Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 16938 times)

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2016, 12:04:30 PM »
Ahh Pipz you magnificent SOB, I see you been hanging with the wrong crowd again.

Repent Komrad Repent!!!  :old:  :D  :cheers:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2016, 12:50:19 PM »
When you shame players for not playing like you want them to, consider that they can also avoid you by not playing at all.

Yup.. thats why I log in maybe once a week when I normally would 4+ days.

Huge maps and lack of fights.

Doesnt seem like anyone plays the way I want them to.  :D

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2016, 01:09:44 PM »
if everyone flew at 30k so they have alt and run soon as they know they won't win the fight imagine how boring the game would be, the ones willing to fight win lose or draw is the ones that make it fun the pickers make it boring, it dont matter if you die if you learned something from the fight then you never really lost. up another plane and come back and do it all over again and stop being a sissy.

There's always War Thunder!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »
Yup.. thats why I log in maybe once a week when I normally would 4+ days.

Huge maps and lack of fights.

Doesnt seem like anyone plays the way I want them to.  :D

If one person can't find a fight it's a problem. If two people can't find a fight you're all set.  :aok

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2016, 01:19:25 PM »
  AH is designed for us to have make believe combat in the awesome hardware of WWII, without any danger to ourselves.  Kill and die over and over again. 

Good grief... Your interpretation of what is, was and meant to be is ENTIRELY YOURS.  NOT EVERYONE ELSE'S. 

THERE          ARE          THOSE          WHO            DO            NOT           WANT          TO           PLAY          YOUR          WAY

:bhead

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:21:55 PM by Tumor »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2016, 02:48:04 PM »
  There's always War Thunder!

and il2 Stalingrad  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »
And there is also the reason we started to play AH....  and it sure wsn't to fly 30 K bomber missions and stay away from conflict....this just seems to be a progression for some who can't handle loss and can only acknowledge win win win... Apparently WinWinWin is supposed to be a right these days not something fought for. It is unfortunate
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:56:25 PM by SPKmes »

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
Ishare my flighttime in Cliff of Dover and AH nowadays, specially duing the one-week big maps.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »
there is always other games that really helps soon enough people will be on other games and this one wont be alive how the hell they are keeping it going with the numbers we got now is beyond me either alot of people still pay and dont play or they are running it on there dime but 200 players in the MA at peak is boring just like lazer i cant log on anymore because its just not fun. chasing a guy 5 sectors to 30k for a fight is not worth my time and obviously many other feel the same way judging by how fast the game numbers keep dropping.
G3-MF

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »
One thing I learned about when flying a Tempest for the whole tour, was that I had to refuse defensive manuevers on planes that gained my 6. I had to literally extend away from the entire fight everytime I made a pass. In retrospect, it's just a BnZer. I cringed at the fact that I had a P51 or yak behind me, and I couldn't risk getting in a slow turn fight.  The Temp is horrendous at that. This was the most boring type of flying for me. So I ask myself. Is it worth it to fly the fastest planes in the game, just to not worry about dying, but not being able to fight it out against other planes. Or would I rather get kills counterpunching planes on my 6 and being able to take on planes 1 v 1 or 1v2 without having to extend away every time? That's why I'm able to get a lot more kills per sortie than most BnZers. When you learn how to get different types of kills in this game it makes it a lot more fun and challenging. This game isn't fair in terms of player game style. You have to really understand the fight. but if you only fly with one "lazy" game style. You prolly aren't having as much fun as you could be.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:10:48 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2016, 03:13:36 PM »
One thing I learned about when flying a Tempest for the whole tour, was that I had to refuse defensive manuevers on planes that gained my 6. I had to literally extend away from the entire fight everytime I made a pass. In retrospect, it's just a BnZer. I cringed at the fact that I had a P51 or yak behind me, and I couldn't risk getting in a slow turn fight, because the Temp is horrendous at that.

In the MA, the Temp can quite well engage a P-51 in a close dogfight. It's more than capable for that kind of fight. The main problem in that case could be that you will get quickly jumped upon by everybody else, as everybody yould like to kill that temp almost as much as they would like to bag a Me 262.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:16:08 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2016, 03:30:52 PM »
And there is also the reason we started to play AH....  and it sure wsn't to fly 30 K bomber missions and stay away from conflict....this just seems to be a progression for some who can't handle loss and can only acknowledge win win win... Apparently WinWinWin is supposed to be a right these days not something fought for. It is unfortunate

THERE          ARE          THOSE          WHO            DO            NOT           WANT          TO           PLAY          YOUR          WAY

:bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2016, 03:35:37 PM »

:bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead   :bhead

"There are those" = 95% of the people in the MA.

It is real fun to play in a game where most people wanna run for their virtual lives.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2016, 03:36:18 PM »
It is unfortunate

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member