Author Topic: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 17856 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 06:28:35 PM »
Just also went and tested the following terrains in the AH3 SEA. Same routine as before enter arena, switch terrain, get booted out, enter arena, download terrain, spawn and fly.

• avachannel
  • avafinrus
  • avatunis
  • eur2015
  • ndisles

No problem downloading, entering, or spawning with any of these. I also was able to enter the AvA arena right now with no problem (it was using blksea).

Before I did any of this testing I went and deleted all my RES files for previous terrains I downloaded so that I got each terrain fresh (had to do a download for each).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:30:35 PM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »
Some planes seem to have smoke in the cockpit when starting the engine:  109's, 190's, I16, KI's, La's.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 08:11:31 PM »
CH controls locking up when in combat. Nowhere near speed where any kind of lockup should occur. Crashed only 2 times I upped. Unflyable with new update.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 09:02:20 PM »
Rifty stuff:

beta 15 - some tiles on the peripherals of my vision can be seen rendering in (ie when i look around I see a line of black diamonds on the sides of my vision)
beta 16 - it is fixed
beta 17 - it is back

radio box and other similar text boxes doesn't render properly unless I have the clipboard up. If I minimize the clipboard it kind of quarter renders one segment which changes in relation to head position.

The Tempest cockpit and 3D model looks atrocious. Waffle needs a beating.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 09:27:20 PM »
Updated no problem.

When firing the 8" guns on the cruiser there is no "reload" sound.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 10:04:59 PM »
Just also went and tested the following terrains in the AH3 SEA. Same routine as before enter arena, switch terrain, get booted out, enter arena, download terrain, spawn and fly.

• avachannel
  • avafinrus
  • avatunis
  • eur2015
  • ndisles

No problem downloading, entering, or spawning with any of these. I also was able to enter the AvA arena right now with no problem (it was using blksea).

Before I did any of this testing I went and deleted all my RES files for previous terrains I downloaded so that I got each terrain fresh (had to do a download for each).

Thanks ghostdancer, I followed your advice and reloaded blksea after finding the offmap problem still existed on this machine.

Whether I use CMEye or a P51d, when I fly off-map, I CTD. This could be due to my running on an i3 laptop with no vid card, or a weak wifi connection, I don't know but it's repeatable here. I'll test with a stronger wifi connection later but unless it clears up, I won't be reporting back.

Oh, and this was in the AvA.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 10:30:50 PM »
Continuing the report:

This was in the AvA on a fresh blksea download, from A119, flying due North.

I quickly re-entered and the AI must have been off-map because I CTD again. I did that because a dialog had previously told me I couldn't resume flight after 5 min.

The film is 47 sec.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
FINALLY!

I'm BACK!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Got her all sorted out and back in the saddle!

Ran AHBeta 16 Full Install w\o issues........

Opened it up to the Video Settings box just to see what happens........all came up normal....?

Updated w\ Patch 16 to 17........all went w\o a hitch.

Set all up in Video Settings and entered userID and password and went into game....all went w\o a hitch.

Set up HOTAS and went up in me ole Spitty......aahh the sweet feeling of cartoon flight again is intoxicating after a couple weeks of torture w\ this upgrade.

All working as expected and all looks good so far.

Ole Pudgie is back in the clubhouse!

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:38 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted or not.
Shooting a CV from a PT boat.  Lit up the tower, LOVE the new flames.  Really like how durable they are.  Sunk the carrier, the flames stayed right on course and kept going :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 04:43:38 AM »
Patch 16 to 17 Update ok, no problem.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 06:33:58 AM »
Oh, my testing of all the terrains was not testing flying off map and verifying it cause a CTD. It was testing the Terrain download error oboe and bustr got over in the Ava when they entered the arena.

Terrain Download Error
"Problem occurred while retrieving ah3terr/0x00029000.res"

I was not able to replicate that with any of the maps I setup it the SEA. Which means it could either be something specific to the AvA arena or possibly something with a terrain loading up that you already downloaded previously. After I deleted all my res files I only tested blksea and germany for that scenario and didn't get that problem. Also possibly it could have something to do with Mediterranean/ Desert (terrset03.res) tileset or the WW1 Eurpoe (terrset02.res) tilesets. All of the SEA 512 terrains either use Europe Summer (terrset00.res) or Pacific Summer (terrset01.res).

As for flying off the edge of the 4096x4096 height map (which is much easier to do on a 512 map since so you don't have to fly as far to reach the actual edge). Only one that can resolve that is HTC. Either they fix it or say you should't being flying off map in the first place then I would try to make a 32,000 ft ring wall at the edge of the map and move the few bases close to edge of the map (currently within 25 miles) farther out.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:41:04 AM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 12:04:57 PM »
AvA get error loading terrain and then app crash.

"Problem occurred while retrieving ah3terr/0x00029000.res"

Able to download AvA terrain and get into arena now. Thanks  :banana:
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 12:09:36 PM »
Got into the AvA fine today. P167 is inland and landlocked with no water in the ship berths.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »
Fixed and new version uploaded for blksea.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:36:53 PM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 12:40:51 PM »
The MOTD says you are loading up the Black Sea terrain for free play this week. And the water body in the terrain looks like the Black Sea. But the terrain only has the Terrain Building Team logo on the top left. That tiger flexing his bicep. I looked in my terrains to choose for offline and have a finrus and a black sea.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.