Author Topic: Ability to buy more perk points  (Read 4769 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ability to buy more perk points
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2016, 04:47:43 PM »
Arlo, this is getting nowhere but giving him a platform to repeat FtP and micro transactions at Hitech indirectly. If I remember correctly in the last 2 years Hitech already publicly shot down the OP's wish in terms of changing the subscription model for AH2 and AH3.

Hitech at any time has been free to issue everyone at the beginning of a tour enough perks for one 262 or whatever that gets you in less pricy fighters or, 1 Tiger2 or a B29 and so forth. If you need to give the little snowflakes perk rides to keep them in the game, they won't want to stay after my squad gets done with them. We have gazillions of perks between us and will happily gorge on them at all times in our perked or unperked rides against their snowflakieness. We don't even need a 262 to kill 262 anymore. This is not a very nice game when you get down to it.

Our CO will probably issue T-shirts for the most snowflakes killed each tour which gets POTW really motivated. And I bet it won't be just POTW who will get motivated if this game gets reduced to the care and feeding of snowflakes. There are other squads with gazillions of perks and no interest in using them as of yet, with quite a few who don't need a 262 to kill 262s. The OP has a strange social fairness misconception about perk rides in this game and the real reason they are perked. "262s are us" will kill AH3 very quickly.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »
Relax, Randall. This, too, shall pass. While you fixate on my presumptions you ignore your own. You presume that a business model in another game can easily replace this one with great success. I've played those games. It's a different community, a different atmosphere/environment, a different game. And it's also a vastly different relationship between the developer/producer and the customer.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2016, 04:55:43 PM »
We don't even need a 262 to kill 262 anymore. This is not a very nice game when you get down to it.

I've even managed to down one or two in my trusty f4U (which is a major accomplishment for a lifelong mediocre player, such as me). Seighn, however, is starting to collect a pile of 262 scalps.

"262s are us" will kill AH3 very quickly.

Agreed, sir.  :cheers:

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
Randall, with respect,    NO

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
Well hopefully, Hitech will read this (which I'm sure he has) and weigh the possibilities.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »
Well hopefully, Hitech will read this (which I'm sure he has) and weigh the possibilities.
Thus far, Hitech has dismissed your idea and there's great doubt this thread will change his mind. I for one wouldn't have been so attracted to the game if your business model was in place...  YMMV
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
Randall, with respect,    NO

That needs to be bigger Zoney :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2016, 01:29:18 PM »
Part of the time these self help marketing sales pitches to Hitech, come from people who want Hitech to ultimately make the game free to play. You have to wonder what about this game has kept a core of players paying $14.95 a month since the time block of 1999-2003? When other games up until now versus AH, have kowabunga fantastic eye candy and are free to play.

The OPs always operate like they think Hitech is either resting on his laurels or a business moron while only a very lucky master programmer. Never like he knows what he is doing and as a professional keeps up to date with his industry and trends. It's the almost verbatim sales pitch from them that makes it so incredulous. And I bet this OP like most of the others had an inkling contacting Hitech privately with his proposal would fail. So the sales pitch on the forums which might also gain a following of the like minded who just maybe could persuade Hitech by a crowd of popular sentiment.

Here is another attribute about half of these sales pitchers have, does anyone know if the OP is an active subscriber to the game?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2016, 02:30:58 PM »
That needs to be bigger Zoney :old:

I'm subtle.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DevOps

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:04 PM »
A monthly stipend of 100 perkies once a paid sub begins? Personally, doesn't matter to me since I like many an unperked ride but it may appeal to new bloods with my skill level who wanna fly jetz.

+1

For the same reason OP mentioned.

Regular stipend every month. Stipend rolls over and accumulates. No micro-transactions involved.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »

Earn them.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:59 PM »
No paying to win.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:58 PM »
if you cannot earn the perks then you dont have the skill to fly the perk rides anyway.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline flyndung

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
if you cannot earn the perks then you dont have the skill to fly the perk rides anyway.

semp

then when the AH3 comes out at offically all perk points should start at 0 for everyone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2016, 07:58:23 AM »
then when the AH3 comes out at offically all perk points should start at 0 for everyone

you give up your perks first.  we'll follow you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.