Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12916 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »
Well HiTech I definitely lost splining and had peak vertices reintroduced and I didn't import a height.raw file.

The only difference between last night and this morning was going from Patch 14 to Patch 15.

My experience is different. I went from patch 13 to patch 15, skipping 14.
I hope this helps.
I'm heavily involved in splining the shorelines and the only time I have issues is when the TE tries to open the original AH2 terrain. That's because both TEs, AH2 and AH3 somehow store the path in a way that they both point at whichever terrain I had open last.

Do you happen to have a backup or can you double check the path to the terrain you opened?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 05:52:32 PM »
I have already correct the shorelines issue.

Previous backups I have are from when I hadn't finish all the work and I would have to uninstall AH and then reinstall AH3 14 to see if I can reproduce the issue. The path to the oba was the same as in 12, 13, and 14.

Possibly my machine is jinx since I a previous issue of updating from a patch and it corrupting my shape groups and then only having one called CVT.

Currently everything seems to be running fine after redoing the splining.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
Good to hear. Wish mine were that simple. I've been doing shoreline splining for a week or more now and I'm still not done.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2016, 06:58:22 PM »
Oh it took me a 2 weeks on blksea, frigging thing has like 1200+ miles of coastline. I wrapped that up last night. The hiccup this morning with patch 15 fortunately only cost me a little over 2 hours.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2016, 08:43:01 PM »
CTD from CraterMA.  Bailed from a wounded plane, with another player Vilkas joined.  Vulpres was the other player engaged from other country.

Fault offset: 0x00019253

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2016, 10:40:25 PM »
In crater arena enemy troops had no icons. Will there be no red Ps in AH3? I noticed they still run over buildings instead of around them.

ran into a tree and could not back away  76264,3477,-300537,-2.0,0.1,-145.9
craterma
FOV = 50.5
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2016, 11:42:23 PM »
Bruv hit the nail on the head - it's the new sounds that are giving the impression that the FM is somehow "changed" - if you look at the gauges with the sound off, it's one experience, crank the sound, and since so much is new there in terms of how the Revs from the engine sound, the affect that's having is a false sense of loss of power/etc.  I experienced it myself at first, but having flown the planes I have the most time in, I'm certain it's just an issue of the sound/ear tricking the brain into thinking you're running out of E coming over the top, compared to AH2, when it isn't actually the case.

The earlier bug I had with the reflections not resetting and sticking to "1" is gone, it's back to functioning perfectly for me. 

The aileron trim bug is still there, and has an added bug for me now.  Before it would trim with the old keys "m" and "," however mapping ail trim to any stick hat or button wouldn't work.  Now aileron trim doesn't work with the keys either for me.  Elevator and rudder trim both work with any hat/button and the keys, and I tried 4 different Hotas sticks, same result.  The buttons that work for rudder/elev when retasked to aileron don't work for aileron either, so it isn't broken hats/buttons, and I tried another keyboard too, same result.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2016, 01:58:30 AM »
I think clouds have a bug:

More details here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,378393.0.html

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2016, 02:27:40 AM »
2 part question: What graphic engine are you using in AH3 and is it the same one in AH2?

I'm still try to find a work around from getting motion sick :rolleyes:, and it's been suggested that some graphic engines tend to cause it more than others.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2016, 02:34:05 AM »
Qbert, just a suggestion.  Try settings at default, then:
-- disable reflection
-- disable shadows
-- unselect lens flare, starburst, and bloom (so that they are off)

Also, if your frames per second aren't over, say, 25 or so, that could add to your motion sickness perhaps.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2016, 04:14:53 AM »
2 part question: What graphic engine are you using in AH3 and is it the same one in AH2?

I'm still try to find a work around from getting motion sick :rolleyes:, and it's been suggested that some graphic engines tend to cause it more than others.

Try the new Terrain Detail slider, all the way right for most detail. Then things won't be snaking around on you.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »
The FI Storch at the vbases launch from the spawn hanger instead of the fighter hanger. 
I can't get it to taxi over the pavement hump without destroying the prop or turn fast
enough to miss the building it spawns towards.  The asphalt ramp exiting the spawn VH
seems excessive as if you don't slow your tank down before you make the turn to miss the
building, you will roll your tank.

Enemy GV firing at a base is almost impossible to spot.  None to very little tracer to spot
where the fire is coming from as compared to AHII. Especially in dense trees.

Might just be the craterma map, but the number of trees to negotiate a tank through driving to
some enemy bases seems like a lot.  End up driving at 10mph a lot to negotiate the trees as open
areas seem far and few between in dense woods. Very few spots wide enough to get a tank through
in some woods.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2016, 12:19:42 PM »
I don't like when the radar detects an enemy on the map and you can see the direction it's going. Can you guys at HTC put everything back when green and red guys are shown as dots on the map?
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:14 PM »
I don't like when the radar detects an enemy on the map and you can see the direction it's going. Can you guys at HTC put everything back when green and red guys are shown as dots on the map?

No

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2016, 04:22:35 PM »
Found other planes other than the A6M's, where smoke comes through the firewall on start up.