Author Topic: Uber skilled MA vets  (Read 2752 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Uber skilled MA vets
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2016, 02:15:35 PM »
The DA furball lake filled that roll for a few years. There were whole squads in there and some even thought they were better at the game than the MA vets who dropped in from time to time. I guess they were if it was 12v1 or HOing. But, it gave them a community and for the most part kept them out of the MA. Wasn't a bad place to do a few warm ups before facing the sharks in the MA.

Yup, it was great. The problem is the DA furball area is not set up to make the fights quick anymore. It also encourages ganging, high alt advantage picking, ack hugging, and so on.

I think if Hitech simply just changed all the fields to green, turn off kill shooter, and change the furball area to 4-5 bases 5 miles apart with 0 alt advantage. Then change it to a free for all, It would create quick action, people would have fun, it would discourage team gangs, high alt fighting, ack hugging, and vulching.

The 1v1 area would stay the same. You can still use it like you do now. Only thing that changes is you shoot at a green guy.

I really think a simple change like this would help the DA/FFA attract new players. It would be a lot of fun. People would learn the game. It would be great for a quick warm up.

I also like AKAKs new player arena, and I think it should be set up exactly the same.

People want quick fights when they don't have longer than 30 minutes to play. I think you would see a huge revamp of players who are still getting a feel for the game, it would bring interest back to older players.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:18:47 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »
Please don't forget Hitech has a player vs player automated dueling arena for AH3. 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377423.0.html

Don't know the status on it but, he would appreciate feedback since it's beta testing. Take a friend and go test it.

These conversations have traditionally been what he should do back when he still updated AH2 because our point of reference was AH2. Right now AH3's beta testing is real and Hitech is focused on that. The sooner he gets AH3 out the door and stable, the sooner the conversations can get back to what Hitech should have done versus his "current offering". No one knows what AH3 is going to look or play like versus AH2.

We have tested many new things, and Hitech has never made any definitive statements in response to how he will present any of it in AH3. 

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »
Please don't forget Hitech has a player vs player automated dueling arena for AH3. 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377423.0.html

Don't know the status on it but, he would appreciate feedback since it's beta testing. Take a friend and go test it.

These conversations have traditionally been what he should do back when he still updated AH2 because our point of reference was AH2. Right now AH3's beta testing is real and Hitech is focused on that. The sooner he gets AH3 out the door and stable, the sooner the conversations can get back to what Hitech should have done versus his "current offering". No one knows what AH3 is going to look or play like versus AH2.

We have tested many new things, and Hitech has never made any definitive statements in response to how he will present any of it in AH3.
We know what it overall "looks" like....I'm interested in "think CT".

The 1v1 arena is a start, a matchmaking arena is for sure needed.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2016, 06:59:23 PM »
The DA furball lake filled that roll for a few years. There were whole squads in there and some even thought they were better at the game than the MA vets who dropped in from time to time. I guess they were if it was 12v1 or HOing. But, it gave them a community and for the most part kept them out of the MA. Wasn't a bad place to do a few warm ups before facing the sharks in the MA.

Was a poor place for people to learn from though. You really want them to learn to fly and fight... back then those folks did not do that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2016, 01:44:55 AM »
Should we all start sucking?

I'm doing my part!  :aok