Author Topic: Internet Browsers  (Read 1686 times)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Internet Browsers
« on: May 16, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
I am currently using Microsoft edge that came with my windows 10 but for some reason some web images are missing. What is the best and safest web browser to use? All I have in my thoughts right now is firefox and google chrome...Any better thoughts??....I need the safest one.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Internet Browsers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »
I hate Edge, the old internet explorer is buried on Win10, and I use that.
As for "best" there isn't one, I've downloaded and tried them all, it's all personal preference.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 01:43:47 PM »
I hate Edge, the old internet explorer is buried on Win10, and I use that.
As for "best" there isn't one, I've downloaded and tried them all, it's all personal preference.
Which one would you guys prefer? Google Chrome or firefox?
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 02:15:32 PM »
I've been using chrome for quite awhile and I like it but at the end of the day I think it's largely personal preference. I always stuck with chrome as it seemed a bit faster to me, your mileage may vary. Good browsing habits along with addons such as ublock origin, HTTPseverywhere (what I use anyway) will keep you about as safe as you can get online without getting more involved. I do stress the safe browsing habits part as well as taking a look at skuzzys posts for the  security settings to use for the internet options for your browser of choice. ALso for what it's worth, last I recall he was using a firefox based browser called palemoon but I never messed with it myself.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
I use Palemoon............Best??? I don't know....but my reasoning is because it is an independent....They are probably in the pocket in some way or form but they are not google,microsoft etc etc

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:21:25 PM »
I'm trying OPERA out. It has the ad blocker option. Use the Android version as well, it does kill a bunch of crap. Both use GOOGLE as homepage/search engine.
Bandwidth speedtests, HTML5 speed tests did score higher with OPERA than IE11......................... ........?
 :salute
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 05:23:29 PM »
You guys block ads, but use Google for a search engine? Now that's funny!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »

duckduckgo!
Retired

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 06:26:33 PM »

and we should be using ....................?
I always found google to work best, least crap on their search pages. Tried BING once, NOooooo! Besides I figure with all the telemetrics crap happening, the fact that I have already exposed myself to google, might as well stick with google instead of allowing another group to farm me. What I use a browser and s engine for is minor.
The ad block affects the actual websites more, it certainly gets better pop up kill results than IE. Either way IE support is going away, I will have to change from IE eventually.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 06:39:52 PM »
You can use what ever you want, but I find that funny. I block ads another way, and mostly for news sites more than things like YouTube. I want to see ads on YouTube, because they are mostly focused upon what I am looking for. If I look for a video, or google something, I expect to find it in the suggested sells on Amazon when I go there, and I am not disappointed. Facebook is the one site that just cannot get itself together in the ads department. Facebook should be ad blocked at all times. It is my opinion that the nob running that site is just wired wrong.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 02:11:48 AM »
---I want to see ads on YouTube, because they are mostly focused upon what I am looking for.---

Really? When YouTube started showing ads, people called me for advice, because the ad both in the video and aside it said in a Windows message style that their computer was s-l-o-w. I can't figure out the link between "oldie but goldie" tunes and a less reputable registry cleaner. The last ad I saw on YouTube was either about banking, insurance or traveling, the video being either an AH or woodworking tutorial. Of course your mileage may vary, my cookies get removed every time I shut down the browser so there's no database for focusing.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 02:30:08 AM »
Ah, let me have a look real quick . . .

Angry Birds the movie, Newegg, vacation Maritius, Victoria Golf Club getaway, Royal Melbourne, Carnival Ship Tour, Travel with Carnival, Disney, . . . I don't know how the Ducati ad got in there . . . Chrysler Pacifica, Swiss Ultralight and so on.

We might actual take them up on the Mauritius vacation, because they have those underwater scooter things. I am staying out of Europe right now, but Melbourne has a lot to offer, so . . .

Offline 633DH98

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »
The reason I don't use Chrome is the Google Updater that gets installed and is always running in the a background on system startup.

Used to use Firefox until they decided they wanted to look like Chrome with their Australis.  I still use it on Linux with retro interface plugins.

I use Pale Moon though it can be annoying at times when web pages update only to work with newer mainstream browsers and I have to modify the about:config useragent overrides.

I even still use IE 11 for HBO:Go since I have problems on it with every other browser I've tried, don't know about Chrome since I don't use it except on Linux for Netflix.

Browser choice is such a PITA.
DecoyDuc  2 Nov 2008 - 16 Nov 2008  RIP

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 01:45:39 PM »
IE11, and now Edge have the best HDCP, and for whatever reason receives streaming video more reliably than the other browsers. Disney in particular and Sony as well absolutely refuse to stream to non-HDCP compliant browsers, and especially devices. Many of the services will act oddly if you use Firefox, even if it says that Firefox is supported and I think it's because of the way the browser is configured? I usually leave IE11 and Edge alone, so they are in a more pristine condition.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 10:15:41 AM »
I've got Win 10 on my machines and still use IE.  Edge is crap.  I used Chrome on my old machine for a very short time.  It seems ok but I prefer IE.  I haven't used another browser since the old Netscape Navigator days.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.