Author Topic: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 08:36:22 PM »
It will be a moot point if it ends up getting scrapped liked tour of duty

That won't happen, except in the (theoretical!) case HTC would close doors before the rollout.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 09:11:01 PM »

I would disagree with that statement, never seen whole squads bail and I play defense 90% of the time for knights.

Bish are just more mission based team play and work well together.

Rooks are more of alt advantage BNZ players, that if you come in co alt they make a pass and dive for ack.

Knights just dont give a rats arse about the war, more lone wolf fighters that the other two country's combined.

I think Wezel nailed it.   

As for my roll in this, I was on the first NOE mission, I think.  We upped in Tu2's from the base right off the rook mainland, and followed the runway heading until we went feet dry. Nobody in the mission was shaking in their boots about getting spotted.  We simply wanted the rush of a deep NOE strike.  Face life: NOE strikes can be a lot of fun.  I'd rather do something fun like NOE buffs than spend an hour climbing on the other side of the map, but that's me.  I didn't see anyone bail, though. 

Me personally, I think I lost my drones when I banked hard left to go back to vuduvee's group and start dog fighting in my Tu2.  Then after my first pass or two I got rid of my ords to try to get the plane to handle better, but I blew my wing off because I was too close to the ground when I dropped.

But it was fun, and I'd do it again in heartbeat.  I like missions, and tend to gravitate to them.  I don't see NOE as hiding, either.  I see it as wild fun for however long it lasts. Hiding to me is running at the first site of a plane that has a higher alt than you, or one that hits a radar in one pass then makes a bee-line back his base.  (That's actually running AND hiding.)

As for bombing and bailing, I despise the practice:

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »
I think Wezel nailed it.   

As for my roll in this, I was on the first NOE mission, I think.  We upped in Tu2's from the base right off the rook mainland, and followed the runway heading until we went feet dry. Nobody in the mission was shaking in their boots about getting spotted.  We simply wanted the rush of a deep NOE strike.  Face life: NOE strikes can be a lot of fun.  I'd rather do something fun like NOE buffs than spend an hour climbing on the other side of the map, but that's me.  I didn't see anyone bail, though. 

Me personally, I think I lost my drones when I banked hard left to go back to vuduvee's group and start dog fighting in my Tu2.  Then after my first pass or two I got rid of my ords to try to get the plane to handle better, but I blew my wing off because I was too close to the ground when I dropped.

But it was fun, and I'd do it again in heartbeat.  I like missions, and tend to gravitate to them.  I don't see NOE as hiding, either.  I see it as wild fun for however long it lasts. Hiding to me is running at the first site of a plane that has a higher alt than you, or one that hits a radar in one pass then makes a bee-line back his base.  (That's actually running AND hiding.)

As for bombing and bailing, I despise the practice:

I inspired someone.  :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 10:06:01 PM »
Sometimes semp I wonder if there should be a filter between your brain and typing fingers.

actually i think the same about you.  you want to force bombers to fight no matter what.  but nothing of forcing fighters to engage until either they kill the bomber or die.

right now bombers have no incentive to fight at all.  you know how many fighters I have damaged and then dive for the ground.  so why shouldnt I bail my bombers if I feel like it, fighters bail out anytime they feel like it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 01:07:43 AM »

I would disagree with that statement, never seen whole squads bail and I play defense 90% of the time for knights.

Rooks are more of alt advantage BNZ players, that if you come in co alt they make a pass and dive for ack.

Knights just dont give a rats arse about the war, more lone wolf fighters that the other two country's combined.
ok, you should ask Hurless how often they noe lancs and bail em then do mass m3s. while youre at it, ask him and ask popeye what they do when rooks arent attacking knit strats close to us. you'll really like that.  as far as your evaluation of the teams, sounds like some penned up spite for the rooks from you. so i dismiss it as emotional response.  because you could say that about every team.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 04:33:48 AM »
actually i think the same about you.  you want to force bombers to fight no matter what.  but nothing of forcing fighters to engage until either they kill the bomber or die.

right now bombers have no incentive to fight at all.  you know how many fighters I have damaged and then dive for the ground.  so why shouldnt I bail my bombers if I feel like it, fighters bail out anytime they feel like it.

semp

Bombers incentive is static targets and fighters incentive is bombers and other fighters. Bombers only need to hit their bombing target and then they can call the job done and bail. Fighter have to shoot down their target and can bail also if they so wish.
I'm not sure how it'll help if bomber pilots by giving them kills on Fighters for Fighters diving away when damaged, as bombers can dive away when damaged also. Where were you going with this smep?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:40 AM »
As a bomber pilot, hitting my target and landing my bombers was a victory. Shooting down hostile fighters was a welcome icing on the cake. (Of course, too many unopposed sorties in a row made the game quite boring.)
When I damaged a fighter enough to force a retreat, I considered that a 'victory' as well. Getting a kill credit was nice, but not necessary. I certainly never was angry about any fighter who decided to break off and head home.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 05:55:32 AM »
Why in the world HTC hasn't added radar to the city and starts alludes me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2016, 01:10:26 PM »
so why shouldnt I bail my bombers if I feel like it, fighters bail out anytime they feel like it.

semp

The fighters aren't bailing out, they are breaking off the engagement due to either a wound or damaged plane.  There is a very big difference, though I'm not entirely sure you're smart enough to see it.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

My squad tours a chess piece a month and while I can't argue that is your impression of your experience, mine is that they are all the same.

Are you a chess piece loyalist, or do you rotate around?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
ok, you should ask Hurless how often they noe lancs and bail em then do mass m3s. while youre at it, ask him and ask popeye what they do when rooks arent attacking knit strats close to us. you'll really like that.  as far as your evaluation of the teams, sounds like some penned up spite for the rooks from you. so i dismiss it as emotional response.  because you could say that about every team.

As long as lame moves are acceptable, the lame will continue to be lame.  You can't ridicule, argue or convince them otherwise.  And you can't fix it... it's genetic.  AH for years has rewarded Suicidal flying and it's nothing new.  From whole squads running kamikazee missions on bases/towns and who knows HOW many suicide tards have had their way with CVs.  I don't think we're ever going to see anything different.  Sorta have to just accept the fact that if there's an edge to be found in being a total lame-o, someone's going to exploit it, and be proud they did.

I would add... can't remember when but I remember HiTech asking for thoughts on how to prevent bombers from dive bombing (not exactly suicidal but lame to the max anyway).  I don't think anything ever came of it, but at least we can be comforted in knowing HTC is aware that certain things are just... lame, and there's not much they can do about it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:50:40 PM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »
My squad tours a chess piece a month and while I can't argue that is your impression of your experience, mine is that they are all the same.

You can only really generalize either way.  IMHO, the Knits are typically fun to fight, and pretty tough at times.  The Bish are too at times, but there is a definite pattern of having to play whack-a-mole against them that stands out.  Thing is, I think they know this and that's why they do it.  I've watched them steamroll right in the middle of prime-time and Rooks don't give a poop because they know about the time they get into the fight... the fight friggin disappears.  Can't say about Rooks as I'm always Rook, but I hardly ever hear anyone say "hey everyone, lets all go bomb a base/town and then bail so we can rush it with M3's".  Just never ever heard that.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 06:20:02 PM »

Wezel moves around every now and then.  Which I think every player should try to do.  I think it's important and fun for the community.   

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2016, 06:21:39 PM »

I dont have to ask anyone, just saying what I see in game and for penned up spite you should look in the mirror first be for you accuse me of anything. I dont hold anything against anyone it game or any team, I can remember it's just a game.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:35:31 PM by WEZEL »

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 06:28:31 PM »

I move around from time to time,lots of good peeps on all side and it's cool to hang with them.

Yes all sides sometimes do the things I stated but most of the country playing style seems to gravitate the way I described. Just my opinion and nothing more.