Author Topic: Update on my dad BFOOT Senior  (Read 816 times)

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
Update on my dad BFOOT Senior
« on: April 04, 2016, 11:48:51 AM »
Hey everyone, a lot of you know me as BFOOT and have known me for awhile though FSO, Scenarios, and the MA's. Well when my dad first got into Aces High back in '02-'03 he flew under the same handle which I fly under. Originally he was with the Dirty Thirty (HC43S, NAVCAD, Ftroop, killmore, cougher, and some other guys which I can't remember.) Well I was 8-9 when dad first let me fly, and it took awhile but I'll never forget that I got my first kill in a P-51 with dad by my side, and it was a very awesome unique father son moment as we both share a fascination for military history and aviation. Well dad occasionally flies now, and I've taken over the account.

Anyways back to my post, last week my dad went in for to have a heart cath put in. While there the doctors found three blockages to dads heart. Well dad had open heart surgery today, and the blockages were fixed and completed and everything is going as planned. My dads name is Mark Wood for those of you that remember him in his early days if you want to check on the old guy add him on Facebook we are from North Carolina, he'd appreciate that. Just keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, especially my mother.  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
Re: Update on my dad BFOOT Senior
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:54:31 AM »
Prayers going up for your family, BIGFOOT1.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »
Will do.  :pray

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
 :salute :pray

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »
Good to hear Zach!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »
I'll make sure to keep Mark, you and your Mom and family in my thoughts and prayers, Zach!

Prayers on the way, hoping for a speedy recovery!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 02:16:08 PM »
Glad to hear things are going well. 
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 02:39:26 PM »
Didn't know him well, but heard good things overall. Get well soon!  :pray  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »
Consider it done. Glad to hear he is doing ok.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:36 PM »
While there the doctors found three blockages to dads heart. Well dad had open heart surgery today, and the blockages were fixed and completed and everything is going as planned.
While it is serious surgery, a triple bypass will extend one's life, especially if there was no heart attack.

May I offer a cautionary tale on heredity. My dad had a heart attack when he was 48 years old. He survived and had a triple bypass. He lived to 80 years. I went in at 50 years old to have a stress test and three arteries were found to be severely blocked. I, too, had a triple bypass. Catching the blockage before the heart attack was considered a "success" by the cardiologist.

The caution is that you, as the son of a heart patient, are now high risk. A stress test around 50 is probably not a bad idea.

Just keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, especially my mother.  :salute
It goes without saying.  :salute

Take care and be patient with the patient. It will be a few months for recovery.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 05:03:29 PM »
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 05:11:33 PM »
While it is serious surgery, a triple bypass will extend one's life, especially if there was no heart attack.

May I offer a cautionary tale on heredity. My dad had a heart attack when he was 48 years old. He survived and had a triple bypass. He lived to 80 years. I went in at 50 years old to have a stress test and three arteries were found to be severely blocked. I, too, had a triple bypass. Catching the blockage before the heart attack was considered a "success" by the cardiologist.

The caution is that you, as the son of a heart patient, are now high risk. A stress test around 50 is probably not a bad idea.
It goes without saying.  :salute

Take care and be patient with the patient. It will be a few months for recovery.
The scary part is both of my dads brothers had triple bypass, and his father did as well. So the way it's looking I'm at a 90-99% chance of having the same operation. But I appreciate the advice, this is why I love the Aces High Community. Everyone I've encountered is helpful, kind, and always listens a big salute to you all.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 05:16:48 PM »
 :salute  :pray
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 12:01:48 AM »
Don't know you or your Dad personally, Zach, but your family will definitely be in my prayers. Sounds like he was quite fortunate to have those blockages discovered. Wishing for a speedy recovery.
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.