Author Topic: Aircraft Dot size with Icons Turned Off.  (Read 1172 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Aircraft Dot size with Icons Turned Off.
« on: July 01, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
It could only be my video card and nothing Hitech has changed. When I turn off Icons, the drone dots past 6k are large and black. Much bigger than I have ever seen in the AH2 AvA no icon mode. These are pronounced enough for me to easily see them if I was in a no icon arena.

Anyone else gone offline and turned of icons to see what it looks like?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Aircraft Dot size with Icons Turned Off.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 03:01:31 AM »
Sure have! I have noticed the same thing in on-line as well. Surely you have? Or is it that they are bigger than in on-line? You said in AvA in 2, so not quite on the same page? I like it! Seems like a fair trade off, what with tracers being harder to see and gun sights being darker(well the sight panel anyway). Noticed this on-line in patch 19ish?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 03:03:57 AM »
Ok, went back and reread your post,so are you saying they are easier to see with icons turned off compare to icons on? I don't usually fly with icons off and noticed I see cons much better and further in here.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 08:59:29 AM »
I was online in the Beta a few days ago, with icons on. I noticed that beyond icon range, the plane (friendly or enemy) was a larger dot than what I see in AH2. I'm actually happy about it, because finally I can see a plane from far away just like people with lower resolution monitors can.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 01:07:28 PM »
Aren't the easier to see dots due to the the smaller FOV setting?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 01:53:49 PM »
I think it is increased game resolution of some sort.   :headscratch:  I see it no matter what FOV setting.  Now, I haven't experimented with actual resolution change, but 1360 x 768 shows a hefty dot at distances well beyond the 6 k icon distance.  I recall that in beginning alpha the icon range was close to 10k.  Maybe the dot represents that same 10 k range.  :uhoh  Good, something to test.   :bolt:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »
YUP! Same on my setup,been like that for a while now. I like it! :rock

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 01:53:01 PM »
If Hitech keeps these large black dots past 6k, I would be willing to look into AvA no icons again.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 03:48:44 PM »
Yes.  I noticed it too.  I really really hope it's intentional.  Will make the pixel hunts in low icon events/arenas much more possible with my eyesight.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 12:28:15 AM »
If Hitech keeps these large black dots past 6k, I would be willing to look into AvA no icons again.
I haven't been in Ava yet, but wouldn't the con dots be the same? They are with icons selected off,just wondering. I know, I could have checked it myself but you have your fingers on the pulse of this new experience :rock

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 04:48:46 AM »
The AvA went through a lot of growing pains, with one of the features being no enemy icons for a while.  If you have never turned you icons off in AH2 and tried to track movements of another aircraft, then you might not recognize the prominence of the beta dot in comparison.  I don't believe they meant it became larger when the icon was removed, but I could be wrong.  Someone was complaining in alpha testing that the icon was too close to the actual aircraft and therefore was partially blocking its visibility.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 07:36:28 AM »
Someone was complaining in alpha testing that the icon was too close to the actual aircraft and therefore was partially blocking its visibility.
I still feel like it is, but haven't seen any response regarding changing it.  Also, the icon is translucent at times making it hard to read. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »
This reminds me, I had a weird thing happening in the beta last week I think should be made to a feature:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,380143.0.html