Author Topic: Tracer users  (Read 1614 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Tracer users
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
whats a tracer?  :neener:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 02:07:22 AM »
I find this really interesting right now.  I think it breaks down like this in the game - primarily two types of shooters, those who use the sights, or A sight, and those who focus more on the target, like a point shooter would. 

I visually track the target and try to be aware of my 'sight' in the periphery & don't use tracers. What kind of shooting technique is that? What do clay pigeon shooters do Gman, do you know?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 03:19:21 AM »

I find this really interesting right now.  I think it breaks down like this in the game - primarily two types of shooters, those who use the sights, or A sight, and those who focus more on the target, like a point shooter would.  Sight users will be little affected as they aren't focusing on tracers, or even the target, but on the sights, which is typically/usually the "proper" way to shoot anything.  In this game however, many, myself included, focus on the targets and the tracers.

For about 9 years I flew with tracers off and during that time I read as much as I could (still do) on gunnery and practiced offline quite a bit and in the TA with the LCGS, learning the proper lead with the sight.  Forgot what reason but I turned tracers on and found that it was really no different for me aiming than with the tracers off since I wasn't depending on the tracers for aiming.  It also should go without mention that a good gun sight is very important.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 05:11:10 AM »
I find myself of late leaning more and more on tracers.  That is having an overall negative effect on my shooting albeit at first it seemed to work well.  My guess is, the tracers was a good supplement to using the gun-sight but then it became a crutch.  The bad part is, it is a hard habit to break without turning tracers off.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 06:31:45 AM »
It also should go without mention that a good gun sight is very important.

Which do you use?

Offline nickel5

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »
When I flew the AR234 in dogfights I had the tracers off and had a blast !
==<--O--O-->==

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 11:39:57 AM »
I can't get the cute girl in my Music Theory class to look at me, now thats depressing.  :cry
Tell them your an AH simpilot they will flock to you.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »
How's life as a midshipman at the US Naval Academy?  Still on the wrestling team?
Lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 12:06:38 PM »
How's life as a midshipman at the US Naval Academy?  Still on the wrestling team?

LOL.

:rock

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 12:11:08 PM »
I rarely use tracers, but I think they look cool so when I've flown lately (rarely) I've had them on. However I think it's imperative to learn to shoot without them. I also rarely shoot outside of 250 yards unless I have to. I'll use acm to acquire a gun solution, not spray from 600 yards on in as I try to follow the target. Maneuver to where I have a low angle shot 200-250 behind and let it rip.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »
It's mainly a FOV issue. Get used to it or change the FOV.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
Which do you use?

This sight.  It's highly accurate.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 01:33:31 PM »

Ohhhhh GAWD!!  Lmao!!!!  I knew that was coming!!!!  Hahahaha. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
I think Chalenge, GMAN, and I pushed the tracers issue to the max with Hitech and Skuzzy. We should wait until AH3 live since it's obvious the house is very aware of the tracers testing nonsense that got out of hand. You might say we killed Kenny in the process of having a stink fight.

Right now in the beta, for aircraft tracers, if you really need them that bad, set your FoV 80-100. I just spent 30 minutes with fov at 95 and it seems the overall average best to see tracers from all the fighters and have some peripheral vision. You don't really need zoom at 95 other than finding ground targets. Using the historically accurate reticles (1Mil = 2pixel) works easily between 80 and 100. Getting into larger FoV just use a dot with maybe one for rockets or go to zoom when you shoot.  As you get above 100, the reflector plate begins to get darker and the tracers proportionally smaller. You will have a sense of them out to about 400, but trying to see them individually is a waste of time right now.

Hitech and Skuzzy's message to us after we killed Kenny was along the lines of: You are here to find bugs and report them. Not try and find work arounds to them during the beta.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 02:37:57 PM »
:rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho