Author Topic: zoom not working  (Read 664 times)

Offline remeskylan

• Zinc Member
zoom not working
« on: April 06, 2016, 04:30:08 PM »
  Just noticed Zoom inop. I did try it on the off line version of AH and it is working. I did recently change my video card and controller but I have the controller set for zoom and also map to the z key.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: zoom not working
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:24:19 PM »
  Just noticed Zoom inop. I did try it on the off line version of AH and it is working. I did recently change my video card and controller but I have the controller set for zoom and also map to the z key.

Skuzzy, would this not follow under the video.cfg file? like in if he deleted it, so it could re approximate <--- (Jameson, might be the wrong word I'm looking for)

should he delete it so it rebuilds itself?

hope this helps, sorry if it does not

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:55 PM »

Check to see if you are zoomed out all the way. That can make it look like zoom isn't working.

Offline remeskylan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:41:17 PM »
I have already tried unzooming using the brackets. Nothing works so far. it has to be either with the warthog settings or with the video settings

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »
I have already tried unzooming using the brackets. Nothing works so far. it has to be either with the warthog settings or with the video settings

Mapping zoom to multiple buttons/axis will screw it up. It takes time but go through all of the mappings you have set up in the game both on controls as well as keyboard.

To add to the issues I have one I haven't figured out yet.......

I have an X55 set, I have a button mapped to the zoom toggle (z), and a rotary for the zoom in and out. If I "zoom" by hitting the button and then try to rotate the rotary to zoom in or out nothing happens. However, if I rotate the rotary and THEN hit the zoom button I get a zoomed in or out view. Weird right?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 09:53:56 PM »

If you have zoom mapped to an analog axis the brackets won't work. Check the warthog setting for zoom mapped to an analog axis.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 10:16:17 PM »
Go online (or where the problem is) and jump into a shore battery, or ship gun. You will be able to un-zoom there.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »
Yes, if you change video cards, then you should remove the "video8.cfg" file from the games "settings" folder. 

Yes, if you map the analog zoom controls the digital zoom controls will no longer function.  To see if you have a mess in the key/stick settings, rename the "settings" folder and start the game.  Tets without making any config changes.

If you are using stick management software, it can also mess you up if you are not careful.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 05:28:37 AM »
Yes, if you change video cards, then you should remove the "video8.cfg" file from the games "settings" folder. 

Should this be standard procedure in AH2 and Beta?

Offline remeskylan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:32:13 PM »
I have removed the video8.cfg file and there were no changes. I took off the zoom function off my joystick and I still have no zoom when I press z

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »
Rename your "settings" folder to a new name.  Then try it.  My guess is, it will return to working.

I could probably fix this in a few seconds if I was sitting at your computer, but because I cannot see what is going on, I will make the 'brute force' suggestion of starting over and remapping things.  Just be mindful once you map an analog control, the corresponding digital control will no longer work.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 04:07:52 PM »
I have removed the video8.cfg file and there were no changes. I took off the zoom function off my joystick and I still have no zoom when I press z

Do you mean you unassigned the zoom toggle button?  What do you have assigned to the grey slider next to the throttles?

Offline remeskylan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 06:33:32 PM »
 Skuzzy you are right, I renamed the settings folder and I got the z [zoom] is back. Thank you

Offline remeskylan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 10:37:58 AM »
 Back to not working, initially it worked but next time I rebooted my PC the zoom was inop. I have tried turning off varies functions on joystick but  it only worked once since then nothing has brought back the zoom key  :headscratch:

Offline remeskylan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 03:57:45 PM »
 Does work if I delete the other settings file. Have to relearn all the warthogs keys and sign on.