Author Topic: Saitek x52  (Read 407 times)

Offline Onyx13

• Zinc Member
Saitek x52
« on: April 05, 2016, 07:39:57 PM »
Just logged on and my Joystick  (Saitek x52) wont work. I checked  all connections. Earlier today while pulling out of  a dive my guns started firing, wheels deployed and my throttle only had full power or no power. I recalibrated and everything seamed ok.
  Anyone have a idea what caused this and why I now have no joystick????   

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saitek x52
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 02:23:21 AM »
It sounds like there's some hassle with your controller mapping in the game. It may be due to your controller choosing another mode. AH has the feature and IIRC X52 has its own. Check the mode selectors in both.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:32:31 AM »
Power fluctuations with Windows 7 or Windows 10 can cause crazy things with USB controllers.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 05:55:12 AM »
Power fluctuations with Windows 7 or Windows 10 can cause crazy things with USB controllers.

USB 'brownouts' are not uncommon with the Saitek stick.  When it happens, the stick will eventually get a new USB ID, which will make it appear as a new stick to the game.

All versions of Windows, from Vista and up, have this issue.  The simplest way to prevent it from happening is to use an externally powered USB hub.  The X52 draws a lot of power through the USB port.  Right up to the maximum allowed.  If the internal USB hub of the computer has anything else attached to it, then brownouts can happen, quite easily.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:44:02 PM »
Sounds like it might be a broken connection inside the stick.

Offline Onyx13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 05:07:34 PM »
I shut my computer off every night . When I logged on after the shutdown everything was ok. Thanks for all the help. :aok