Author Topic: Still lots of problems!  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Still lots of problems!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 02:25:04 PM »
 ;)
That's a bit like using a sledge hammer to set a finish nail.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 02:29:53 PM »
Yeah but it's an equal opportunity hammer...... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 12:22:52 PM »
Just checked out the runways on SFMA2016 and they all have trees at every end. Looks like the conversion process placed them there.

I tested a fully loaded B17 with 100% fuel from a large airfeild using auto take off and 2 notches of flaps. It got off the ground well before the trees. I tried the B29 with 20-500lbs and 25% fuel. Four notches of flaps using auto takoff from a large 1k feild ended up driving through the trees. Second test at the central runway crossing I turned off auto take off and eased the nose up manually. Just kissed the tops of the palm trees, held level struggling for about a 1\2 mile and even pulling up flaps, but eventually went into the trees. Tried the same at a 2k large feild taking off towards the drop off from the runway end. This worked, I had to nurse the B29 finally getting all flaps up and eventually auto level flight. This was the problem everyone had getting the B29 into the air when Hitech first introduced it.

It would be helpful if 1000yds of grass was painted on the terrain off the end of all runways on the map.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »
This discussion has been beneficial because the answer has been provided in the TE, it's the 4x4 mile large airfield. One should have been provided for each country in sfma2016 and mesaview, but they weren't and I can say that.

For the B-29 at sea level, a full bomb load with 3/4 fuel needs about an additional half mile of grass to take off and clear the trees from a medium a/f. Given the range of the B-29, I certainly couldn't justify clearing paths that long at every field and every runway. No other bomber I know of needs it except for the drone-in-the-trees issue and I expect to be fixed at some point.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 03:10:38 PM »
Just like level on square objects in the TE, maybe 1000yd grass on end of runway global toggle.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 01:39:09 AM »
Yeah, the guy that did the update could have spent more time on and around the fields.
Still, submit the .psave [with different filenames here] data so the issues you want fixed can be put on the list to be fixed.

What, you have never landed at airfields with trees on both ends? One of my favorite places I use to fly to had trees right on the end of the runway and high mts on the other end
one way in and one way out great fun. Fortunately my RV-6 could land short and had enough power to climb over the trees most guy had to go around them on departure.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 03:08:42 AM »
I experienced a few problems but none is HT fault.. Screen freeze's but let's me kill engine and fire weapon, bombsight pitch black, hard to follow tracers, when someone took out lead bomber other two fall from the sky,#3 bomber took 4 min to catch up to 1 and 2 after take off lol that cracked me up I thought it might have blown up on takeoff but he just overslept..fps was OK 40-55 ,24 once in a while i put all the settings like scuzzy screenshot suggested i think I got a ddr3 and I need a ddr4.. My ping rate 83 that's better ping than I get in ah2 all in all still love the game and will just have to upgrade my one year old Asus laptop..I also got lost trying to find my town when I left the base to kill gvs in town with my panther but it was a scenic drive
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:10:27 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 03:29:02 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:33:47 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 02:11:43 PM »
Regarding the ACIII Pre-release:  In the view options mode, "Start in Mouse Look" doesn't appear to be working even though there is a box to check or unchecked; either way it doesn't appear to work.