs from Bish and/or Rookies asking me where cybro is at so they can bomb him because they're upset at him for spying when he was on their sides, it pretty much indicates that he's not spying.  He's also been seen in the MW arena when he's the only one in there sitting in a GV just inside of an enemy base's 'dar ring just to make the base flash.  He's on odd bird for sure, but not a spy.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
As the recent dismissal of Skyyr from the game, it is safe to say that if there is evidence of wrong doing, the guilty are banned from the game.

As for cybro, I really don't think he is a spy.  Not sure what his motivations are, but when I get almost nightly PMs from Bish and/or Rookies asking me where cybro is at so they can bomb him because they're upset at him for spying when he was on their sides, it pretty much indicates that he's not spying.  He's also been seen in the MW arena when he's the only one in there sitting in a GV just inside of an enemy base's 'dar ring just to make the base flash.  He's on odd bird for sure, but not a spy.

It had occurred to me that he might be just feeding peoples' paranoia.  It also occurred to me that he might be somebody's special needs kid who likes watching the planes take off.  The base flashing points in the general direction of intermediate level trolling though.

Now I'm slightly amused by him.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11