Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 16791 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 03:41:20 AM »
I flew today for the first time this month (things have been too busy at home to get on).  Took up the Yak 9T for some light scenario practice. 

Killed lots, died a few times, which is rare for me because I'm usually un-touchable bordering on cheat.  I blame the crappy plane I was flying because the only trouble I ran into was dogfighting spitfires.  Still managed to take a few with me but I can see how people get bent out of shape about how even an average pilot can look good in such an awesome ride.   

Tried to get OBX to start a Fuss about politics but my bait must have gotten stinky.   :(   

Helped capture about 4 Bish bases and the one that got away was a goon attempt behind enemy lines.   Landed on a mountain with the goon, as our other one got killed,  smashed my wing tips off on trees like my C47 was some kind of monster truck. Then got all the way to the edge of town driving along the ground to find a bloody M3 resupply dude sat at map room.  :mad:  So I go AFK to make a cup of tea and he is still sat there engine off when I return.   I think what the hell I'll let them go.  A slight hill covered the troop approach so I hoped he wasn't watching.   Then he awoke and killed my troops.   :(

I'd just like to say well done Popeye44.  Not many would read the game well enough to understand what craziness was going on but stubborn determination not to lose a base won that one.

a day in the life. 

The enjoyment below 15k

I guess I understand why people do it, maybe thats what irks me, but the never ending game of who can climb the highest degrades my time and our fun. Thats my opinion, and the guy that wants to play the climb and wait it out game, well , there he is, playing that game.  Lame.

:airplane:

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2016, 03:51:58 AM »
On the other side of the stick:

Took off in a 190A8 to fly to a field with full radar bar, with 100% fuel, take-off field radar was down. flashing, but from tower it looked good.
It wasn't...

Got jumped by 2 strafing F4u's 'with my gear still down, which resulted in an aux fuel leak, and one gear gone.

I managed to to fly beneath tree top level to get some speed up and pulled up to meet the 1rst incoming F4u again, managed to avoid him, but 2nd F4u stitched my A8, PW'ed me, one ron, and also one cannon gone (I had a 2 cannon configuration fortunately).

I turned immediately back to field, turning and twisting below treetops, before the imminent pilot wound nap, and landed gear up before they took another pass on me.

One or 2 acks were still up and that was too scary for these brave men.

"why did you land Rook 190 ?, fight us lame ackrunner !

Well was I a lame ackrunner ?
Alone in the the singlemost worse turnfighter AH (hopefully) ever will produce, with 100% fuel, gear still down when the "fight" started, jumped by two superior planes, with loads of E, and later PW'ed and 190s only advantage or rolling gone.

I say no !

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 07:14:40 AM »
a day in the life. 

The enjoyment below 15k

I guess I understand why people do it, maybe thats what irks me, but the never ending game of who can climb the highest degrades my time and our fun. Thats my opinion, and the guy that wants to play the climb and wait it out game, well , there he is, playing that game.  Lame.

:airplane:
I have little problems with 30k fighter. If they want to take a shot at me they have to come down.

30k bombers are an other issue. They are immune up there and can still drop a bomb down a well from that alt, then dive away at 450 mph... while gunning... in formation.

Many players just leave their plane on auto climb, go surf for pr0n and then return when their plane is in danger of colliding with sputnik. It is a problems only when they can attack from that altitude.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 07:17:51 AM »
Many players just leave their plane on auto climb, go surf for pr0n and then return when their plane is in danger of colliding with sputnik. It is a problems only when they can attack from that altitude.

Shame on you Bozon! I spend that time reading the Bible.  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 07:22:21 AM »
On the other side of the stick:

Took off in a 190A8 to fly to a field with full radar bar, with 100% fuel, take-off field radar was down. flashing, but from tower it looked good.
It wasn't...

Got jumped by 2 strafing F4u's 'with my gear still down, which resulted in an aux fuel leak, and one gear gone.

I managed to to fly beneath tree top level to get some speed up and pulled up to meet the 1rst incoming F4u again, managed to avoid him, but 2nd F4u stitched my A8, PW'ed me, one ron, and also one cannon gone (I had a 2 cannon configuration fortunately).

I turned immediately back to field, turning and twisting below treetops, before the imminent pilot wound nap, and landed gear up before they took another pass on me.

One or 2 acks were still up and that was too scary for these brave men.

"why did you land Rook 190 ?, fight us lame ackrunner !

Well was I a lame ackrunner ?
Alone in the the singlemost worse turnfighter AH (hopefully) ever will produce, with 100% fuel, gear still down when the "fight" started, jumped by two superior planes, with loads of E, and later PW'ed and 190s only advantage or rolling gone.

I say no !
he he  :lol

I also love it when a late war monster decides to blow 15k feet to take a shot at that low mossie and end up in a Loose Deuce trap - then complain about being ganged in his super plane by 1943 high ENY fighters  :D

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 07:25:07 AM »
Jebus is my co pilot  :angel:

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2016, 07:25:38 AM »
Jebus is my co pilot  :angel:

Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :aok  :D

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »
he he  :lol

I also love it when a late war monster decides to blow 15k feet to take a shot at that low mossie and end up in a Loose Deuce trap - then complain about being ganged in his super plane by 1943 high ENY fighters  :D

Epic situation!  :joystick:  :neener:

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2016, 08:34:05 AM »
If you have a decent gaming rig and 25 bucks you can get the P51 in DCS, where the majority will fight. Then again... Most who play this game would break the P51 rather quickly flying at full power and RPM on the deck. Other than learning engine management, it's a simple aircraft as far as startup goes. Or of you have a bit more cash laying around, you can get the D9, K4, or wait for the P47 to be released.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2016, 09:14:49 AM »
+1

real war, fly smart or die.
AH simulation, peeps demand real life style combat, until they realize its mostly boring for hours on end except for 30 secs of abject fear, then they want unreal war play for its entertainment value. Truly amazing the stances peeps will take to force what they say they do not really want, in their game play, something unreal.
I imagine peeps methods would change if there was a 5 min time limit for staying dead......................... .........
 :salute

Yes, I do want entertainment value for my $15/month.  Is avoiding combat and being bored for hours, for only 30 seconds of fear what we're all here for?  If it was, FSO would be 24/7 and the Main Arena would not exist.

This game doesn't come within a country mile of what real war is like.  AH is designed for us to have make believe combat in the awesome hardware of WWII, without any danger to ourselves.  Kill and die over and over again.  The aspects of base taking and strategic destruction are only to provide a context to the fight.  You attack, I defend.  We fight.  That's what it's supposed to be about.

I imagine peeps methods would change if there was a 5 min time limit for staying dead

Are you certain that five minutes is realistic enough?  How about everyone that dies gets banned from the game forever?

That would be a hoot!

BTW, I do want everyone "fly my way" - as in I want everyone to be shooting at each other.  BNZ, TNB, or any combination thereof.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:30:19 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2016, 09:53:16 AM »
BTW, I do want everyone "fly my way" - as in I want everyone to be shooting at each other.  BNZ, TNB, or any combination thereof.

:aok
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2016, 10:05:58 AM »
Yes, I do want entertainment value for my $15/month.  Is avoiding combat and being bored for hours, for only 30 seconds of fear what we're all here for?  If it was, FSO would be 24/7 and the Main Arena would not exist.

This game doesn't come within a country mile of what real war is like.  AH is designed for us to have make believe combat in the awesome hardware of WWII, without any danger to ourselves.  Kill and die over and over again.  The aspects of base taking and strategic destruction are only to provide a context to the fight.  You attack, I defend.  We fight.  That's what it's supposed to be about.

Are you certain that five minutes is realistic enough?  How about everyone that dies gets banned from the game forever?

That would be a hoot!

Well said!

I think if there was a restructure of the points system.

Buff runs only give you a quarter of the points/perks earned if you land with out any kills, full points for RTBin with just one kill.

Fighters the same thing, one quarter of the points/perks, but get just one kill and you get full points.

This at least would bring in the "points" players. Im sure there will still be those that fear death at any cost, but at least there would be a bit more incentive to "fight" for everyone.

If those "looking for action" (... and this is the biggest reason my son "the gamer" wont play, not enough action) continue to leave looking for action in other games it will be more of a ghost town than what we are building now.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2016, 10:19:29 AM »

Ahh Pipz you magnificent SOB, I see you been hanging with the wrong crowd again.

Chuikov

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2016, 11:41:55 AM »
 :rofl :rofl
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2016, 12:01:34 PM »
When you shame players for not playing like you want them to, consider that they can also avoid you by not playing at all.