Author Topic: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 17857 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 12:42:52 PM »
Its blksea if it has that logo. blkseaw is the same except that map has the upper half in snow which is also shown on the clipboard.

P167 has been fixed and uploaded for both now.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »
Way up on that mountain I almost thought you were using it as a fort to cover a pass. It had nice retaining walls. You were only missing gun positions to fire down on the pass.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »
Naw just missed in the conversion although that is an interesting idea of how to use it since we don't need to connect to a Task Force or have boat spawns.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »
The AvA came back up sometime yesterday and blksea was what it loaded. Probably because that's what was running when it crashed.

I'm expecting the off-map issue to be resolved the same as in AHII. It's good to catch it now rather then later.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2016, 04:05:58 PM »
Some planes seem to have smoke in the cockpit when starting the engine:  109's, 190's, I16, KI's, La's.
Unless the smoke is transgressing INTO the cockpit like it wasn't there, it'll add ambiance. :D

On a different note, I was there when they started a Lancaster engines a couple years ago - smoke in the cockpit? Phppt... it was smokier than the British Cigar Gentlemen's Room in the cockpit.  And strange enough, the 'smell' of the smoke let them know how health the engine was starting as they could tell if there were smells they thought were 'off' or something was cooking.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2016, 01:13:59 PM »
TankLand

I was near Vbase 13 ....to the east about 5k when I brushed past a tree driving through a Forrest and got stuck.
I could not reverse, pull forward or move my M-8. I had to tower out.

CraterMA

If you go along the beach at any port you will encounter lots of invisible walls if you get within 50 feet of the water.
You have to back up and go around the wall. It is localized close to the water. I did not encounter any other walls near the ports......only by the water......so STAY OFF THE BEACH.   :D :D :D

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »
I have NO idea what's going on in the first and second film.  I'm polite, I am not trying to antagonize, somehow I'm the bad guy?

Last film, Mossy doesn't have sounds.  sound occasional.

Love the way the graphics look now, much smoother and looking fantastic!   :x  :banana:  :airplane:

Uncle Fred

Offline CptKidd

• Zinc Member
Aircraft panel bugs
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2016, 06:43:37 AM »
Hello all, just wanted to report a few bugs I found. The tempest is missing the blue and black on the artificial horizon as well as the compass markings. I also noticed in the lancaster that the oil temperature guage is also missing it's numbering. the needles are there just not the values. Sorry if this a known bug just trying to do my part. Thumbs up to team for AHIII. I havent had any problems with frames with the sliders wide open or anything like that. :rock :cheers: :cheers:

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »
Noticed that tree trunks from the Netherworld can be seen through water where the trees come near the waterfront. Tested this both with a plane and a boat in two different places. The images have some added brightness and contrast for better seeing what I mean.

For getting a screenshot I let the boat slowly swim engine off towards the beach. I must say the water is clear! When the boat hit the shore it flipped backwards and I ended up rolling and rolling and rolling in the grass, endlessly. Changing the view from internal to external didn't seem to change the whirling frog perspective.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2016, 11:13:05 AM »
I hit a tree with a panzer and not only would it not let the tank back away but seemed to be pulling the tank up into it. the branches were thrashing and the front of the tank seemed to be pulled up into them. This continued even after I shut down the engine.

499901,283,-113871,-5.1,-6.3,-131.7
craterma
FOV = 73.4
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2016, 11:17:04 AM »
Condor v. Carnivorous Trees

Day of the Tryffids.

OMG!

My tree was also violently hungry.

:cheers:
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
 :rofl  Nope, guess again...... Wompin' Willow...............  :joystick:

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 08:33:55 PM »
I think Patch 17 has Joystick Input Problem. :frown:
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »
Canopy hit and hole, hole has scratch.
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2016, 09:14:09 AM »
I think Patch 17 has Joystick Input Problem. :frown:

Like this?

X52 controls lock up in close combat situation.  No warning text, or neither was I moving the controls at any  :joystick: unusual manner.  Had a report from another player with X52 fighting with me with the exact same experience at that time.......  HELP!  I love my X52  :kiss: 

This was not a single occurance.  It had been happening all afternoon.  What files if any can I post to help diagnose the problem?

dxdiag.txt attached

HiTech also had a similar experience, yet I have not had any since.  So, I thought maybe it had been located and fixed somehow during this patch...   :headscratch:

Yes it is still part of the game.
Also while testing yesterday I was having same thing for a bit, I thought it was my JS battery, went away but not directly after the battery change.

HiTech

What were you doing at the time that you had a problem with joystick input?  What did the input do, or not do?