Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 16981 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
mandatory alt limits when <300 players
silly when was the last time you saw 300 people in the MA :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2016, 12:19:26 PM »
if you want to kill somebody-look for me-I don't run-and prob the the worst pilot in Ah :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »

exactly.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »
kinda like walking into a room of vegetarians, only there is 2 vegetarians in a gym, when you fly into the only dar bar and there is a 20k 190 hovering over his base, sometimes you wonder why you even showed up.  :bhead

:airplane:

+1 for alt limits when <300 players online.

:salute

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
if the speeds are >300 IAS the temp can just spiral climb away from the 51, and basically reverse him willingly, with its high climb rate.

The Temp only has the advantage if it is going faster or if it is higher than the P51. The only way a Temp would technically win is if the Temp surprised the P51 by using its speed to pull a very sharp first emmilman and get inside the P51 to throw em off guard. This would kill most of the Temps E, and the Temp would have to extend away if it didn't get the shot. The Temp probably could extend away out of reach of the P51 and get away in most cases. If the Temp got slow with the P51 its game over. If the Temp cannot rope the P51 off the merge, it's game over or at least it is now in the defensive position. I was merely using it as an example that I couldn't easily counter planes in a defensive position while flying the Temp, which made it a boring game syle for me. I could simply run from everything. The fastest planes are at the ultimate advantage, but the style to fly those planes (mostly BnZ) is IMO, the most boring style of game play. Now BnZ in a spit, La, or 109 is little more difficult because 7-10 times you will end up getting in a turn fight or wasting all your E trying to kill a lower con after the first over shoot. In planes like 190Ds or Temps, it's not a good idea to waste all your E on 1 or 2 passes for a kill because they don't act well at slow speeds, therefore, you are left flying straight for most of the time after you engage or get engaged. While this was the object in real war ( to go as fast as possible and still be versatile), in this game it can just make it boring because you come up to a lot of Mid and early war planes that you can easily extend away from at any point regardless of your position. If you never want to actually challenge yourself with your flying positions and gameplay. Just grab the fastest planes and extend from any chance of trouble. Seems typical for a lot of MAers today who really dont know any other styles of air combat.

This is by no reason the games fault. I'm just using it as an example of how a planes' strength can make the game a lot easier.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:37:09 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nickel5

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2016, 01:43:04 PM »
I could always catch any runners with the Ar234 and if they wanted to dog fight we could do that too! ==<--O--O-->==

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »
It's okay Tumor, I'd hate to embarrass you with flight statistics.

I often find it a great measure of a person in AH when they pull out MA stats as relevant ;)

Offline shift8

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2016, 04:29:42 PM »
The original post has got be about the most silly complaint I've ever seen. Even for the AH forums.  :rofl

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2016, 06:05:27 PM »
I often find it a great measure of a person in AH when they pull out MA stats as relevant ;)

In some cases it is important.

Some guys is complaining about something, or defends how game play is awesome and you look and find out he hasn't logged into the main arena in over a year.

Someone may go on and on about a certain fighter and you check and find out he hasn't flown it because he is strictly a buff guy, or even a GV guy.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
I could always catch any runners with the Ar234 and if they wanted to dog fight we could do that too! ==<--O--O-->==
nkl5 where the heck have you been-I miss get tailgunned by you

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2016, 06:28:12 PM »
either alot of people still pay and dont play or they are running it on there dime but 200 players in the MA at peak is boring just like lazer i cant log on anymore because its just not fun.

I enjoyed the beginning of the month, but now when I log in and always see a large map with less than 140 players, I just log off. It simply isn't worth staring at the screen for 30 minutes and logging off anyway.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
In some cases it is important.

Some guys is complaining about something, or defends how game play is awesome and you look and find out he hasn't logged into the main arena in over a year.

Someone may go on and on about a certain fighter and you check and find out he hasn't flown it because he is strictly a buff guy, or even a GV guy.

There are players who only play in the DA or SEA. And tbh AH typically doesn't change that much in a year.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2016, 07:09:42 PM »

Maybe I should just post silly memes instead....

How wouldn't they be relevant? You got someone in a P51 or Temp going 45 kills with 28 sorties and 18 deaths (just an example). That's a great indicator to me the player hasn't fully grasped the scope of their plane and their situational awareness. I see people with 3 kills per hour  and have 5 total kills with 2 deaths. Then they will tell me, "well that's just realistic flying, I don't like to die a lot.". That's BS just by looking at their stats. Instead of learning to be better at the game and winning fights, they are happy getting 1 or 2 kills with 35 minutes of gas flying at 39K and darting off at the sign of loss advantage.

Then you got the top scores who only fly those types of planes and sometimes I just wonder how they'd fair in a more challenging plane where they can't run away every time.

If that's how you want to fly so be it.

Here you go Vulcan. Try being Top 5 fighters next tour in any other plane besides a Temp, 190D, P51D, or 262. Maybe you'll realize that it actually does take some knowledge of perfectness to reach that level without flying crutch planes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:41:07 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2016, 07:36:12 PM »

there were almost 500 players playing friday in both ma and fso.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2016, 09:03:17 PM »
There are players who only play in the DA or SEA. And tbh AH typically doesn't change that much in a year.

and how would playing in the DA or SEA really relate to the main arena? Nothing like it and so that player is either an idiot or trolling, neither of which some people would want to waste my time reading and considering their opinion/view point.

I have been here since tour 21, game play.... not the game has change drastically.