Author Topic: Tracer users  (Read 1613 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Tracer users
« on: April 27, 2016, 03:36:49 PM »
As a fellow tracer user, I have found that in AH3 my shooting is far off. The tracers and hit sprites are much harder to see... I wish I wasn't a tracer reliant shooter :( I noticed if I want to make the shots I make in AH2 I'm shooting about 30% more rounds... It's depressing  :cry

Anyone else feeling the pain as much as me?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: Tracer users
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 03:52:42 PM »
I can't get the cute girl in my Music Theory class to look at me, now thats depressing.  :cry
Top Gun

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 04:07:59 PM »
As a fellow tracer user, I have found that in AH3 my shooting is far off. The tracers and hit sprites are much harder to see... I wish I wasn't a tracer reliant shooter :( I noticed if I want to make the shots I make in AH2 I'm shooting about 30% more rounds... It's depressing  :cry

I don't know, I think at first it seemed wierd but I don't really see any differences other than smaller sprites. That being said, it seems the bullets actually work for me when I shoot someone, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 04:08:47 PM »
Tracers... lul

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 04:12:02 PM »
I can't get the cute girl in my Music Theory class to look at me, now thats depressing.  :cry

In the middle of the class just stand up and yell, "Hey everybody!  Look at me!"  Problem solved.  You're welcome.

Tracers- They do seem harder to see, same with hit sprites.  Not sure what to make of that yet.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »

Nope, my hit percentage has actually gone up in AH3 but then I don't use my tracers to aim, I use the gun sight for that.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »

How's life as a midshipman at the US Naval Academy?  Still on the wrestling team?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »
Nope, my hit percentage has actually gone up in AH3 but then I don't use my tracers to aim, I use the gun sight for that.
My bad habit is walking the tracers into the target :/
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 05:22:28 PM »
Jo,

What's yur problem, you got that neet Lil tumble to confuse em with when things get dicy...... :O

Now if you start doing it with a tank, I'm begging Hitech for the nuke so I can follow you around...... :ahand
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 05:57:56 PM »
I like them personally and like AKAK I seem to shoot better....probably because it couldn't get any worse from AH2...
How's life as a midshipman at the US Naval Academy?  Still on the wrestling team?
Ayeeee
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 06:20:31 PM »

He's now an Admiral and going to the Olympics.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 07:36:29 PM »
Joeachim, go into the beta forum, there are a couple in depth threads regarding this issue.  I figured it would be an issue of note once more people started flying the beta.  AckAck, I specifically thought of you the other day when testing tracers in AH3, they don't seem as affected with the P38 specifically for me, likely due to how the guns are mounted and the tracers seen.  Those who don't use tracers won't really notice as stated, but the Mosquito and P38 specifically I found to be a little easier, while for some reason the 109s are among the planes most affected by the change from AH2 to beta IMO.

IMO those players who use the tracers in AH2 to adjust their fire on to the target are going to have to relearn how to shoot a bit - I said this weeks ago, and have been waiting for other players to get into the beta and say something similar, and Jo being a known player with good accuracy saying much the same at least confirms it isn't all in my head, or just on my end. 

I've found that I have to get MUCH closer than in AH2 to get the same results in terms of accuracy - gone are the days of my high angle long range shots which made up a significant portion of my shooting.  It's not really a "bad" thing either, just a "new" thing, I think it'll come back, at least I hope so. 

I find this really interesting right now.  I think it breaks down like this in the game - primarily two types of shooters, those who use the sights, or A sight, and those who focus more on the target, like a point shooter would.  Sight users will be little affected as they aren't focusing on tracers, or even the target, but on the sights, which is typically/usually the "proper" way to shoot anything.  In this game however, many, myself included, focus on the targets and the tracers.  I tend to blend them, get a sight picture based on experience and the situation, and then fire and switch to a more point shooting sight picture, focusing on the tracers/target and look for sprite impacts to verify I'm on target.  Those who do this, who use the sight/sights initially and then stop focusing on them and look more at the target/tracers, will undoubtedly IMO have some issues with the new beta/AH3 tracers/sprites/etc.  Those who focus on the site and ignore tracers/sprites (having them off too of course), and keep the sight more in focus than the target aircraft, won't have to adjust much if at all.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:45:05 PM by Gman »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »
I can't get the cute girl in my Music Theory class to look at me, now thats depressing.

You have to let all the frogs out of the jars.  Then she's yours.

- oldman

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
I can't hit anything in AHIII.......but then I can't hit anything in AHII.......it does seem more difficult not to hit anything in the Beta though....... :old:

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 08:19:16 PM »

You have to let all the frogs out of the jars.  Then she's yours.

- oldman

He also needs a fat kid to stand on so he can kiss her.   :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."