Author Topic: Question about the Shade infestation...  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Re: Question about the Shade infestation...
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:27 PM »
Ask them, if they want to be known they will be known.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 11:00:08 PM »
Awe, Junky getting paranoid? Well, if you run into PorkyPig, that's me. And, DickWeed. Oh, and 1CASPER1. Wait a minute, I recently added Calypso too. :neener: :airplane: :neener: :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
By the way, all the names/accounts are in my sig.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:01:50 PM by 1MADDOG1 »
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 12:21:52 AM »
must be 999000 in disguise!!!

No, he's nowhere close to that good.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 12:23:24 AM »
Ok you caught me... Pipz is my shade...

:old:     I am Skyyr. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 09:30:51 AM »
Awe, Junky getting paranoid? Well, if you run into PorkyPig, that's me. And, DickWeed. Oh, and 1CASPER1. Wait a minute, I recently added Calypso too. :neener: :airplane: :neener: :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
By the way, all the names/accounts are in my sig.

It's not paranoia, more just interested if the population is going up again with AH3 getting close....Plus I am competitive and would like to test my skills against a bunch of old timers I've only ever read about :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
It's not paranoia, more just interested if the population is going up again with AH3 getting close....Plus I am competitive and would like to test my skills against a bunch of old timers I've only ever read about :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
People who "shade", do it for ridiculous reasons that reflect badly on their character.  Don't get me wrong, multiple accounts are totally cool and totally different from "shade" (see 1MADDOG1's post).  It's called "Online Disinhibition Effect"... for a quick and easy definition, see "Antisocial Personality Disorder".  They're known to guard their secret carefully.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »
I have a shade, and I think im a pretty good character. I have it to help support htc and the game and so I can fly "not as me".  I'm not anti-social, in fact, quite the opposite, most times you cant shut me up. I only fly one account at a time, and I don't give away "chess piece secrets" if you will. I'm not quite sure why I'm defending it, but there you have it.

actually I wingman waystin2 and take pictures of him and his sheep while he's not looking  :D

I also pay for a few accounts for players that cant afford it..... is that a problem too? or does that count as too many shades?

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 11:50:06 AM »
Whenever I see PorkyPig on I make sure I go to that area, cracks me up on range :rofl
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 12:05:13 PM »
I feel I may be on the fringe here, and I'll admit I can't really say much as I haven't played for any regular amount of time in I don't know how long. I'll pop in here and there, fly a few sorties. Once upon a time, handles were part of the fun, but the game grew to meet the new era. Since flying an account with a high score became a risk for those obsessed with the scoring system on something bordering addiction, having second or third accounts became typical.

Then, at what seems to me came after the announcement that the combat tour(if memory serves that's what it was called) was being dissolved, what should have been a new beginning, for me was the beginning of the end. Development slowed to a snails pace. Corporate politics found it's teeth sank  firmly and the invasion came. This led to a fracture in the community, and the high-lighting of how it was falling behind technologically.

The dominant personalities of ole (Shane, FDB's etc.,) we all lament about like a cantankerous slobber donkey/kastrati  you couldn't help but love it, if even only for a while. Started to leave. The people who nurtured the game's development from early on started moving on to other things. As the player base grew, it became harder to stand out from the crowd. So, the few personalities that remained added color more than character to the game.

Having said all that, some of my longest friendships have been with people I met playing AH. And that is what makes the current state of affairs all the more tragic. The lack of comprehension, understanding or perhaps even give a damn of online communities within the very companies that create the games is appalling. In online gaming, the players ARE the game. The product that they use to play is just the vessel, the medium. I sincerely hope some day, more game companies will along that understands this like the HTC crew does.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 12:29:17 PM »
:old:     I am Skyyr.

"No, he's nowhere close to that good."

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »

Ya if it's the same Mage, he's been around a long long time.

Mage has been around a long time as well. He is also one of those guys who has flown real fighter sorties as well
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »
is mage the one from aw?  the one that always reset the arenas when the Az's were wining?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
lol

thanks Semp tough day I needed a good laugh, I'll have to check the label on my old hat I think it was the 1999? AW Con in Indy that Jordi put on, Mute and I went and met the crew, Mage as well, if that's the same one he would have to be in his late 60's early 70's?

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Online JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
I made a shade once. I was called skyyr by many.

The paranoia is real.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3