Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 16788 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »
Flying to lose is, well....stupid.

Who the hell flies to lose? I fly to win! If you can't catch me, tough tutu. If you take off too late and can't get alt, I'm not going to blow 15k of alt just so you can shoot at me.

You know where the excitement is? Watching your base and town get blown to pieces while you gawk helplessly to stop it.

So keep sitting there on the deck hoping and praying for someone to dive down to you, and put their tail right in your gunsight. Then you can come here and complain about it some more.

Absolutely.  If you are a guy with no patience, unwilling to spend the time to fly to 30K to shoot down a set of buffs at 30K, guess what, you don't get to shoot those buffs down.  If you are a buff driver unwilling to spend the time or have the patience to fly to alt before getting to your target...guess what......it's unlikely you will complete many missions.  Complete means to at least land one buff after hitting your target.

If you are a guy in a turny bird complaining about high alt BnZers not fighting you on your terms, guess what, too bad, get in an interceptor and chase them down.  What's that you say?  That's not how you want to play?  Well there must be dozens of guys just waiting to fight you because they are all here, taking your side, lamenting the current gameplay.  Why don't you guys just call out "Furball at field XXX, come join us!"

I know you high buff drivers know me, because we engage each other regularly.  I look forward to that fight.  I find it extremely exciting.  I've made an investment to get up to you.  You've made an investment to get to that alt by flying for quite some time while climbing.  Both of us want to succeed but there is a bit more at stake then the low guys have.  If either of us die, we can't immediately re engage, we have to spend the time again.  I often wonder how you feel, after I've made a first pass on your buffs and you get that message "You've been shot down by Zoney" and you see me climbing back up to get back in position for that second pass.  Is it as thrilling for you as it is for me?  Because I've gotten the message You have shot down XXXXXX", and I know you are good in your guns, I know I can't make a mistake, and I know you are ready.

There is one game here, and a thousand ways to play it, almost the same number of ways you can complain about it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:36:51 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »
I flew today for the first time this month (things have been too busy at home to get on).  Took up the Yak 9T for some light scenario practice. 

Killed lots, died a few times, which is rare for me because I'm usually un-touchable bordering on cheat.  I blame the crappy plane I was flying because the only trouble I ran into was dogfighting spitfires.  Still managed to take a few with me but I can see how people get bent out of shape about how even an average pilot can look good in such an awesome ride.   

Tried to get OBX to start a Fuss about politics but my bait must have gotten stinky.   :(   

Helped capture about 4 Bish bases and the one that got away was a goon attempt behind enemy lines.   Landed on a mountain with the goon, as our other one got killed,  smashed my wing tips off on trees like my C47 was some kind of monster truck. Then got all the way to the edge of town driving along the ground to find a bloody M3 resupply dude sat at map room.  :mad:  So I go AFK to make a cup of tea and he is still sat there engine off when I return.   I think what the hell I'll let them go.  A slight hill covered the troop approach so I hoped he wasn't watching.   Then he awoke and killed my troops.   :(

I'd just like to say well done Popeye44.  Not many would read the game well enough to understand what craziness was going on but stubborn determination not to lose a base won that one.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
Yeah, I'd find a new game.

Realistic flying is fine, even preferred, in special events. But in the MA, fight or go home.

Great advice. Quit the game!

Theres a hundred ways to play and approach AH gameplay, all are valid from a client perspective. If a pilot decides to place a value on his virtual pilots life, so be it, work harder to kill him/her...................that value he has placed on his virtual life makes a kill all that sweeter.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 06:12:23 PM »
I understand the player looking to "Play the way they want", the frustration stems from the total lack of numbers. If you have 600 players and 10% like to furball it is pretty easy to find those 60 players all packed together. With 100+ players it is a bit tougher for those 10+ players to find each other, especially on these large maps.

I think it will be worst with AH3 as I think we will see more players doing the GV thing.

Only time will tell.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 07:43:30 PM »

Theres a hundred ways to play and approach AH gameplay, all are valid from a client perspective. If a pilot decides to place a value on his virtual pilots life, so be it, work harder to kill him/her...................that value he has placed on his virtual life makes a kill all that sweeter.

First, you obviously don't understand hyperbole.

Second, the point is this, most players who justify their cowardly running as being "historically realistic" or a "simulation" shun the special events that cater to those qualities. I see their actions for what they really are, a total unwillingness to fight without a total advantage and a total inability to handle losing in a game.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 07:53:23 PM »
devil, everybody in ah is a coward.  we like to fly in an environment where nothing happens to us.

as for me I'll turn fight you till I know I cant kill you then I'll run if I have to extend, get alt or do rtb.  you want a kill, then work for your food, cause I am not gonna give up my plane just because you expect it.

and btw nobody loses or wins in this game.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 08:04:06 PM »
Absolutely.  If you are a guy with no patience, unwilling to spend the time to fly to 30K to shoot down a set of buffs at 30K, guess what, you don't get to shoot those buffs down.  If you are a buff driver unwilling to spend the time or have the patience to fly to alt before getting to your target...guess what......it's unlikely you will complete many missions.  Complete means to at least land one buff after hitting your target.

If you are a guy in a turny bird complaining about high alt BnZers not fighting you on your terms, guess what, too bad, get in an interceptor and chase them down.  What's that you say?  That's not how you want to play?  Well there must be dozens of guys just waiting to fight you because they are all here, taking your side, lamenting the current gameplay.  Why don't you guys just call out "Furball at field XXX, come join us!"

I know you high buff drivers know me, because we engage each other regularly.  I look forward to that fight.  I find it extremely exciting.  I've made an investment to get up to you.  You've made an investment to get to that alt by flying for quite some time while climbing.  Both of us want to succeed but there is a bit more at stake then the low guys have.  If either of us die, we can't immediately re engage, we have to spend the time again.  I often wonder how you feel, after I've made a first pass on your buffs and you get that message "You've been shot down by Zoney" and you see me climbing back up to get back in position for that second pass.  Is it as thrilling for you as it is for me?  Because I've gotten the message You have shot down XXXXXX", and I know you are good in your guns, I know I can't make a mistake, and I know you are ready.

There is one game here, and a thousand ways to play it, almost the same number of ways you can complain about it.

Good post Zoney.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 09:08:12 PM »
Dang... I almost forgot.  Ya know, there's always the DA.  You gotta in-game comm's system right?  Anyone holding your keyboard/microphone hostage?  Invite people to go DA your happy little turnyburny hearts away, all night even! :banana:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »

Then you also have the off the map types in B-29s who go to great lengths to be sure no one will be about to shoot them down.

First make ammo strat flash for hours with a squad mate nearby so nobody will bother any longer to see why strat is flashing.

Then come in from the north from off the map so nobody can possibly shoot you down until your back on the map.

Hey presto bomb target turn off map again & home you go.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2016, 09:51:06 PM »
Flying to lose is, well....stupid.

Who the hell flies to lose? I fly to win! If you can't catch me, tough tutu. If you take off too late and can't get alt, I'm not going to blow 15k of alt just so you can shoot at me.

You know where the excitement is? Watching your base and town get blown to pieces while you gawk helplessly to stop it.

So keep sitting there on the deck hoping and praying for someone to dive down to you, and put their tail right in your gunsight. Then you can come here and complain about it some more.

I'm in the fight while you are at 30k watching helplessly while your bases change color...... and that is before you even drop your first bomb. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2016, 11:27:58 PM »
Good post Zoney.

Agreed.  Even though I empathize with the OP.

- oldman

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 12:13:24 AM »
  I often wonder how you feel, after I've made a first pass on your buffs and you get that message "You've been shot down by Zoney" and you see me climbing back up to get back in position for that second pass.  Is it as thrilling for you as it is for me?  Because I've gotten the message You have shot down XXXXXX", and I know you are good in your guns, I know I can't make a mistake, and I know you are ready.

I always have fun battling you Zoney!    :salute    :)

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »

Perhaps Farmville might suit you well...can't die there.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 12:32:29 AM »
if everyone flew at 30k so they have alt and run soon as they know they won't win the fight imagine how boring the game would be, the ones willing to fight win lose or draw is the ones that make it fun the pickers make it boring, it dont matter if you die if you learned something from the fight then you never really lost. up another plane and come back and do it all over again and stop being a sissy.
G3-MF

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 02:17:06 AM »
Awww... Is the con not playing the game the way you'd like him to play? ... Here have a cookie.

Amazing what some people think they're entitled to demand of others.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."