Author Topic: So there are going to be AI fighters in AH3?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: So there are going to be AI fighters in AH3?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 06:21:33 AM »
I would love to see AI bombing missions running. At least I know they'll fight. I rarely play but I log on to low numbers and any plane I see normally runs to avoid fights.
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 08:53:38 AM »
Log on at the correct time in AHII MA and you can happily roam around and never encounter a human.
I for 1 am all for AI planes - at least they will fight.

True that.

But personally, I would find zero interest in fighting AI planes. If you're not fighting other players, it just isn't worth it to me to play.
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 09:36:34 AM »

I know you can make your own missions. I don't know if there are plans to make them uploadable  to custom arenas online or if you can submit them or what, so that others can join.

I would love to see AI bombing missions running. At least I know they'll fight. I rarely play but I log on to low numbers and any plane I see normally runs to avoid fights.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 09:53:37 AM »
Kanth,
It surely appears to me that feature is already available and being tested.  Even AH2 has the same running if you pay attention to the arena menu there is a Custom tab at the top.  Crabby used to make some entertaining custom arenas where we all would dogfight in a fish bowl like the KOTH but without any rules, or through canyons from another map.

FishBait,
The best advice is to download the current beta version and see for yourself.  The one thing that Bustr eluded to that may not be available due to the low number of testers, and their preference to fly almost exclusively in the Greebo Crater Map, is the mixture that you can get when flying in the missions along with other online players.

I have to give a mighty thanks for having AI included in this way.  Testing gunnery after personal setup changes by flying in missions is magnitudes more helpful than the offline drones that fly in a circle and do not fight back.  So, if anyone is spreading rumors of forced AI participation, let us try and correct them.  :salute

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »

Okay I hadn't been checking beta recently to see that users had uploaded a custom mission with AI in it to the HTC server.  Good to know though!

Kanth,
It surely appears to me that feature is already available and being tested.  Even AH2 has the same running if you pay attention to the arena menu there is a Custom tab at the top.  Crabby used to make some entertaining custom arenas where we all would dogfight in a fish bowl like the KOTH but without any rules, or through canyons from another map.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »
Okay I hadn't been checking beta recently to see that users had uploaded a custom mission with AI in it to the HTC server.  Good to know though!

I am not sure, but I do believe that is so.... in fact, I had the same impression with the current live AH2.  I think that feature may have been locked and only used by select individuals.  If you look at the Aces High 2 Arena menu, there is one called "The Playroom".  This was to run such missions that are now seen in the mission tab of beta.

Whether or not "Players" tab allows upload of mission type arenas, I would need to ask or test for myself.  The overall impression still remains, that AI have been in use for some time now, and there has been no evidence that AH3 will place them in their main "Melee" tab.

If time allows I might attempt to load one and see if it works in beta with AI and specifically would like to try and make it WWI aircraft.  The way the AI fly, that type of battle seems more suitable.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 08:50:29 AM »
If there is AI I certainly hope its coaded to at the first sign the opposition shows of being willing to fight back do something other then turn around run to and circle its ack. Which seems to be the current favorite tactic of a large percentage of players these days
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 03:38:30 PM »

IIRC easyscor was working on adding AI to the AVA. 

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »
Its actually a good idea.  It would give people something to actually fight.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 09:22:04 PM »

Jimson.  He and HTC were working in conjunction.

Haven't heard from Jimson in a long time.  Jaeger probably knows where he got to.

- oldman

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2016, 09:27:51 PM »

that's great.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2016, 09:57:44 PM »

Jimson.  He and HTC were working in conjunction.

Haven't heard from Jimson in a long time.  Jaeger probably knows where he got to.

- oldman

Thanks. I knew somebody was.