Author Topic: voice echo  (Read 1068 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
voice echo
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »
hello, ive never had a problem with this before but when i transmit over vox my voice is now echoing only in the game last time i used it it worked fin til this Friday night when it started acting up Ive reinstalled the game updated my audio drivers with the lastest they had for the Via 1780s on-board chipset.. now it works perfect in windows when i do the test in the sounds hardware test, so i thought maybe the headsets bad so i hooked up my Turtle Beach headset and that works perfect in the windows sound test but as soon as i go into AcesHigh i get a acheshigh has stopped working window and get booted to desktop the game will load but as soon as i click go online or offline it stops working and goes back to desktop, I'm freaking stumped any help would be appreciated..

IM using Windows xp pro 64  I also did a complete reformat and fresh ace's high install same echo problem with the headset, the turtle beach headset still won't let me get in game either offline or online to set it up.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:43:13 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: voice echo
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:06:38 AM »
Did you make sure to mute the microphone in the "Playback" settings for sound, in the Windows Sound Control panel?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 01:26:03 AM »
Skuzzy -

I am having this exact same issue.  I tried a couple headsets.  I spent a few hours working on my sounds in control panel.  I even attempted to update drivers and hit some forums to see what (if anything) I could do.  Everything on all other programs don't perform the echo. 

It only is happening in the game. 

I searched this forum and found this one.  It is the exact same situation. 

My mic is muted in the speaker portion.  I've adjusted the volumes every which way and the echo is always there. 

Any ideas? 

P.S.  Unrelated - I PM'd you regarding some CM stuff.  Don't know if you had a chance to get around to it yet. 

Thank you, Sir!

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 05:41:22 AM »
A DXDIAG output might show something.  Did you check the devices being used in the games Options->Game Sounds?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 12:44:42 PM »
Yes, Sir!

I'll DXDIAG and see if we can spot it. 

Thanks!
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)