Author Topic: Engine sounds  (Read 410 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Engine sounds
« on: September 20, 2016, 09:22:34 AM »
 :airplane: I have raised this issue before, so will try once again! There are some complaints about the engine sounds in the new AH3!
The one big compliant that I have and it would eliminate some of the other complaints, is the engines on the B-17 do not react correctly for sound, when changing power settings. When adjusting the prop settings from full increase, such as takeoff, and you reduce to cruise climb, the manifold pressure "follows" the RPM of the prop, no matter what! If you reduce the RPM, the manifold should increase slightly, which would change the engine sound.
Maybe there is a lot to "rewrite" in correcting this, but would make the sounds more realistic!
I am not sure if this is happening on all other aircraft engines, but suspect that it is happening there to by comments I hear!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Engine sounds
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure change is coming, but you should be patient for it.

I wish everyone would understand the complexity of this new approach to sound. It is a really great change, and is worth every waiting moment.

I only regret that I can only work with this about six hours out of the day. It's really all your ears are good for. hehe
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 01:21:55 PM »
:airplane: I have raised this issue before, so will try once again! There are some complaints about the engine sounds in the new AH3!
The one big compliant that I have and it would eliminate some of the other complaints, is the engines on the B-17 do not react correctly for sound, when changing power settings. When adjusting the prop settings from full increase, such as takeoff, and you reduce to cruise climb, the manifold pressure "follows" the RPM of the prop, no matter what! If you reduce the RPM, the manifold should increase slightly, which would change the engine sound.
Maybe there is a lot to "rewrite" in correcting this, but would make the sounds more realistic!
I am not sure if this is happening on all other aircraft engines, but suspect that it is happening there to by comments I hear!

Earl the condition between rpm and manifold pressure has not changed from AHII. The reduction in throttle is also lowering the output of the turbo charger. I would have to do a lot of pulling out the original power setting tables we used, but the relationship between rpm and manifold does not always do what you say.

HiTech

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 09:07:18 PM »
Once above a certain alt (I don't remember just how high) a reduction in RPM will cause a reduction in manifold pressure the for reason Hitech stated, reducing RPM also reduces turbo boost.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"