Author Topic: Beta 27 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 27 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »
What I meant was that there is a slider for environment map that so far in beta, robs framerates and only produces updates to the reflection images (in other words, most folks simply set it to none).  Also, I specifically mentioned the box in reference to anything purchased and not specifically designed to overclock and super cool.  I don't know anyone that would sell you anything that any of the warranties from manufacturers had been broken.

Third point that I missed to make, is that in beta there are sometimes very good reasons for loss in framerates.  It is important that you do report your framerates during this process, but simply saying that they did not meet a benchmark that you had expected is not as helpful (although I get the feeling that was not your intention).

What I would do if I were you:

• Post your dxdiag.txt in this thread.  It will hold a number of other variables that could be bottlenecks.
  • Report the in game settings along with your observed framerates.
  • *Follow the recommendations from HiTech for testing framerates and then report those observations.
  • When you think that you have gathered the best possible results, maybe email Skuzzy with them and be patient with responses (they most certainly have bigger fish to fry, with all their endeavors).
  • Lastly, be willing to accept that framerates while at maximum settings may improve or not.  So test to see where your best options are for compromise in settings.

*This is from an earlier patch version, where HiTech was looking for framerate comparisons:

Now we test again with the changes,

With every thing disabled waffles machine went from 45 in the current patch to about 70 fps with the new optimization.

Turn VSync off in Video Settings.

Go to A1 of craterma

In Options/Grapic detail press default, so all ranges are set to default.

Disable ALL options ,

Set Environment map to None.

Press Ok.

Minimize the clip board and observe frame rate.
And post your FPS in this thread along with the FPS you had in the previous thread.

Thanks
Dale

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 11:32:10 AM »
Do you understand that Randall is using the latest and fastest consumer video card from nVidia? I'm surprised it isn't doing better then that but like you say, there might be any number of reasons.

I'm saving my pennys and waiting for the prices to come down to MSRPs on their 1070. It looks like I might have a longer wait then I thought, seeing the demand for these cards is so high.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »
Do you understand that Randall is using the latest and fastest consumer video card from nVidia? I'm surprised it isn't doing better then that but like you say, there might be any number of reasons.

I'm guessing the reason is that the beta is not designed to always give 120 FPS with everything on max with current components. I'm sure Randall knows he can reduce some settings and get his target frame rate.

To me it makes sense to design the game with future hardware performance in mind.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 12:24:14 PM »
A couple of things I noticed in earlier patches and forget to report.

There are 2 lines on the ground in the WW1 terrain that meet around 955,2990,-222,-10.3,-4.4,-130.9

The rivers in the WW1 terrain are full of weeds.

Both issues are in both versions Dx9 and DX11.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »
I have zoom toggle, zoom in, and zoom out, mapped to a throttle hat. The other 2 hat positions center TrackIR. Sometimes using the hat to zoom I find myself in the F5 external view. I can't reproduce it every time but it only happens using the zoom function.  It may be an issue with my Warthog throttle hat but it only happens in the DX11 version.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »
Heres my DxDiag, hopefully on launch it may be a bit more optimized im getting ~85-90fps steady, it might dip as low as 60 when low to the ground around friendly bases, while turning my head.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 06:37:25 PM »
Randall,

I found using the HiDef audio device for sound and playback visa HDMI reduced my FPS while connected to my digital TV\Monitor. I added a DVI adaptor to my HDMI cable and uninstalled the HiDef audio drivers which gave me back FPS. I'm using a Dolby playback USB headset with mic for sound. It's something to experiment with. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 03:35:22 PM »
Heres my DxDiag, hopefully on launch it may be a bit more optimized im getting ~85-90fps steady, it might dip as low as 60 when low to the ground around friendly bases, while turning my head.

Do you have two 1080 video cards installed?  DirectX thinks you do.  If your computer only has one card in it, then try removing the video card driver and install it again.  Check the information in DirectX and see if it still shows two cards.

This will cause performance and stability issues.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
Do you have two 1080 video cards installed?  DirectX thinks you do.  If your computer only has one card in it, then try removing the video card driver and install it again.  Check the information in DirectX and see if it still shows two cards.

This will cause performance and stability issues.

Isn't it showing the same card with 2 different monitors at different resolutions?

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
Application error.

The application was unable to start correctly ( 0xc000007b ).

same here

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 04:12:20 PM »

I'm saving my pennys and waiting for the prices to come down to MSRPs on their 1070. It looks like I might have a longer wait then I thought, seeing the demand for these cards is so high.

You can take a 2000 hp engine in a truck and run it down the quarter and not get good times if it is not tuned right.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:01 PM »
Randall,

Are you supporting two monitors from one graphics card to play the game or have you installed two graphics cards in SLI? And are you connected with an HDMI cable so you can run sound out of the speakers in your monitor or a sound system for a home theater setup?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 06:54:55 PM »
I've got 1 card and two monitors, but I only run the game on the larger monitor.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 08:15:20 PM »
Here are a couple of snippets of my box running the Beta 27 DX11 version to show the effects of the AMD Global PowerEfficiency setting in the Crimson 16.6.1 drivers on the GPU performance of my FuryX. Note: Both instances were ran between the same 2 airfields using the same air route and alt to make as close of an apples-to-apples comparison:

1st snippet is w\ PE enabled..........

2nd snippet is w\ PE disabled...............

As you can see, w\ PE enabled running Beta 27 Dx11 version the GPU clocks are being clocked down pretty heavy by PowerTune 2.0 thru AMD OverDrive due to driver reading the Beta graphical calls as low level (what PowerTune uses to calculate graphics load to then determine GPU power\clock speeds needed to match graphics draw call load = performance per watt) which is causing the low FPS, double loping graphics motion I posted on earlier. Note the GPU temps are low....due to PowerTune cutting power based on the driver read graphics draw calls sent to it from the Beta software.

Once PE is disabled the driver instructs the GPU to run at full clocks and power setting as set in driver (AMD OverDrive w\ PowerTune 2.0 bypassed) on the same Beta graphics draw calls as sent in the 1st snippet, the GPU performance is pretty much pegging the GPU clocks at 1050 and the FPS is pretty much pegged at 80 FPS (as controlled by AMD FRTC using AMD FreeSynch) and graphics motion is butter smooth.

When Beta 21 Dx11 version was being used the graph looked like the 1st snippet BUT the FPS was like the 2nd snippet as this snippet shows:

This is why I keep saying that something has changed in the Beta software (most likely not the issue) OR in the version of Dx11 being used since Beta 21 (my hunch is riding here) that is causing the AMD driver's PowerTune 2.0 to heavily underpower the GPU starting w\ Beta 22 Dx11 forward. I have tested this across 3 Crimson drivers (16.4.1, 16.5.3, 16.6.1) and verified that the issue remained across all 3 drivers before I thought to disable PE in the AMD Crimson 16.6.1 drivers.

Continuing testing...................

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 12:31:21 PM »
All of the bugs and issues I listed re the rift cv1 in beta 26 are still there in 27.