Author Topic: fun night!  (Read 2741 times)

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
Re: fun night!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 05:09:14 PM »
:rofl

It would appear that I screwed up my quoting too!  The italicized quote was from Rufus followed by FBDragon's response in bold.

Sorry for the confusion, but I understand what you are saying in how it all worked back then.   :salute

:salute :salute :salute  I know what you meant. Were there Nazi pilots, absolutely there were, but mostly not. If you look you'll find that there were A-holes on both sides. I just wanted him to have a clearer understanding of why we fly axis. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salute :salute :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 06:54:23 PM »
When we first made contact with allied aircraft, it was one Hurri flying into the formations of the HE111's. And then they seemed to come in 2 to four at a time. If I was allied CIC, I might have played it a little differently. You know that there will be a fighter sweep prior to the bombers coming in. And figure that the bombers won't arrive until earliest t+45 and latest t+57. Instead of committing to the sweep, leave a token force of resistance and let the bombers approach target, and then, in mass, commit your entire reserves at once. Hit them when they are trying to line up and drop instead of trying to intercept early. The sweep can decimate your numbers and force your pilots to a lower altitude and then by the time the bombers arrive it's really tough to do anything in force. A smaller force drawing in the sweep would have aided the larger reserve force that would be attacking from on high en mass.

I know, easier said than done. Plans go out the window when things get hot. But I think this approach would have been the best. You know the bombers will get in and drop. Let them. If you hit them just as they are or when they are trying to turn for home with your force still intact... who knows?

<<S>> to you all. It was fun. See ya in a few weeks!  :rock
I agree.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 12:04:08 PM »
Being a US Marine.  A long line of generations of Marines run in my family.  In fact, the family tree goes back to the Barbary Pirates War.  Marines will understand this.  I actually have in my possession an original Mameluke Sword from the original time it was presented to the Marines.

My Great Grandfather was in Belleleau Wood in The Great War.  My Grand Father was on Mt. Sirabachi on Iwo when the famous flag raising took place in WWII.  My father built Khe Sahn (sp?) from the ground up and on his second tour was wounded there during Tet.  My father and I both were fighting the Cold War together and I was in Desert Storm.

By blood line alone, I am an American and a Marine. 

When I first started flying FSO, I was insulted if I was assigned Japanese aircraft and I personally took it to heart because of what I grew up with.  I seriously had moral issues flying Jap planes.   

However, That is NOT what FSO is about as everyone is eluding to.  I will admit, that even now, I will ALWAYS request Allies when the Pacific is involved.  And I will ALWAYS request BLUE planes!!!   >)

But in no way would I ever think or believe that one flies Axis because they are ideologically committed to a country.  That is ridiculous.  But I do want to point out, that especially the younger players (the new ones) could get confused.  In time they, like me, will realize that this is simply about getting with friends online and having a blast, regardless of sides, planes, countries. 

A chance to experience from the safety of our homes, the planning, strategies and tactics used.  A chance to pitch in and help with squad organization, planning, recon, even CMing.  To do something about the structure of the game. 

Quite honestly I love this game.  I love FSO.  I really enjoy the company of everyone that plays the game.  We all bring something to the table here. 

Enjoy the FSO for what it actually is and not of the ideology of the country involved during the real thing...

Hope the lot of you all come to the MAs tonight and participate in the MEGA MISSION.  Should be a ton of fun.   
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »
Yep, great post SlipKnt.  :rock

MEGA Mission you say??  :noid  tonight? I hadn't heard of this? Are there details?
time/zone :
Place:
Who's running it:

?

maybe a seperate post somewhere prominent or a link to that post if it exists?
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 05:05:21 PM »
Yep, great post SlipKnt.  :rock

MEGA Mission you say??  :noid  tonight? I hadn't heard of this? Are there details?
time/zone :
Place:
Who's running it:

?

maybe a seperate post somewhere prominent or a link to that post if it exists?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,380298.0.html

Here ya go Kanth <S>
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 05:15:26 PM »
Ohh Thank you, Zoney! <S>
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 04:49:18 AM »
Being a US Marine.  A long line of generations of Marines run in my family.  In fact, the family tree goes back to the Barbary Pirates War.  Marines will understand this.  I actually have in my possession an original Mameluke Sword from the original time it was presented to the Marines.

My Great Grandfather was in Belleleau Wood in The Great War.  My Grand Father was on Mt. Sirabachi on Iwo when the famous flag raising took place in WWII.  My father built Khe Sahn (sp?) from the ground up and on his second tour was wounded there during Tet.  My father and I both were fighting the Cold War together and I was in Desert Storm.

By blood line alone, I am an American and a Marine. 

When I first started flying FSO, I was insulted if I was assigned Japanese aircraft and I personally took it to heart because of what I grew up with.  I seriously had moral issues flying Jap planes.   

However, That is NOT what FSO is about as everyone is eluding to.  I will admit, that even now, I will ALWAYS request Allies when the Pacific is involved.  And I will ALWAYS request BLUE planes!!!   >)

But in no way would I ever think or believe that one flies Axis because they are ideologically committed to a country.  That is ridiculous.  But I do want to point out, that especially the younger players (the new ones) could get confused.  In time they, like me, will realize that this is simply about getting with friends online and having a blast, regardless of sides, planes, countries. 

A chance to experience from the safety of our homes, the planning, strategies and tactics used.  A chance to pitch in and help with squad organization, planning, recon, even CMing.  To do something about the structure of the game. 

Quite honestly I love this game.  I love FSO.  I really enjoy the company of everyone that plays the game.  We all bring something to the table here. 

Enjoy the FSO for what it actually is and not of the ideology of the country involved during the real thing...

Hope the lot of you all come to the MAs tonight and participate in the MEGA MISSION.  Should be a ton of fun.

:salute :salute :salute :salute :salute to you sir!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. I to, when it comes to Russian plans, I can't bring myself to fly them lol, but I have mad respect to those who do, and to the real pilots that did. In all sides of the war!!!! :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 10:32:16 AM »
 :salute

Semper Fi   

I am "only" 3rd generation Marine. Great Great grandfather is from Ireland.

But, my grandfather on my mom's side was in the German Army.

Very well written.  I think we can read the history and not support the ideology
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54