Author Topic: new to Aces High  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Reaper

• Zinc Member
new to Aces High
« on: July 08, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
hello everyone! I'm Reaper my callsign in the game is reaper89 and I recently started playing 3 days ago and looking for a squad to join and teach me how to fly in aces high. i'm 26 years old and live in Georgia and I work at medical office in Atlanta. looking forward to flying with anyone I can find.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: new to Aces High
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 12:15:29 PM »
Well Howdy!

I'm really glad you found this place.  Welcome to the game!

What have you liked doing so far?  Bombers?  Fighters?  Gv's?

What is it that you want to fly?

There are a bunch of great squads here.  Let them know what your preferences are.  Be willing to fly with a few squads at least until you find a good fit.  If I was going to reccomend a squad to get the know the game,  I would probably suggest "The Pigs on the Wing"   POTW.  Great guys and they fly anything.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 12:29:16 PM »
Welcome Reaper, I saw your post on facebook Aces high group.

You just came from another flight combat sim type game right?  There are lots of good squads to fly with, lots of friendly people and there are trainers here as well. The main arena that most fly is Late war.  Lots of squads will let you fly along.

There are Friday night scenarios that are REALLY fun and there are other scenarios on weekends that are fun to play in. Custom maps and missions.
I think you'll like it here.  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:33:09 PM »
The 47 Ronin have squad night tonight at 9 pm eastern. We are rooks and are happy to have others join in with us.

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 12:53:06 PM »
Welcome to Aces High, Reaper. If you think you'd like to fly Corsair's, or fly Navy, period, then VF-17 Jolly Rogers might be for you. We have a solid reputation, offer excellent training, and great comradery (spelling?). There are a bunch of great squads, so take your time and don't be afraid to try several on for fit.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »
Welcome to the game. My squad flies Knights and we are always willing to help new players. My game ID: Rud3boi. We mostly fly navy planes but are also highly experienced with other planes. Look us up.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »
Welcome Reaper... or should I say neighbor (I live in Alabama)
I'm sure u will have a good time  :banana:
Ram
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Reaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 04:16:16 PM »
Welcome Reaper, I saw your post on facebook Aces high group.

You just came from another flight combat sim type game right?  There are lots of good squads to fly with, lots of friendly people and there are trainers here as well. The main arena that most fly is Late war.  Lots of squads will let you fly along.

There are Friday night scenarios that are REALLY fun and there are other scenarios on weekends that are fun to play in. Custom maps and missions.
I think you'll like it here.  :aok
yes thats correct.

Offline Reaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
Well Howdy!

I'm really glad you found this place.  Welcome to the game!

What have you liked doing so far?  Bombers?  Fighters?  Gv's?

What is it that you want to fly?

There are a bunch of great squads here.  Let them know what your preferences are.  Be willing to fly with a few squads at least until you find a good fit.  If I was going to reccomend a squad to get the know the game,  I would probably suggest "The Pigs on the Wing"   POTW.  Great guys and they fly anything.
i fly fighters and stilling learning the gvs as well.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »
Hi Reaper,
  As Fugitive noted, our squadron, The 47 Ronin is holding its weekly "Squad Night" tonight at 9PM Eastern U.S. time.
You are more than welcome to join us for that if you're online and are a "Rook".
  As well, you can take a look at our squadron website in the interim to get a basic idea of
what we are about.

http://the-47-ronin.org/

There are a lot of good squadrons in Aces High, and I encourage you to fly with some of 'em
before following through and joining one. Make sure it's a good fit before you commit to one.

Welcome to Aces High
Odd

Offline Reaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »
i like the p51D so far. but i am a huge navy top gun style guy as well.