Author Topic: 1v1 missions  (Read 989 times)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
1v1 missions
« on: July 03, 2016, 08:22:15 AM »
These are really 2v2 because the offline AI are not aggressive to player aircraft, but will attack your AI wing man.  Extract the files and put the .res files in your Aces High/misres folder and put the others in mistemp folder if you want to modify the mission using the mission editor.  I will also upload these so they will be available in a ndisles custom arena.  Take off and maintain runway heading and you should warp to a point near an island and see the enemy fighters shortly afterward to your right if you maintain heading.  The warp is about 30 seconds to a minute after takeoff.  Let me know if you have any problems.  Good luck.  To see how the enemy fighters are without your wing man, you can just shoot the wing man down.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: 1v1 missions
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
Not for Beta? They don't show for me.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 01:07:50 PM »
No, these are AHII as per a request.  I will see if they convert to Beta.  The Beta staged missions are much better.  I did put several beta missions on the server that air spawn heavy fighters, but there are enemy planes there as well for air to air practice, just jettison ords.  They start with IA and are for ndilses terrain.  Click on staged missions on line and show for all terrains and you should be able to download them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:23:43 PM by mustng2 »

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »
I uploaded the beta equivalents to the server which are true 1v1 since the beta drones are aggressive offline.  The .mis file is attached for those who want to modify it.  109K4vSpit8 and 109K4vF4U.  Easy to modify the aircraft types.  Look for ndisles terrain, IA1v1

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »
Hello mustng2 or anyone who can help regarding offline staged missions in the current Beta version.

After creating a 2v2 mission with the Mission Editor and watching it run successfully in the editor I cannot see the mission in the offline practice mode of the Beta.

I have the 2v2.mis file in the offmiss folder but there is no " .res " file for my mission anywhere that I can find. The two missions included in the Beta use a .res file in the missres folder and work fine.

How do I get my mission to run offline and how do I open up the two included missions to open in the Mission Editor to edit them?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:04:08 PM »
Terry,
If you created and saved a mission it should be in the beta mistemp folder as a .mis file.  Open it in the beta mission editor and under file, click on build res library.  That should create a file in the misres folder.  Again, make sure you are in the beta folder.  You can post your .mis file and I will look at it for you.  Be sure and check the see missions for all terrains to be sure it is not an incorrect terrain issue.  You cannot modify the .res files, just the .mis files.  Hitech posted some of the .mis files for the beta in the forum.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:07:07 PM by mustng2 »

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 12:06:50 PM »
Thanks for replying mustng.
  I have followed your instructions to the letter and after creating a couple missions (Beta ver.) this is what happens...everything looks good when run in the editor...open up AH Beta offline, I see my mission...select flight..ok...get to briefing room (10 second delay)...get a glimpse of the field and immediate message "You have crashed" and I am back in tower.
  There is also a .ef file generated.  I believe an error file which tells me nothing.
  The offline missions I see in the beta work fine btw. Also I have created some offmis. files in the current AH ver. which work fine and are fun.

I will attempt more Beta game missions and will let you know the results.  Thanks again !

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »
Terry,
I have had that same type of problem.  Most of the time it has to do with the spawn location being above or below the runway and sometimes a map change causes it to spawn off the runway.  Other times I removed all flights, added them back and it seems to work.  Be aware of the AGL (above ground level) check box.  Usually a good idea to check it when specifying altitude.  Post your .mis file and I will take a look at it.

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 05:25:47 PM »

Hello mustng.  Thanks again.

Made another beta mission with same result.  :(     I will tinker with it again and try moving the spawn point.

Meanwhile here is the .mis file.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 08:13:50 AM »
Terry,
I also could not make it work.  It had to do with ground level spawn.  I created a new mission with just a taxi and it still crashed.  I noticed when I spawned in that field with out a staged mission the digital alt readout was 128, but using 0 agl put it at 89.  The attached is a work around that air spawns both flights  over the airfields.  I am posting this problem as a bug in the beta forum.

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 12:19:03 PM »
   mustng2

Got the reworked file and the missions run!  Thank you Sir.

In the F1 view I see you added direction arrows. Can they be turned off in flight or through the editor? Also player weapons have been disabled, showing up in the damaged list.  I will look at the editor and see how you changed it. I find all the changes interesting and looking forward to tinkering with it.

Good catch on the spawn bug! Thanks again.    <S>

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 01:01:03 PM »
Hi Terry,
No, actually I had thought you had added the arrows, never saw them before.  They might be something new in the the beta.  As far as the weapons, that is all in the arena settings, not the mission editor.  See Mongoose post in the custom arena forum on how to save different arena settings.  Note that in the mission editor you can specify a custom arena setting by saving under a different terrain name and specify under File/Mission properties. I find it convenient to turn the ack way down.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:06:33 PM by mustng2 »

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:02 PM »
Terry,
I don't know if you saw the post in the beta, but the arrows are part of a training mission.  One of us must have checked that box.