Author Topic: Tracers Fix  (Read 1802 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tracers Fix
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 10:42:13 AM »
GMan,

By the color of your reflector plate mask, I bet 12:00 is still a tad dark for real world 12:00 on your PC. It looks like your gamma is about 1.2. At 1.4 the plate itself becomes almost the same mask color as the windscreen.

Wonder how much of this is a light issue related to the semi transparent Icons that shift from that to full color than back, try turning off post lighting and look at your tracers.

Wonder if tracer brilliance is tied to the light source sun\moon just like gunsight reticles are?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »
I'll try your new settings and find out.  That was 1.2, I did put it up to 1.4 in the air, but it was SO bright that the ground was whitewashing out on me in the air then.

There are so many factors on the hardware end, I"ve always found AMD cards to be a bit dimmer than Nvidia, and the monitor settings are so different monitor to monitor.  Maxing gamma and 80 brightness on my ROG Swift is far different than on my Acer 4k Gsync, and even different than my other ROG Swift which is an IPS version.  Resolution played at is a factor too I think, I've noticed that 1080p is a lot different than 1440p in the beta.  Oddly, on my system at 1440p I get BETTER fps than at 1080p pretty much in every situation. 

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 05:26:47 PM »
Johnny Nash, "I can see clearly now......", seems to fit my experience.

I agree that while maneuvering, the tracers and hit sprites are less "vivid".  Conversely, they are wonderfully animated and an adjustment that I think is worth the effort.  Antialias, fogging, high screen resolution and low video contrast settings seem to be the culprits for those like semp that are unable to see them.  I can say this, because in the past, I also was unable to even see the field gun tracers.  Now, they are noticeably different but still clearly seen (most certainly at close range/ against dark backgrounds as Bustr has noted).