Author Topic: Allied medium bomber and Fighter ?  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Allied medium bomber and Fighter ?
« on: August 12, 2001, 08:28:00 PM »
I've spent few moments as lobbying He-177 when suddenly one thought came to my mind:
We have forgot one allied country which was fighting against Germany and got plenty of planes and bombers:

FRANCE

Right now theres 0 (Zero, null, nada) planes from France (Well same goes with poland and Canuckland) and maybe HTC could correct that by giving us, Players of AH, couple French planes.

Fighters:
Bloch MB.152 (2*20mm, 2*7,5mm)
Morane-Saulnier ms.406 (1*20mm, 2*7,5)
Cauldron CR714 (4*7,5mm)
Dewoitine D.520 (1*20mm, 4*7,5mm)

Bombers:
Farman F.222 (4200kg bombs!)
LeO.451 (2000kg of bombs)
Bloch MB.200 (1400kg)

So before modelling anything else I expect HTC to think their fro.. ehm... French customers and model few of these.

:D  :p  ;)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2001, 08:34:00 PM »
See? Now you're talking!

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2001, 08:38:00 PM »
Sorry I typed Poland with small p.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
We should be given perk points to fly the French bombers of 1939-1940.

And how many Polish bombers saw service in WWII and for how long? In other words, what is the difference between 1939 and 1945 if only a few number of something saw service for a such a very short time?

Westy

(not to be taken too seriously. Well, except for the part about the free perk points.)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »
France? FRANCE? You have got to be KIDDING me!

So you've seen my highly successful lobbying on behalf of the Canadians and now want to ride on our coattails, is that it? Well no sir! You're not even FROM France... you're just making trouble for us.

Who has even HEARD of those planes? I can't even PRONOUNCE that stuff.

You want a representative Allied medium bomber and fighter? Well... well... Our team of determined researchers on behalf of Concerned Canadians for a Better Aces high (or CCBAH) is working fevershly on an information packet that we will present, nay, UNLEASH upon the citizens of Aces High when we're good and ready. Maybe even soon.

Gahd...

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
LOL Westy we are already flying German 1940 bomber  :D

Anyway I like your idea; Free points from every flight in 1939-1940 plane if you get even 1 point. Just to be sure ppl won't take off and crash their planes in pizza-hut in the end of runway  :)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »
Nash you're Canadian so I bet you can speak french too.
There's no reason to hide your ability to speak french, so don't be shamed mon ami  :)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2001, 10:05:00 PM »
Wouldn't mind seeing a French plane or two in the game.  They'd never be used, but it would be a neat thing to have anyway.  Speaking if which- why is the C.202 even in the game?  It flies very nice, but who actually asked to have it?

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2001, 10:52:00 PM »
Speaks French, hell I thought that all Canadians WERE French!  Aren't they?

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2001, 11:45:00 PM »
Har har SOB.

Ok Staga - I don't mean to HIJACK your cute little thread here but if you want to see a couple of nice planes added to Aces High, my CCBAH team has come up with some preliminary suggestions.

NOW DON'T GET YER SHIRTS IN A KNOT!

I'm not saying these wouldn't be perked. If they were to be perked I would in fact agree with that decision. However, they are clearly representative and their absence from Aces High is disappointing, to put it mildly.

First off:

The Boeing Canada Canso

This sucker had an impressive max speed of, oh, about 165 m.p.h., making it faster than most of today's high performance cars and nothing to scoff at. For armament, the Canso sported a .303 machine-gun in the bow and two in each side blister PLUS one in ventral position aft of step. That's right, it was deadly to anyone who unwittingly stumbled into its path.

Therefore, I can already hear the shrieks of the Luftwoble contingent here if it wasn't perked. Fine, perk it. Of course we'll never KNOW what this baby could REALLY do in combat, because it was considered of such importance that we had it nobly and bravely patrolling the shores off of Newfoundland during sometimes hostile inclement weather.

You've all heard that saying: "Hours of boredom penetrated by moments of sheer terror?" We'll... that was INVENTED by the crews of the Canso. Only thing is, that saying has mutated a bit over time and through repetition. Originally it was "Hours of boredom penetrated by even more hours of boredom" AND YOU CAN THANK THE CANADIANS FOR THIS!.

Right then! On to the next ship!

The deHavilland "Chipmunk"

This bird has been described by the pilots and crew that knew and loved her in such glowing praise as "it was an elementary trainer". Elemental to the war effort it most certainly WAS! Ok, that's not exactly correct. This here plane didn't make its introduction into the war effort until... well... quite some time after the war had in fact ended. 1948. So perk it! We of the CCBAH are fine with this.

All this focus on fighters alone, when it was the trainers who produced the fighting men and women that served us. It's an oversight of incredible proportions on HTC's part, and for this we rally to have the Chipmunk find its way into the skies of Aces High in a timely (yesterday!) manner.

Now...

I'm perfectly aware that a bunch of you are going to be jumping up and down like a bunch of girls about being at the mercy of such potent aircraft. We of the CCBAH have taken this into consideration and have concluded that perking these may be a foregone conclusion. We accept that. Because we are REASONABLE men. We only ask that you be reasonable too.

Remember, these are only preliminary suggestions. Our team remains hard at work until we see the glory that is Canucks into Aces High.

Thank you for your time.

EH into AH!

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2001, 01:03:00 AM »
Actually one guy raced with Canso here in Finland thought it was having a text "Acadian" in its side.
It was prolly faster than your Boing anyway so if HTC models that type they need to perk it.

And yes, similar size of vehicle could carry dozen drunken Finns so 10 troops could fit in easily.

Heh when I think about it I like idea of speeding from base to another with 100mph on meter.
Maybe HTC should add Duesenberg in AH  :D

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
I say add heam, the D 520 would be a fine addation,heck they were shoting down spits, and P 40's during torch, then changed sides again and were used aganst the Germans again :)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by SwampRat:
French??  Sheesh, some real Frenchies might show up just to be snooty.

Certainly no more snooty than the current "LuftWaffe" fan base.
-SW

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
Nash you crack me up m8  :) is the CCBAH recruiting?  ;)

french planes? sure why not but id prefer an italian med bomber.The italians produced what was considered one of the best torpedo bombers of the war....I know crazy eh?  :D
'Betty', VAL, consoladated liberator, wellington, mosquito, cantalina, swordfish, he-177, stuka, earlier p38 versions etc would all come first for me over a french fighter/bomber that ive never even heard of to be honest.

HELL id rather have the chipmonk! YAY CCBAH!!!  :D

As a Brit there is nothing id like to see more than an aircraft in AH based entirely on a Canadian unit.
They backed us up all the way right from the start!.They didnt sit back and wait until they were personally threatened like some  ;)(hehe) and it will never be forgotten.
Honour our Canandian brethren!
either that or they will stop selling electricity to you Yanks and those air conditioners will grind to a halt!!  :D

down with the french!!!! up with the moose people!  :)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by brady:
I say add heam, the D 520 would be a fine addation,heck they were shoting down spits, and P 40's during torch, then changed sides again and were used aganst the Germans again  :)

They just found the right manual  :)
Not the german modified one  :D

Originally posted by SwampRat:
French??  Sheesh, some real Frenchies might show up just to be snooty.

Swamp

Bingo !

You win !  ;)