Author Topic: VH Pad  (Read 820 times)

Offline 2chance

• Copper Member
VH Pad
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
Is anyone having trouble launching a gv out of certain vehicle bases...the one im refering to is when you launch you;re sitting outside the motor pool on a slab of concrete..whenever i try the second the gv touches the grass it up ends..fast or slow makes no difference...thanks in advance

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: VH Pad
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:57:15 PM »
Any other clues you can offer? Is it the crater map? a particular field? do you brush against a building? online or offline?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 12:25:56 PM »
Is anyone having trouble launching a gv out of certain vehicle bases...the one im refering to is when you launch you;re sitting outside the motor pool on a slab of concrete..whenever i try the second the gv touches the grass it up ends..fast or slow makes no difference...thanks in advance

I seem to be having controller issues since a few patches back..... and noticed that has migrated into the vehicle mode calibration.  I experience similar "slow" start / roll action..... until I re-calibrate, and then it moves properly.  The problem is the calibration continues to be lost at seemingly anytime, and mostly from the beginning of a sortie ..... Thus I correlate my problem to the VH pad problem reported. 

I will attempt an offline film, to see if this can be reproduced for review.  Wish me luck.  :salute

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »
It is the Crater map. The new vbase when you come out of the hanger and try to go out to the Tower or Map room, when you first move off of the concrete ramp to the ground, the gv sinks into the ground much like a boat launching off the shore. The bad part is when it bounces back up boobing around, sometimes the gv flips over. Very frustrating if your trying to quickly get to the map room to defend. :mad:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
agreed.  when i was driving a jeep off the pad it was like riding a bull, or kinda like that jimmi stewart off road game for nintendo where the truck get out of whack after a jump and bounces all over.  maybe lessen the slope of the ramp or lower the elevation.

:salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 01:22:51 PM »
Tested the small VH pad ramp with an M8 and Jeep. Just after leaving the ramp onto the flat grass both vehicles bounce up about 10ft. The jeep nose dives into the ground before the bounce to the level of the hood. After the bounce if it hits a wall, gets stuck there with controller inputs disabled. Towering is the only solution.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »
Is this just a single field? A particular field, or one size of a field?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »
I'm thinking it is a global problem with the small vbase object.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 03:49:17 PM »
It happens at all smallest size vehicle fields in CraterMA (there are now 3 different vehicle base sizes).  It does not happen at any of the smallest vehicle fields in Tankland, only CraterMA.  It has happened to every person I've seen drive off that starting pad.  It does not happen driving back onto the pad.  I think the pad ramp is too steep and when you drive off it at anything above a very slow speed your vehicles nose gets pushed below ground.  Often, if you are going slow and hug the edge of the building you can get out.  Sometimes if you go too fast, you will fall entirely below ground and have to resort to Alt-F4.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »
I was on the tankland map in the center of the map as a knight, that would be 2 oclock from the center of the map.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 04:48:06 PM »
I'm thinking it is a global problem with the small vbase object.

I think your right Bustr, it appears to happen at any mini Vbase.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »
I checked all the small v-bases on Tankland: none have the problem.  I only see it on small v-bases on CraterMA. 

(Now if you pick a fast vehicle, like a Jeep, and accelerate too fast, fly off the ramp, and roll your vehicle, then yes you can fall through the ground, but that's a different problem that can happen anywhere.  The original problem happens no matter how fast you are going, and only coming off the small v-base ramps in CraterMA.)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 08:47:51 PM »
Well I suppose it could be unique to Crater, as I did not check any other map.  :o
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 12:45:33 PM »
I decided to test after JimmyD3s post. 

Note only one field tested 1 in Tank Capture Arena Map, result no bounce.

Note only one field tested 1 in Greebo CraterMa Map f148, result bounced.

Print screen from ahfilm shows the tank shovels beneath the terain.  Possibly a glitch in the elevation / leveling application for the tilted ramp.  The resulting action is that of a collision where the tank is bouncing from the ground as if it had hit a structure at full speed.

Also note the bounce / shovel does not occur when rolling up onto the ramp.  My conclusion the concrete ramp guides the tracks of the tank until the "solid" surface of the ground takes over.  In the case where the ground's surface was surpassed, the animation becomes a slingshot of sorts.

Edit:  Good news from HiTech.  :aok

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:59:20 PM by Chilli »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 12:52:23 PM »
We duplicated the issue, haven't had a chance to debug it yet.