Author Topic: A way to make snap views override trackir completely  (Read 525 times)

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
A way to make snap views override trackir completely
« on: July 23, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »
try to check my 6 and instead of getting the default snap view that looks around the seat, only the angle views are "overridden" and not the postion (lean) views so i get a look at my seat.

I believe when I press the "check my 6" button it should go to the "check my 6 position and view".

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: A way to make snap views override trackir completely
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
TR in yaw\pitch mode only, inherits all of your saved views so turning your head is all that is needed to see your saved 6 view. No chair yoga anymore. Though giving you the illusion of being immersive, the other axis are over rated. I've been using TR since TR3 in 2003 and tried all the permutations of axis in the game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 03:24:23 AM »
Personally, I don't mind the "chair yoga"! Its about the only exercise I get, this game is addictive! :x I have set my "X" axis for a fast curve, allows me to just barely slide to the side and see around head rest. Then again I couldn't really make hat switch views work for me as I have some disabilities. Some motor skills don't work so well because of it. I honestly don't know how you guys did it with hat switch use as it seems no where close to what I get with TRIR. Play around with the curves, they can be used to balance out the calories burned. Who needs exercise any way.  :x It does take some getting used to though. I have True view and object relative view disabled. So when I lean left and turn my head to left I am actually looking to the right side of the seat. While tracking a con though, it seems more natural than just leaning and turning for a scan on your 6. Just sit on a runway offline and see what I mean, don't want you to die while pre occupied,lol. Oh and you can still adjust your head position in TRIR, just pause the tracking , set your position and hit F10, same as usual. At least for the looking forward head position. I also use a look forward button to slave my view to gun sight position when looking around the nose.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:24:50 AM »
If you don't want to turn off 4 out of 6 axis you can just lean to one side before you look back with the snap view.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 05:57:17 PM »
All of my hat switch controls are used for flaps and other actions. I use strictly TRir for all views, with exception of a button for look forward when looking to side of the nose. Its all in the curves of the different axis in TRir. Only axis I don't use is Roll,and true view is not engaged.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 12:05:24 PM »
Thanks Guys! This works very well. I've been trying to look behind that seat for some time! This works perfect.
NOW, How do you get rid of the Roof on the F4U's?
Kimosabe