Author Topic: Still lots of problems!  (Read 1237 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Still lots of problems!
« on: August 20, 2016, 12:10:15 PM »
 :airplane: Why put trees on the end of runways? Numbe's just going to crash and get discouraged! Instrument panel lighting still not right, can't get video settings right! If I run up gamma, its to light, but can see the panel then! When adjusting engine sound, when you close the window, engines stop, then restart! No bomb bay doors opening sound at all, opening or closing on the 29! Gun sight in nose of 29 not right, its set to far to left and you can't see out the nose like you should be able to. Its ok in the current game, but not in Beta!
Gun sight reticles not bright enough, can't see them unless looking at blue sky or water in 17 or 29!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:14:44 PM by earl1937 »
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Still lots of problems!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:41:10 PM »
No help if you do not post in the correct thread. DX11 or DX9
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »
Solution to the tree problem: Report them by using the .psave command.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 01:09:12 PM »
:airplane: Why put trees on the end of runways? Numbe's just going to crash and get discouraged! Instrument panel lighting still not right, can't get video settings right! If I run up gamma, its to light, but can see the panel then! When adjusting engine sound, when you close the window, engines stop, then restart! No bomb bay doors opening sound at all, opening or closing on the 29! Gun sight in nose of 29 not right, its set to far to left and you can't see out the nose like you should be able to. Its ok in the current game, but not in Beta!
Gun sight reticles not bright enough, can't see them unless looking at blue sky or water in 17 or 29!

Yeah, the guy that did the update could have spent more time on and around the fields.
Still, submit the .psave [with different filenames here] data so the issues you want fixed can be put on the list to be fixed.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
Yeah, the guy that did the update could have spent more time on and around the fields.
Still, submit the .psave [with different filenames here] data so the issues you want fixed can be put on the list to be fixed.
:airplane: I am a 82 year old computer dummy and don't know how to do those things you suggest! Maybe HT will read them and put them where they are supposed to be! If you will do it, I would appreciate it very much!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 01:26:41 PM »
:airplane: I am a 82 year old computer dummy and don't know how to do those things you suggest! Maybe HT will read them and put them where they are supposed to be! If you will do it, I would appreciate it very much!

Earl if you say which airfield on which terrain has a tree problem it is a simple matter to remove them.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »
Kudos to you, you're two years older than my father who doesn't even own a computer!  :cheers:

Since you apparently can both read and write, you also can use the text buffer radio.

SO: Whereever you find a problem, simply open the radio buffer and type ".psave anyname". Then, find your game folder, the Settings folder, and copy/paste the text of that .psave file on this forum.

A more thorough 101: Open the radio, type "psave field#" without the quotes, substituting # with the actual number. After finishing your game, Right click your AH3 icon, choose "File location" which will take you deep down to C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Beta Game. While in there, choose the "Settings" folder where you'll find all the "field#" files you've just created. They should open in Notepad. Open them one at a time and copy/paste the contents to an error report on this forum.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:19:12 PM by Bizman »
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »
If that's correct. ∆∆∆∆∆∆ then it would be a sticky.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 02:32:58 AM »
Oops, missed a period in the 101. It should read ".psave field#".

Kotisivuni

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 09:52:49 AM »
An important little dot!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 12:09:52 PM »
As the joke goes....

One day the teacher told her class to think of something exiting that happened recently. Little Suzie told about her trip to Florida. Clyde said his dad got drunk all the time. Little Johnny put a dot on the board and the teacher asked him to explain what was exciting about a period. He said: "Hell if I know but my sister said she missed hers and my mom screamed, my dad had a heart attack, and the boy nextdoor left town."
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 12:22:54 PM »
As the joke goes....

One day the teacher told her class to think of something exiting that happened recently. Little Suzie told about her trip to Florida. Clyde said his dad got drunk all the time. Little Johnny put a dot on the board and the teacher asked him to explain what was exciting about a period. He said: "Hell if I know but my sister said she missed hers and my mom screamed, my dad had a heart attack, and the boy nextdoor left town."
:rofl :rofl
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 12:40:27 PM »

Off the clipboard select options, then select vid settings (IIRC) correctly.  Disable Post lighting which will disable, Bloom, Lens Flare, Star Burst and Antialiasing.  They aren't needed unless you like the effects.

This will brighten up your instrument panel.  Again for gunsights , you can brighten the pippers.  Just select them after you hit options on the clipboard.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 01:05:14 PM »
As the joke goes....

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 02:11:23 PM »
Hitech,

Is there any way to add a function to the TE that will lay down "grass only" for 1000yds or 1mile straight off the end of "all airfield object" or "select for this airfield" runways when the function is selected? I understand it might cause a strange issue on runway ends right at the water's edge or those ingenuously placed runway ends against the base of cliffs, mountains, and hills. 

That way all MA terrains can be updated in a moment to solve Earl's reported tree problem. Once you included the grass tile in the EU terrsets, I did that to the runways on my terrain.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.