Author Topic: Beta 40/41 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 5798 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 40/41 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2016, 11:44:52 AM »
still really hard to see tracers.  even from my own plane.  on bases I only see like 1 round coming up.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »
with map open and mouse over clipboard link, description box pops up.  if i zoom, the description box holds position on the screen in the zoomed view, with the mouse cursor.

dx11 looks nice.  :aok

Offline Los18z

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2016, 01:02:13 PM »
Also confirming in VR HTC-Vive dot is present at all times. Fields also have trees at end of runway, (Well at least all the fields I have landed at either online or offline euro 2016) And the trees will ding you if you brush them.

Otherwise the game is phenomenal experience in vr. Even more enjoyable than DCS.

Los

i7
32gbram
GE980ti
500GBSSD
HTC-Vive
Warthog

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »
Also it should change behavior if your head set is on or off.

HiTech

HiTech

With headset off you can't see the dot at all but you see a mouse cursor.

I have tried everything I know to eliminate some other program or factor causing the issue but no luck. As of now it looks like a bug in the beta as it runs under win 10 anniversary version. I can't test on regular win 10 as I don't have a machine with that version.

Edit update
It is not just the dot in VR. The mouse cursor also is there all the time when the beta is run in non VR mode with win 10 anniversary. For the win 7 pc the mouse cursor disappears as it should when the clipboard is down. MS must have changed some mouse code with the anniversary update?

Terry
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:50:57 PM by terrydew »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2016, 02:29:18 PM »
Tracers have gone back to pre patch 37 hardness to see. 38\39 the tracers were bright enough I could clearly see the panther AP round all the way out to 4 miles. Now it's back to the brightness that caused several forum topics about tracers. I do not gain visual of the panther AP tracer through the sight until it's almost at the target. And hit sprites do look a bit smaller than 38\39.

Is there any chance that the random phantom control lockup is the "over speed compression" control lockup kicking in early that would correlate to diving too fast and not being able to pull out? Otherwise the only difference with my new PC is that I have my saitek rudder peddles USB2 in a hub connected to a USB3 port on the PC. Unfortunately that would require finding out if all the players reporting the phantom lockup also have USB2 controllers plugged in USB3 ports. I realize USB3 ports can support USB2 devices but, I have the opportunity of a brand new PC and the first sortie experiencing the phantom lockup.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »
just got my second blue screen of death while playing the game.  I havent had one in years.  any ideas how to find out what happened?  both happened within 1 min of me minimizing the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2016, 04:56:47 PM »
Depending on your OS, a mini dump should have been left somewhere.

You can try this free utility to look at and post back info about your BSOD.

BlueScreenView
http://www.freewarefiles.com/BlueScreenView_program_50892.html
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2016, 07:22:48 PM »
I note that the on the current main map, the large airfield runways are not as they appear on the clip board.  Brought a B29 in on the short runway, wasn't quite long enough for me, but I did manage to stay on the concrete  :)  Is this going to be permanent or will they be orientated as to which way they run?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »
Sky separated into "octagon" of darkness and a band of normal sunrise after the night.  One other player saw the same thing, while another didn't.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2016, 11:07:28 AM »
Sky separated into "octagon" of darkness and a band of normal sunrise after the night.  One other player saw the same thing, while another didn't.

I've seen a similar issue during daytime, it looked like it might have been the high cloud layer.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
The Lancaster only has engine sounds starting up and at full throttle, reducing throttle or adding WEP cuts the sound.

The JU-87D3 has no engine sound after startup.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »

It's the high stratus layer block the terrain builder placed over that area with the cloud editor. I was hoping after reporting it back about 4-6 months ago some transition solution might have been implemented for the edges of the block. Or at least allow the block to cover the total area of the map.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2016, 11:44:07 AM »

I saw this same thing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »
Had problem with F3 external views while flying lancs. After first taking off it worked fine but later if in pilot position pressing F3 gave me a forward view from behind the pilot seat.

There are trees right at the end of the V44 E runway but my Lancs flew right through them.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »
Was on last night in the test arena, I got kicked from the game to my screensaver screen, wiggled the mouse and back to the game. It seems as though the game was playing within Windows instead of independently?, disabled the screensaver and that solved the issue for what I hope is a temporary issue.  This had not happened until the last patch that I had to use the 38-41 patch fix.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch